Associated Press: DA seeks Murray Indictment

HeavenSent

Since this is no longer TMZ, I thought I'd post it here. No new developments yet, however it I think it's best to post any related information in this thread.

Source: DA to seek indictment of Jackson doctor
Associated Press - 08/01/2010

By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent Linda Deutsch, Ap Special Correspondent — 8 mins ago

LOS ANGELES — The Associated Press has learned that prosecutors will seek an involuntary manslaughter indictment against Michael Jackson's doctor for the pop star's death.

A law enforcement source says Dr. Conrad Murray will be prosecuted on a theory of gross negligence. The source spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation remains open.

Miranda Sevcik, a spokeswoman in Houston for Murray and his lawyer, Edward Chernoff, said the doctor had no comment and reiterated he neither prescribed nor administered anything that should have killed Michael Jackson.

The district attorney's office is waiting for the Los Angeles police to turn over the case before presenting it to a grand jury.

Jackson died at his Los Angeles home in June while under Murray's care as the singer prepared for an ambitious concert schedule.

Plans to seek the indictment were first reported by TMZ.com.

Cristine87

HeavenSent;231942 said:
Miranda Sevcik, a spokeswoman in Houston for Murray and his lawyer, Edward Chernoff, said the doctor had no comment and reiterated he neither prescribed nor administered anything that should have killed Michael Jackson.

Motherf*cker, it DID kill MIchael Jackson! Am I taking crazy pills? Michael is dead. Why is he dead? Cause he had too much propofol in his system. Propofol that YOU administered! Why the f*ck is this being made out to be so complicated? My own mother is a medical professional, an RN, she administers IV's all the time and she CANNOT phantom why this is so complicated. They can put her up on that motherf*cking stand and have her testify that a medical professional is not supposed to administer propofol unless they are an anesticiologist and the patient is to be monitered and oxygen needs to be nearby just in case! WTF is so hard about that?:8-26-03ranting:

sweet princess

Cristine87;231949 said:
Motherf*cker, it DID kill MIchael Jackson! Am I taking crazy pills? Michael is dead. Why is he dead? Cause he had too much propofol in his system. Propofol that YOU administered! Why the f*ck is this being made out to be so complicated? My own mother is a medical professional, an RN, she administers IV's all the time and she CANNOT phantom why this is so complicated. They can put her up on that motherf*cking stand and have her testify that a medical professional is not supposed to administer propofol unless they are an anesticiologist and the patient is to be monitered and oxygen needs to be nearby just in case! WTF is so hard about that?:8-26-03ranting:

I know how you feel hon, They better make sure that this goes to trial. Cause if it doesn't you can bet there will be fans willing to kick Conrad Murray's ass if they let him walk.:eek:hnoyoudidnt:mad::chairbeat:chairbeat:pullhair

Pirate.

Cristine87;231949 said:
Motherf*cker, it DID kill MIchael Jackson! Am I taking crazy pills? Michael is dead. Why is he dead? Cause he had too much propofol in his system. Propofol that YOU administered! Why the f*ck is this being made out to be so complicated?

!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU.

Last time I checked, LAPD, 2 + 2 = 4..... :oops:

HeavenSent

If one of the mods can correct the title, that would be great. It should read 'DA', not 'LAPD'

CRIMINAL ATTORNEY ADDED TO LEGAL TEAM FOR MICHAEL JACKSON'S FORMER PHYSICIAN

Quote:
January 8, 2010 | 12:20 pm
Michael Jackson’s former personal physician has hired a Los Angeles criminal defense attorney to help his legal team combat a potential manslaughter prosecution in the pop icon’s fatal overdose last summer.

Dr. Conrad Murray hired Glendale attorney J. Michael Flanagan on Tuesday, the physician’s lead lawyer, Ed Chernoff, confirmed.

The lawyer previously won a manslaughter acquittal for a nurse tried in what is believed to be the only other L.A. criminal case involving propofol, the powerful sedative blamed in Jackson’s death.

Sources have told The Times for several months that Murray is expected to face involuntary manslaughter charges. The Associated Press, citing an unnamed source, reported today that prosecutors will seek an indictment against Murray for involuntary manslaughter.

Law enforcement officials have identified Murray as the target of a manslaughter investigation in search warrants filed in court in the months after Jackson’s death, but a spokeswoman for the district attorney said today that no decision had been made in Murray’s case.

“We have not been formally presented with the case by the LAPD yet.... We do not have a pending case,” spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said. Murray’s lawyers said that if prosecutors had convened a grand jury, they had not notified them or invited the doctor to testify. Flanagan, Murray’s new attorney, said the discussion of an involuntary manslaughter charge was not surprising.

“That is the only thing they could charge him with, but it doesn’t mean that a grand jury would indict him,” said Flanagan. In 2004, the district attorney’s office prosecuted two Burbank nurses for involuntary manslaughter for administering the anesthetic to a cancer patient without authorization of an anesthesiologist.

The patient died. One nurse pleaded no contest to a lesser charge. The other, represented by Flanagan, was acquitted.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...ckson-attorney -builds-legal-team-for-expected-manslaughter-charges.html

Shannon

HeavenSent;231967 said:
wow thanks, veronica! good to see a mod back in the game again! muah!

I know, right, lol. Just let me know if there is more that needs my attention - I'm here, but not everywhere. :p

SexyChica

Murray deserves at least murder 2, manslaughter is just not enough. This goes beyond negligence. There was a complete coverup.

Murray should have already been charged and sitting in jail.

Saphster

Yeah I've read that involuntary manslaughter is about 2-5 years of jail time depending on the state. That's not NEARLY enough for all the pain this man has caused.