AEG Trial: Just when you think you've heard it all !!!!!!

Dialdancer

I remember being angry with myself when I first read Janet Arvizo's 05 trial testimony, because I kept laughing.  Michael was in danger and his life was on the line and it was a very serious matter.  There was such a sense of the ridiculous in her testimony I could not help myself.

Several times during the AEG Wrongful Trial I have laughed at the responses to questions or testimony.  Some we so in your face false you could not get insulted, because you thought this person is a well paid idiot.  Sometimes I invented new four letter words to express my displeasure at many of those same persons and for the same reason.

From where I sit it is hard to tell who wishes to shut this trial down fastest, the Judge or the Defense.  Shut it down before it implodes even further.  The Defense had a couple of good witnesses who gave logical and maybe convincing testimony, but on the whole they are a mess.

Here is the latest "mess".

This afternoon CNN files a report concerning Dr. Earley.
The title was AEG "expert" says Jackson an addict....BUT... before the ink could dry... up comes this information.  (Serves CNN & Alan Duke right for jumping the gun)

(Except)

Los Angeles (CNN) -- The co-author of a study on propofol addiction funded by AEG Live and used in their defense in the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial lost his medical license for writing illegal drug prescriptions, according to testimony.

Dr. Torin Finver was hired to help with the AEG Live study after he lost his job at a pizza parlor and took a job driving a Goodwill truck, said Dr. Paul Earley, who testified Wednesday as an expert witness for the concert promoter.

Finver was "destitute, dead broke, and I wanted to help him," Earley, himself a recovering heroin addict, testified.

The revelation was a bizarre twist in the trial of the billion-dollar lawsuit filed by Jackson's mother and three children, which is being heard by a Los Angeles jury. The four-month-long trial is nearing a conclusion.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/04/showbiz/michael-jackson-death-trial/index.html?sr=sharebar_twitter

It gets better or worse depending who you are rooting for.

Dialdancer

In case the name Dr. Paul Earley doesn't ring bells try this!!!

"Doctor: Michael Jackson Playing ‘Russian Roulette’ When Using Propofol"

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/09/03/doctor-michael-jackson-playing-russian-roulette-when-using-propofol/

NOW HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS!!!!

Propofol CAN RESTORE CIRCADIAN RHYTHM in Chronic Insomniacs!

Cell Biochem Biophys. 2011 Jul;60(3):161-6. doi: 10.1007/s12013-010-9135-7.
Propofol-induced sleep: efficacy and safety in patients with refractory chronic primary insomnia.
Xu Z, Jiang X, Li W, Gao D, Li X, Liu J.
Source

Department of Neurology, Daping Hospital, Research Institute of Surgery, Third Military Medical University, Changjiang Branch Road # 10, Chongqing 400042, People's Republic of China.
Abstract

Insomnia, defined as difficulty in falling asleep and/or staying asleep, short sleep duration, or poor quality sleep, is a common sleep disorder affecting 30-40% of adult population. We have conducted a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to test if anesthesia is therapeutically beneficial in patients with refractory chronic primary insomnia. We have assessed the efficacy and safety of propofol-induced sleep in these patients. This study comprised of 103 patients with refractory chronic primary insomnia (including 59 non-pregnant, non-lactating women; 28-60 years) and the participants were randomized to receive either physiological saline (placebo) (n = 39) or 3.0 g/l propofol (n = 64) in a 2-h continuous intravenous infusion for five consecutive nights. The Leeds Sleep Evaluation Questionnaire was used for the subjective assessment of sleep, and polysomnography was used for the objective measurement of sleep architecture and patterns. The assessments were done prior to and at the end of the 5-day treatment and 6 months after treatment period. The adverse effects of the treatment were also recorded. A 2-h continuous intravenous infusion of 3.0 g/l propofol for five consecutive nights improved the subjective and objective assessments of sleep in 64 patients with refractory chronic primary insomnia. This improvement occurred immediately after the therapy and persisted for 6 months. No serious adverse events were noticed during the period of drug administration or 6 months after the treatment. Propofol therapy is an efficacious and safe choice for restoring normal sleep in patients with refractory chronic primary insomnia.

PMID:
    [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21107748

It is reported that this study was once on the good Doctor's blog in 2011. I would not blame the Jury for being confused.