Search results

1. P

If you could have been there for the recording of any song..

If you could have been present for the live, studio recording of any of Michael's songs, which would you pick? Mine would be TLC (The Lost Children) or The Girl is Mine. Probably TLC. I would love to have seen such compassion and emotion expressed in person. For historical purposes (to be...
  2. P

Mention being an MJ fan early on in relationships?

Obviously, the folks on here aren't average fans and I am wondering if it is important to mention that we're huge MJ fans early on in personal relationships (with significant others). What do you guys think? If you're like me, Michael is hugely important in your life. You bring him into...
  3. P

Do you guys have a favorite MJ move/dance?

If you have a favorite MJ move/dance, please post a link to a video showing it (YouTube is a good place to find MJ videos). Here's my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjZeiGuo ... re=related Do you guys know when he first began doing this dance? I can date it back to as early as...
  4. P

We hardly ever talk about Michael\'s music

Fans love to complain about what the media did to Michael with regards to changing the conversation from the music to tabloid fodder (more time spent on tabloid headlines than the man's music), but at least in this fan community, there's very little talk about Michael's music. Most topics...
  5. P

Which drugs did Michael\'s family think he was taking?

Several family members have said that they were worried about Michael's drug use, and they say that they talked to Michael about drug use and whatnot, but they never say which drugs they thought he was taking.  How did they know he was using drugs?  Michael certainly wasn't open about it.  How...
  6. P

What happened to Michael\'s hair?

I know about the Pepsi hair/fire incident, but post-fire pictures/videos of Michael seem to indicate that his hair regrew in full. His hair in Bad and other videos is thick and full. Only after Michael died did I learn he wore a wig. Now it all makes sense. I kept noticing all these changes...
  7. P

Please don\'t expect too much from the Murray trial

I know we're all pretty upset with Murray, but we should be realistic. I honestly don't think all that much will happen to him if he is convicted. I am saying this because I don't want you guys to get the feeling that we will finally get real justice and get your hopes up. Who knows...the guy...
  8. P

After years of being pursued, adults were suspect but kids were not

After J.D. Salinger, the reclusive but extremely well-known author, died, one of the people in his small town explained Salinger's relationship with children: "I could understand why, after years of being pursued, why adults were suspect [to Salinger] but kids were not." Here's more: I...
  9. P

Do we know why Michael wanted Murray to be his doctor?

According to Randy Phillips, one of the AEG guys, Michael specifically requested Murray. I know some of you guys don't trust AEG, but there is every reason to believe Michael wanted Murray. Michael met Murray, I believe, in 2006 (or maybe 2005), long before This is It came into picture...
  10. P

\"Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown\"

"Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown" is a quote from Shakespeare's Henry IV, and I found it awfully true about King Michael. Explanation of the quote: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/396000.html Just a thought in case you ever wonder why Michael had to deal with so much %@#$%%.
  11. P

I asked my niece to ask Santa for Michael

My sister (niece's mother) was asking her daughter what Santa was going to get for everyone, and then my niece mentioned what Santa was going to give me. I asked my niece to ask Santa to get me Michael instead. :( I felt like sharing this with the rest of the MJEOL family.
  12. P

If you learned of Michael\'s propofol use, what would you have done/said?

Let's suppose it's June 20th, 2009. You are Michael's friend (not a very close friend but a friend nonetheless), and while getting something from his room, you notice something suspicious: medical equipment and vials reading, "Propofol." You start Googling the medication's name and you learn...
  13. P

Actors who might play Michael in future movies

I have been thinking about this since before Michael died: whoever the actor might be, if the person playing young and/or old Michael is not African American, I refuse to watch the movie. Michael clearly said that, when he looked in the mirror, he saw a black man (I see a black man as well when...
  14. P

What was your meeting/day with Michael supposed to be like?

I am assuming most of us have thought about meeting Michael one day and what that day would be like. How did you envision meeting Michael and hanging out/talking with him? I probably would have had a script of stuff I wanted to say to him and read it to him, because I don't think I could talk...
  15. P

Did Michael care about sales numbers?

I have never heard Michael talking about whether he judged his own success by sales numbers of his albums, and I am trying to figure out what he thought. Were sales numbers important to him at all? I want to know if he thought "Ah, whatever" or "YES! I made it to number one/sold X albums...
  16. P

If you bumped into Michael on the street...

You see someone on the street with a fedora on. He looks different. Your Michael Jackson sense is so acute, you figure out it is him. What do you do? 1. Respect his privacy and pretend you don't see him. Please, keep in mind Michael really doesn't need the attention. He's heard fan...
  17. P

Elizabeth Taylor needs to set the record straight soon

We all realize Elizabeth Taylor will not be around for much longer. She looks very frail and is not becoming younger by the day. Incidentally, she was one of Michael's very, very closest friends. Up to the day of his death, she was still regularly communicating with him. Because time is...
  18. P

Revisiting Michael\'s death after I promised not to do this

Shortly after Michael died, I promised myself not to look into how or why he died. I was afraid that, if learned about how he died, I would try to come up with alternate scenarios that would have kept him alive. Here's an example from the New York Times: What if Paris never became sick when...
  19. P

Did Michael see a mental health expert/psychologist?

I only created this thread out of worry for Michael, and nothing here is critical of Michael. If I didn't love Michael, I wouldn't bother creating this thread. There is a general stigma against seeking mental health help, but there shouldn't be. I am not calling Michael "crazy." That is...
  20. P

30 seconds double-posting error

I tend to get the following error message quite often: I get this even though I am not posting every 30 seconds. I get this hours and hours after my last post. I don't think I have ever tried to post within 30 seconds of the last post.