Celebrating Michael\'s Birthday.......

mysteriousone

So what did everyone do to celebrate Michael's 49th Birthday?

I sat out on my balcony sipping wine and watched the Lunar Eclipse! It was amazing! I kept thinking, well it's the 28th here, but I'll sit here until just after 12 midnight and see Michael's birthday in (29th with ME).......

Clouds in the early evening threatened the view but they eventually obliged, lol, allowing me a decent look! The last and final look I took was just after 12 midnight and that's when I said a silent prayer for Michael, wishing him a happy birthday! It was truly a beautiful way to celebrate Michael's 49th birthday! :wub:

And then :lol yesterday 30th (but the 29th with Michael) a friend and I went out for lunch and that was, well...............scrumptious!! :licklips

So what did all you others do...........anything special??

Mysti!

Purple_Angel

I didn't celebrate his birthday... I feel awful about it, but I ended up celebrating my dad's birthday instead. (and he's a hater...which makes me feel even more awful... I feel disgusted with myself... I shouldn't even be called a fan...)

danaluvsmj

I just watched the Dangerous short films DVD. Ah, brings back so many great memories.
Maybe I'll watch the Bucharest concert later.:D

Debbyg

for me well I woke up to toke my mother to the DR got back home at 1:30 pm and turn on my computer and came here . There was nothing on TV about Michael celebrating his birthday :angry: so think GOD for computers I just look at his video on this site over and over then went to my you tub to look at more stuff of his time is now 11:11 pm and still doing it :wub:

Posting messages to/for him on here and on my Livejournal blog, talking to the friends I've been soo blessed to have met through him online and on the phone (includ. you all, of course! :8-26-03fruits_apple ) and watching his shortfilms.....I have the Dangerous Shortfilms DVD on as I write this, as a matter of fact...currently playing, the 'Black or White' shortfilm. :D

Oh and I also went off my diet and snuck in a little piece of cake at lunch...hehe :p

I hope he had a GREAT one!!!! :wub:

danaluvsmj

Oh, guess what? By surprise my dad got me KFC for dinner! Is that a coincidence or what?

I ended up watching Moonwalker instead of Bucharest. Oh well. I'll watch it another time. I'm off to bed.

Romimj

Well, I was wearing a white Glove...*cut like the one Michael was wearing in BAD* and wrote MJ @ the back of it :D ...since i was @ campus, i couldnt do the whole costume...lol I could have though Now that i think 'bout it. anyway, I was listning to Michael on my ipod*Which has over 350 songs of his. And that was 'bout it.... ohhh, and since i took the Metro bus, They offered A Treansfer Ticket and on it it said AUGUST 29th '07 PASS, so i'ma b keeping that ticket...I know its lame but Thats the only thing i had as a proof that I Was actually Alive on Michael's 49th Birthday....lol :lol

LOVE U MIKE!!! HOPE U HAD A GREAT DAY!!!!!! :mf_w00t2:

Shannon

Wow, Mysti, you sure sounds to celebrate his birthday in a very special way. :D How nice... I wish I was there with you. :wub:

I wasn't celebrating at all yesterday, unfortunately. :mellow: I kept myself busy with doing loads of stuff I've pushed ahead of me for quite a while though. Writing a few emails, blogs, satisfy my creativity, as well as I talked to a few of my MJ friends. However, I'm expecting two new MJ DVDs I've ordered online and the Aphrodite Jones book in the mail any day now, so hopefully, I will celebrate at least a little this weekend. :D And tonight, I will finally try to figure out how to do something, a favor I promised to do for my best friend a long time ago, but been too lazy and too busy to have done anything about it until now. :( So that's also gonna be a part of my celebration -- ohh, and I am finally going to buy the Invincible CD today which I lost about a year ago. Yeah, loads of stuff to do today, I better get started... :rolleyes: :p

Shannon

Btw, I guess there's still no news regarding Michael's whereabouts on his birthday? :unsure: Ohh well, I hope he had a good one no matter where or how he celebrated it. :wub: :D

HeavenSent

Like Mysti, I took in some wine. Toasted to him, helped myself to Off The Wall. Most radio shows played his music but it wasn't the fullblown dedications that I was expecting. Sadly, it was also the 2nd Anniversay of Hurricane Katrina so it was really a time to put things in perspective as well. MJEOLer's like Saphster, who live on the Gulf Coast or who have had family members affected by that, my heart still goes out to you!

