BET Awards \'07

HeavenSent

BET Awards anyone? I always manage to miss the premiere and this year will be no exception. (Too many things to do away from the TV tonite)

http://blackvoices.aol.com/blogs/2007/06/25/bet-awards-07-blind-item-in-bv-buzz/

BET Awards '07 Blind Item in BV Buzz
Posted Jun 25th 2007 6:49PM by Marcus Vanderberg
Filed under: Everybody Hates Marcus

In this week's BV Buzz column by Jawn Murray, the weekly 'Can't Say Names' item had to deal directly with the BET Awards on Tuesday night.

So each year the organizers of the 'BET Awards' work to surprise viewers with a top-secret performance. Usually the secret is a surprise guest (Michael Jackson), a big reunion (The Fugees) or maybe even a first-time duet (possibly this year?). Most years, I've scooped BET by learning who the secret performer(s) will be, though I never fully disclose the act (mainly because I genuinely like Stephen Hill, BET's Senior VP of BET Music Programming and Talent). Now a little birdie told what is expected this year, but of course I can't give you a full spoiler. But that doesn't mean I can't offer a few options and let you choose!

A. Beyonce Knowles & LeToya Luckett
B. Michael Jackson & Prince My comment: Not likely, but damn! That would be HOT!
C. Jennifer Holiday & Jennifer Hudson
D. Monica & Brandy
E. Whitney Houston & Bobby Brown

---
I'm banking on C. Jennifer Holiday and Ms. Hudson because everything else either makes NO sense or it's too unlikely. So we shall see...:D Hope the show's a good one.

Shannon

HeavenSent;194146 said:
B. Michael Jackson & Prince My comment: Not likely, but damn! That would be HOT!
I can't see that coming, no. But it surely would be interesting to see. :)

I'm banking on C. Jennifer Holiday and Ms. Hudson because everything else either makes NO sense or it's too unlikely. So we shall see...:D Hope the show's a good one.

Yeah, I agree. 'Cause it'd be such a bomb if Whitney and Bobby showed up. :blink:

HeavenSent

I'm giving in to the temptation! I just switched to it and got finished watching Beyonce perform followed by Kelly Rowland/Eve. No...Mike and Prince aren't there (SHOCK!), but their influences per another board, all over the place. The show seems to be lacking buzz. I hope the tribute to Diana saves it!

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
It was pretty good. I enjoyed it even without Mike, which is incredibly rare for me with other awards shows.

HeavenSent

I managed to catch the tribute to Gerald Levert which I thought was touching. I know I'll watch the show on repeat...it never fails!