Are we hating too much?

oldschoolfan

It has occured to me recently that people have been angry. Eveyone we used to like, they now are targets for an attack. Everyone we've never liked, we're now hunting them down for revenge.
Wether or not it's all the obvious stuff like making accusations, portraying him in a bad light and, oh I don't know, killing him, or the stuff more based on our presumption- coming across money/fame hungry, winning more awards than Michael, not giving Michael the credit he deserves, jumping on the bandwagon, suddenly appearing after presumably turning their backs, whatever. It's almost as though nobody can do right anymore. And it all seems to have happened after Michael's death.

Are we hating too much? Are we so filled with anger over Michael's death that we need to take it out on SOMEBODY? I admit I have been one of those people. Then the thought came to my head- 'I don't remember being so mad at people, I thought we liked this person'. Is it because we are so infuriated by people turning their backs on Michael that we want someone to be the perfect friend for him, but then second they say or do something we don't neccesarily agree with everyone flips. Are we blaming Michael's death on the lack of respect he recieved in life, therefore coming down on EVERYONE that steps a foot wrong? The pain of that disrespect is all the more painful when Michael isn't around anymore.

What would Michael think about this? Would he be happy that his death has made us all so hateful and angry towards people, a lot of which have nothing in comaprison to the others who have undoubtedly hurt him and ruined his life.

R e a f u

Not that I'm making excuses, but I think you have to remember and take into consideration what sort of stress people have going on in their lives ontop of what affect Michael's death has had on them. I think if you asked anyone here, with the current economy, "Has 2009 been a good year for you?" and you'll get various answers(remember the Let's Talk threads?). And I'm guessing that whatever personal problems people have, they're affecting how their interact with other people ontop of the whole "THE INTERNET IS SRS BUSINESS >|!!!!"

But yeah I'll agree in the months since his death, I've found myself a little less patient with people and one person who I used to find a little annoying, no I absolutely cannot stand(for different reasons). I think we just need to be more sensitive to people's feelings.

Cristine87

Yes, I am angry! Michael was abandoned and stabbed in the back by alot of people and I find it unfair that he had to die for people to show him respect and compassion. He was a human being! Too many people distanced themselves from him when his reputation was suffering, instead of having his back and defending him, and now they wanna kiss his ass and talk about how great he was and bring attention to whatever relationship they had with him. That's f*cked up! Michael, whatever flaws he had, was a good person with a big heart who was kind, soft-spoken and gentle. How do you turn your back on someone like that and then claim to love him so much in death?

Saphster

Yes I am hating too much but I think I'm being reasonable. I'm tired of seeing people kick Michael even in death and spit on his good name. I know Michael would not be proud but I'm only human.

Juniorlady

Cristine87;233953 said:
Yes, I am angry! Michael was abandoned and stabbed in the back by alot of people and I find it unfair that he had to die for people to show him respect and compassion. He was a human being! Too many people distanced themselves from him when his reputation was suffering, instead of having his back and defending him, and now they wanna kiss his ass and talk about how great he was and bring attention to whatever relationship they had with him. That's f*cked up! Michael, whatever flaws he had, was a good person with a big heart who was kind, soft-spoken and gentle. How do you turn your back on someone like that and then claim to love him so much in death?

I'd have to agree with Cristine87. Anyone who ever befriended or worked with Michael wouldn't want to admit it; but now they want to act all sympathetic now that he's gone. Where were these people when he needed them? They wait until it's too late to say how they really feel about him. Right now, I'm hating on the fact of how the police is handling this Murray guy.

LittleSusie50

Yes, I was hating too much.
Today, I am not hating too much.
Tomorrow, I may start to hate again.
I might spend all of next month hating.
I shouldn't say hating...reflecting angrily has a better tone.
As long as I have breath in my body, this will continue.
Someone we all cared for so much left suddenly,
and it will most likely hurt and haunt us forever.
Some days are good, some better, some bad, some excruciating...
I have been staring at my TII DVD, but I can't watch it.
Maybe on one of my really good days, I'll muster up the strength.
For now, I'm angrily reflecting...just a little...:8-26-03baby:
Miss u much Mikey...:michaeljacksonicon:

susanrello

Yes, I was hating too much. I have always liked Joy Bahar, then I started hating her for no other reason than have a difference of opinion on MJ.

oldschoolfan

susanrello;234573 said:
Yes, I was hating too much. I have always liked Joy Bahar, then I started hating her for no other reason than have a difference of opinion on MJ.

I've always had a sudden instant disliking for someone who talks **** about Michael, no matter how much I may have enjoyed them before.

Cristine87

oldschoolfan;234610 said:
I've always had a sudden instant disliking for someone who talks **** about Michael, no matter how much I may have enjoyed them before.

Me too! Once you bash MJ, you're on my sh*t list!

danaluvsmj

I totally agree. I'm tired of all the fighting and finger pointing. There's been a lot of fighting going on between other fans and Karen and the TINI fans, and I'm getting sick of it.I undertand the anger and pain, but this has gone too far.

OneMoreChance

danaluvsmj;234849 said:
I totally agree. I'm tired of all the fighting and finger pointing. There's been a lot of fighting going on between other fans with Karen and the TINI fans, and I'm getting sick of it.I undertand the anger and pain, but this has gone too far.

I know it's crazy! I made her a friend on Facebook and then deleted her because it was making me so angry! If you don't agree with them they all turn on you! I personally don't agree with the TINI fans!

privacy

danaluvsmj;234849 said:
I totally agree. I'm tired of all the fighting and finger pointing. There's been a lot of fighting going on between other fans and Karen and the TINI fans, and I'm getting sick of it.I undertand the anger and pain, but this has gone too far.

QFT.

This is why I only come here when I'm really upset and need fans to vent to. There's too much hating and people judging others when really, haven't we all learnt not to judge, for my tastes.