I feel so bad... I didn't even think about Michael. Please don't kill me you guys...

But if you have seen the news some days ago, there was a terrible Earthquake that hit the Ica area of Peru, and also gave the capital, Lima, quite a scare. 1/4 of the buildings were destroyed, a lot of people have died, and there's plenty of need for help--monetary help. And, it is my country, even if I live in the US... and since I used to be a volunteer for the D.C. consulate, I've been raising money and sending it... On his birthday I was raising money to send that same day, and then I dropped off some books I was donating to the library, and I... guess I was too excited with the invitation from Yale to their info session.

So that's how I spent it. Doing charity, volunteering, and, crying to my friends over how I could never get into Yale, and even if I could, I could never afford it as I collected blankets, money, clothes, and gave up my books.

Debbyg

mysteriousone;196534 said:
So what did everyone do to celebrate Michael's 49th Birthday?

I sat out on my balcony sipping wine and watched the Lunar Eclipse! It was amazing! I kept thinking, well it's the 28th here, but I'll sit here until just after 12 midnight and see Michael's birthday in (29th with ME).......

Clouds in the early evening threatened the view but they eventually obliged, lol, allowing me a decent look! The last and final look I took was just after 12 midnight and that's when I said a silent prayer for Michael, wishing him a happy birthday! It was truly a beautiful way to celebrate Michael's 49th birthday! :wub:

And then :lol yesterday 30th (but the 29th with Michael) a friend and I went out for lunch and that was, well...............scrumptious!! :licklips

So what did all you others do...........anything special??

Mysti!

Hi Myst I'm looking at your thread and I notice you say yesterday was the 30th so where do you live?? cause to me today is the 30th at 10:36 pm:)

Minnie Dia

i was totally pissed of that there wasnt anything on Tv for him.. esp on VH1!!! i wasnt able to be home anyway, but i wore almost all the jewelry i have of him.. and kept telling everyone i knew! LOL.

Black Loafers

I wrote HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL on my msn so everyone could see but I wish I could have done something in school..for example wear a glove or something but scince I am in a British International School we have to wear this butt ugly uniform so I couldn't wear anything Michaelish which I feel kind of bad for..but last year before I moved to Shanghai I wore my Michael Jackson t shirt in school and singing loudly Happy Birthday dear Michael with a friend who's actually a non-fan. :D

HeavenSent

uranusbluedanger1;196570 said:
I feel so bad... I didn't even think about Michael. Please don't kill me you guys...

But if you have seen the news some days ago, there was a terrible Earthquake that hit the Ica area of Peru, and also gave the capital, Lima, quite a scare. 1/4 of the buildings were destroyed, a lot of people have died, and there's plenty of need for help--monetary help. And, it is my country, even if I live in the US... and since I used to be a volunteer for the D.C. consulate, I've been raising money and sending it... On his birthday I was raising money to send that same day, and then I dropped off some books I was donating to the library, and I... guess I was too excited with the invitation from Yale to their info session.

So that's how I spent it. Doing charity, volunteering, and, crying to my friends over how I could never get into Yale, and even if I could, I could never afford it as I collected blankets, money, clothes, and gave up my books.

Good for you. :) Very noble of you. Volunteerism feels so good, even in tough times. So sorry about Yale! All things happen for a reason, so maybe it's for the best? And it's fine not to think of Michael---Like I said in my post above yours, it's all about perspective and so yes. There are more important things in this world than him. It's not about being a sub par fan or being insensitive. It's about doing what's best for you.

HeavenSent;196610 said:
Good for you. :) Very noble of you. Volunteerism feels so good, even in tough times. So sorry about Yale! All things happen for a reason, so maybe it's for the best? And it's fine not to think of Michael---Like I said in my post above yours, it's all about perspective and so yes. There are more important things in this world than him. It's not about being a sub par fan or being insensitive. It's about doing what's best for you.
Thanks... volunteering is like my life lately, and I've loved it since I was little. I only wish I could travel... but I have school, and my dad already told my mom not to let me travel there until December when things cool down more.
As for Yale--I can get in, I think... it'd just be stressful paying for it. But, I dunno. I have two years, and I'm pretty good at winning things like scholarships and summer programs, so maybe if I plan it reaaaaally well I can earn most of it off :p... if not: a strong school it is and Yale for graduate!