Debate with teacher

mj_kougra

I was talking to my teacher recently, and somehow Michael popped up in there. Upon asking him what he thought of the case, he said he thought Michael was guilty. When I fought back with all the evidence against the accuser that Mike was innocent, my teacher had said something to the effect of "there may have been many other kids who just haven't come forward, we'll never know."

In a more recent conversation he said "the prosecution needs to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is guilty, and as of yet they have not done so." So I asked him why he thought Michael was guilty. His response?

"It's just a gut feeling."

And that is why a lot of people have f**ked up opinions of MJ. Because the media shoves that freakish image down thier throats, forces people to judge someone they haven't even met or really looked into at all, and thus develops these 'gut feelings.' (This teacher just recently was in a bad article so he told me about the sting he felt with bad press, and he understands a bit better now....some people just need a swift kick in the arse to get it, eh?)

"I wouldn't trust my 12 year old son with him."

I'm going to shut up now for fear that he may actually have sifted through this site (I told him to look at some of the articles here), but what do you think of this?

(note: He is not another Diane Dimond Dearest who isnt really all that bright, and I know he seems uneducated what with what I wrote of him but he's not....he's just a hater, and you know them...)

floetic_justice

A gut feeling to be an idiot?

And that is why a lot of people have f**ked up opinions of MJ. Because the media shoves that freakish image down thier throats, forces people to judge someone they haven't even met or really looked into at all, and thus develops these 'gut feelings.' (This teacher just recently was in a bad article so he told me about the sting he felt with bad press, and he understands a bit better now....some people just need a swift kick in the arse to get it, eh?)
That's good.

privacy

When I fought back with all the evidence against the accuser that Mike was innocent, my teacher had said something to the effect of "there may have been many other kids who just haven't come forward, we'll never know."

Oh man how I hate it when they say that. If they're in that mind-set that there are hundreds of children around the world that haven't come forward, then I just give up trying to convince them.

I just tell them to wait and see :)

coco

that's excellent !
even teachers can be uneducated, that's a fact...
news media are really a poison to the society... that's amazing...

floacist

Fighting with teachers gets you nowhere and I would know I got myself into a nice pile of trouble when I was in high school. Just ignore them because I have learned its pointless to fight with someone ignorant because no matter what their mind isnt open to hearing facts or evidence but what has been put into their tiny ass brain.

Saphster

Regardless, of how much proof we do have that he's innocent people will always have their own judgment, and opinions. It's human nature. But, he should be a little open minded to the fact that a person who is going through court, and still has not received anything from the jury, is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

Plus, we all know he's innocent anyways, so don't wory about your stank ass teacher's opinions....

Savannah

Thats everyone's excuse when the facts prove them wrong. "Um..I just have a feeling"
You have a feeling or you just cant stand Michael. Lets be real folks. You dont like him and you know why you dont but to make sure you dont look like a complete ass you pull the whole "gut feeling" bullshit.

I cant stand when people pull that crap about Michael.

MJPowerOfLove

well.. i got feeling that your teacher is completely idiot.
someone, who love to hate something without reason.
his mind was manipulated by media & tabloids. and he even didn't noticed it.
does he met MJ personally? what he know about MJ?

*sigh*
don't hide the truth ;)
babe, wait till you finish your school & then say to your teacher ALL what you think about him :laugh

Originally posted by MJPowerOfLove
well.. i got feeling that your teacher is completely idiot.
someone, who love to hate something without reason.
his mind was manipulated by media & tabloids. and he even didn't noticed it.
does he met MJ personally? what he know about MJ?

Beautifully said Yul.:thumbsup

mj_kougra

Aw, don't be mean. He's the nicest guy you'd ever hope to meet and one of the smartest people I've met. But, being a Social Studies teacher , has he a choice but to pay attention to the media? I dont wanna seem like I'm goin back on my word or anything but easy on the insults, ok? I'm sure he's realized his mistake by now.... he still thinks MJ's guilty of course but he's very open minded in that "Well, we'll just wait and see" kinda way. I do agree with you though that "it's a gut feeling" is just a response to "you proved me wrong with facts."

abbymjgirl

Originally posted by mj_kougra
my teacher had said something to the effect of "there may have been many other kids who just haven't come forward, we'll never know."
Yes we will. He WILL be vindicated!!

Originally posted by mj_kougra
In a more recent conversation he said "the prosecution needs to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is guilty, and as of yet they have not done so." So I asked him why he thought Michael was guilty. His response?

"It's just a gut feeling."
That's not a reason! :cryptic

Originally posted by m_kougra
If I knew Michael personally and trusted him, why not? Like he said himself in the MB interview! I would, if I knew him! Actually, I, myself, would sleep w/ him!! LOL

Well, I have teachers who think that he is guilty and that he will be exonerated but still molested Gavin. And I have 2 say that my teachers are very cool and intelligent, so I feel the same way you do, about the insults...but, when it comes to Michael...I gots 2 defend my man!!! :bustbubbl Know wat I mean? Ok.

(IF NE TEACHERS OF MINE READ THIS: REMEMBER THAT I RESPECT YOU ALL! :thumbsup )

maintenant

Originally posted by Albamelia

Well, I have teachers who think that he is guilty and that he will be exonerated but still molested Gavin. And I have 2 say that my teachers are very cool and intelligent, so I feel the same way you do, about the insults...but, when it comes to Michael...I gots 2 defend my man!!! :bustbubbl Know wat I mean? Ok.

(IF NE TEACHERS OF MINE READ THIS: REMEMBER THAT I RESPECT YOU ALL! :thumbsup )

It's kind of bizarre that your TEACHERS feel that Michael is guilty...teachers are especially vulnerable to false accusations and their lives can be ruined in an instant (and they're not going to be hiring any Tom Mesereau for their defense, either). Next time you have a discussion of the issue with them, you might want to ask them how they would feel if one of their students accused them of sexual molestion (there's a movie coming out this summer about that very thing...two girls plot to accuse an innocent teacher). How would your teachers feel if people simply believed the accusers against them because what is "in their gut" is that if kids say it happened, then it probably did? Ah, suddenly the shoe's on the other foot and they won't be quite so smug about this very serious issue.

MrsBigE

Personally I think those that give a blanket answer such as "It's just a gut feeling" when asked to explain why they think MJ is guilty either

1. Are not following the case
2. Have already judged him, set their opinion, and could care less what the jury finds.
3. Are ignorant.
4. Are bonafide haters.
5. Are all of the above.

Just my honest opinion.

MrsBigE

Originally posted by maintenant
It's kind of bizarre that your TEACHERS feel that Michael is guilty...teachers are especially vulnerable to false accusations and their lives can be ruined in an instant (and they're not going to be hiring any Tom Mesereau for their defense, either). Next time you have a discussion of the issue with them, you might want to ask them how they would feel if one of their students accused them of sexual molestion (there's a movie coming out this summer about that very thing...two girls plot to accuse an innocent teacher). How would your teachers feel if people simply believed the accusers against them because what is "in their gut" is that if kids say it happened, then it probably did? Ah, suddenly the shoe's on the other foot and they won't be quite so smug about this very serious issue.

GREAT point!!!!! :thumbsup

MrsBigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_kougra

If I'd met Michael and we'd gotten to know each other well, I'd trust myself, my kids (at ANY age), and my cats with him!