Brother tells newspaper Michael Jackson likely to convert to Islam

Romimj

Hey, gys. I was surffing the internet when i found this... dont know if its true or not :unsure:

Canadian Press
Published: Friday, February 23, 2007

LONDON (AP) - Michael Jackson is likely to convert to Islam, his brother said in an interview with a British Muslim newspaper.

Jermaine Jackson said his younger brother has shown a strong interest in the faith and has been reading about it. His comments appeared in The Muslim News, a monthly newspaper. "I think it is most probable that Michael will convert to Islam," Jackson said.

Jermaine, 52, converted to Islam in 1989 and now lives in Bahrain, where Michael has also recently taken up residence.

"When I came back from Mecca I got him a lot of books and he asked me lots of things about my religion and I told him that it's peaceful and beautiful," he said.

"He read everything and he was proud of me that I found something that would give me inner strength and peace."

Michael Jackson used bodyguards from the Nation of Islam, a militant U.S. black empowerment group, during his prosecution on child molestation charges in 2005. The pop star was later acquitted.

Jermaine, a singer and bassist, appeared on the British reality television show "Celebrity Big Brother" last month and is now developing a musical about the Jackson Five.

© The Canadian Press 2007
:blink:

T0dd0la

No it is not... Michael said he was interesting in the religion, not that he was going to convert.. Michael has always had a faith in God, as in one God... Hmm, what ever you do Michael, I love you:cool:

danaluvsmj

Jermaine should really shut his big mouth. He can't speak for Michael. He might be interested in Islam, but that doesn't mean he's going to convert. I think Jermaine should stop pushing him.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I have to caution people when they hear stuff like this. Sometimes these people take a person's comments totally out of context and write the story they want to write to get the most attention.

However, IF IF IF this is accurate and not somebody taking Jermaine's words out of context: I wish he would just shut the ____ up. I think any announcements of Mike's faith is best handled by Mike. It ain't Jermain's place to be talking about what religion Mike is or will be.

561MJ18man

I doubt that in 02 he said he was a jehovah's witness and during the trial he was going to the kingdom halls. Sooo i don't believe this 1 bit.

jupiter

T0dd0la;186327 said:
No it is not... Michael said he was interesting in the religion, not that he was going to convert.. Michael has always had a faith in God, as in one God... Hmm, what ever you do Michael, I love you:cool:

:bump

Love Jermaine, lol, but this is obviously, in context, HIS personal wish for Michael, not coming directly from Michael himself. :lol I've personally given up on taking what other people say he's going to do literally (as often times, he's ended up doing the exact opposite! :lol)..until or unless Michael speaks on it himself, it's an opinion/ inference/wish..not fact. . Not to mention how the media probably spun what Jermaine actually said all out of proportion to begin with..we've come to expect nothing less, right? :rolleyes:

I mean, if Michael chose to convert to Islam or anything else..good for him! :D Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I just won't believe it until it comes from him...

CJluvsMJ

I sorta see it like this:
I'm very interested in ancient Egyptian culture.
Love it, actually.
I have read tons of books on it & study it all of the time.
But, that doesn't mean that I wanna convert to praising ancient Egyptian gods or anything.
I like only prasing one god. :lol
I sorta feel that's what MJ is going through.