any new news on the nobel peace prize??

brnthsdiscout

or is it just a rumor? i read somewhere that mj was nominated twice...anyone else know more about it? in america, there's no mention of it...:uh_uh: if it's true does anyone know when theyll announce the winner? thanks!:bowdown

Shannon

Yes, it is true that Michael has been nominated twice, in 1998 and 2003 to be exact, for the Nobel Peace Prize. :) We are not sure though if he's nominated this year. However, I am the president of the project which is trying to get him nominated again, so you might have heard about it through that since the word has been spread around on different MJ forums on the net. We have also made a petition a while ago, you'll find a bit more information about it here:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/mjfornobelpeaceprize

If you're curious about anything, you're more than welcome to ask me. :8-26-03fruits_apple

brnthsdiscout

Shannon;195740 said:
Yes, it is true that Michael has been nominated twice, in 1998 and 2003 to be exact, for the Nobel Peace Prize. :) We are not sure though if he's nominated this year. However, I am the president of the project which is trying to get him nominated again, so you might have heard about it through that since the word has been spread around on different MJ forums on the net. We have also made a petition a while ago, you'll find a bit more information about it here:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/mjfornobelpeaceprize

If you're curious about anything, you're more than welcome to ask me. :8-26-03fruits_apple

thanks! one question, can americans vote on that petition? i put my sig. but then i saw this clip saying uk residents only. but my sig still got accepted. pls. keep us up to date, i had no idea this was true!! :) i think it's wonderful! do you have a myspace or youtube acct.? cuz there's millions of mj fans on those sites and i know they would be more than happy to help.:D good luck!!

Shannon

brnthsdiscout;195784 said:
thanks! one question, can americans vote on that petition? i put my sig. but then i saw this clip saying uk residents only. but my sig still got accepted. pls. keep us up to date, i had no idea this was true!! :) i think it's wonderful! do you have a myspace or youtube acct.? cuz there's millions of mj fans on those sites and i know they would be more than happy to help.:D good luck!!

Sorry for my late response, I've been busy celebrating my birthday...

But yes, anyone in the whole world can sign the petition. :) We've already got signatures from Japan, France, UK, China, Mexico, Sweden, Austria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Africa, Finland, Russia, Australia, HongKong, Ireland, AND the US, etc., so anyone who support the mission of our project can join.

The project itself hasn't got a myspace or youtube acct. yet, however maybe we should make one in the future... But I have a myspace site, you'll find the address in my signature below, I'm not very active there, but anyone can add me as a friend if they wish to do so.

I see I forgot to answer you on a question in your first post too: The winner of the Nobel Peace Prize is announced every year in October in Oslo, Norway. :8-26-03fruits_apple

brnthsdiscout

you know, it's really a shame that in the u.s. there's been no mention of this...i myself never even knew about it 'til now. :( but i really appreciate you doing this shannon, and if i can be of any help let me know!:D

Shannon

brnthsdiscout;195858 said:
you know, it's really a shame that in the u.s. there's been no mention of this...i myself never even knew about it 'til now. :( but i really appreciate you doing this shannon, and if i can be of any help let me know!:D

Thank you, brnthsdiscout. :D Well, all we need now is more signatures, so keep them coming, guys. :p

T0dd0la

Good answers Veronica:)

"Keep signing, keep smiling, knowing you can always count on me, for sure, that's what friends are for"

Yes I know im crazy:mf_w00t2:

Shannon

brnthsdiscout;195990 said:
does anyone know if mj made the nominations list? or is it too soon?

The nomination list is strictly confidential, so only a few of those who are nominated each year is revealed for the media every year.