STICKY Fans please remain strong and ALIVE for Michael Jackson

HeavenSent

...And if you can view the video, please do so as well.

This is the Rev. Jesse Jackson reaching out to those fans who have committed suicides as a result of Michael's passing. There may be some on this board, either active or lurking who may be in a dark dark place. Please know that there is always light. And if any of us knows someone in despair, please dont take it for granted that they will come out of it, do everything within your power to lift that person up. Like Joseph Jackson said in this statement today, we all must carry on. Michael needs us to keep his legacy alive.

Hopefully whisper can pin this.

Video:

Text:

Raffles van Exel: On June 25, 2009 I lost not only my friend, I lost a mentor, a brother, a genius. The King of Pop. Rev. Jackson, How are you sir?

(Rev. Jesse Jackson comes out, shakes Raffles van Exel's hand)

Raffles van Exel: It seems like we always meet in certain circumstances. As I told you over the phone, in the last several hours, 7 fans of Michael's have committed suicide (I have given all the information to Sally) We were trying to see if you are able to give them a message of hope and encouragement and to stop what they're doing because this is not a time of mourning, this is basically a time for them of celebration.

Rev. Jesse Jackson: This is a time, while our hearts are heavy, there's great pain, great loss, we celebrate Michael's LIFE. And we celebrate his life by creating - futures not funerals. Futures not funerals. To make Michael happy, maintain his sense of dignity, sense of decency. To make Michael happy, sing "We Are The World" don't self destruct, don't give up nor surrender. We fall down sometime, but we get back up again - and again and again. Because the right thing to do (and nothing is too hard for God) in Michael's name is to live together as brothers and sisters, and not die apart as fools. Through all of this, keep your hope alive.

Raffles van Exel: Rev.Jackson, Thanks very much. Have a safe flight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cristine87

People are actually killing themselves? What would happen if we all killed ourselves? Who would be around to carry on MJ's legacy? We have to be here on Earth to keep his memory and music alive! I know it hurts. I'm still so sad, I'm almost numb. I still can't believe he's gone. I remember I got a call from a friend in Phoenix and he told me. I couldn't believe it. I googled it and it said "Michael Jackson Rushed to the hospital in coma". I stopped breathing and ran to the TV to find news on it. A few minutes later they comfirmed his passing on BET. All I could do was collapse to the floor and cry hysterically! I've been so depressed ever since, but I also realize that MJ is gone and nobody can bring him back and now this is where our job comes in. Our job is to make sure he isn't forgotten. Our job is to make sure people don't remember him as a freakish pedophile like the press has portrayed him to be, but as a genius, a legend, a philanthropist and a master of the art form. My children will know MJ, they will know his music and his genius and so will my grandchildren. Michael's memory must live like Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe. His music, his style, and his artistry live on in us!

SexyChica

Thanks for posting this Carla.

As much pain as we are all in at the moment over the passing of such a magnificant man we would do ourselves an injustice by mistaking our grief as a reason to take our own life. I pray for the souls of those who felt there was no other way to handle their grief over our beloved Michael's passing by taking their own life. And to those fans that are in dispair believe that God does not put on us more than we can handle. We as humans sometimes forget this and succumb to our trials. I am still trying to handle my own grief, but I know it's not my time to go. God did not put this wonderful man into our lives so we would take our own when he called his angel back home. We must remember even though we want him to still be here on Earth with us preparing for London, God had other plans.

I continue to this day shedding tears (and many more will be coming until my soul starts to heal, while never forgeting), but I know I have not allowed myself to completely grieve over this profound void I feel not only in my heart, but in the depths of my soul. We have to find a way to grieve, not succumb to this horrendous, earth-shattering pain. In dealing with my pain I have started a journal to express my grief.

We are now the image and the voice of Michael's legacy. We are the ones that need to make sure the world comprehends that no matter what caused Michael's death (drugs or whatever) he was greater than his vices and the lies circling him in life and now in death.

Like Michael said, "Keep the Faith" we all have to lean on each other in this time of bereavement. We will make it through this difficult time.

*Sorry I got quite personal it's just my family and friends like Michael's music, but they weren't fans like I and I haven't been able to express my grief to anyone, but only to internalize it. Don't have any shoulder to cry on and understand why it hurts so damn much. God, I feel like I lost one of my own relatives.

Saphster

Today at work a "How do I live now? What do i live for now?" thought crossed my mind. It's going to be tough but I know I have a lot to live for...

Badine

This cant be happening.... This is not what Michael would have wanted. Fans, know how much unconditional love Michael has for us. Any self destruction would break his heart. Michael still needs us and we will make sure that his spirit never dies. Michael is watching over us. Chandler has admitted that he lied. People are learning the truth. We knew the truth all along about MJs innocence but the rest of the world will know the truth too. Lets spend the rest of our lives making Michael proud.

whats really strange is I was holding my MJ doll with a sinking feeling in my heart which is the moment that had gone into a coma. Nothing was on the news yet because it had just happened. I went to the movies with my dad after holding the doll and turned my phone off in the movies. When the movie was over and I turned my phone on I had a text message from my best friend telling me what happened.

HeavenSent

Badine;211216 said:
whats really strange is I was holding my MJ doll with a sinking feeling in my heart which is the moment that had gone into a coma. Nothing was on the news yet because it had just happened. I went to the movies with my dad after holding the doll and turned my phone off in the movies. When the movie was over and I turned my phone on and had a text message from my best friend telling me what happened.

A couple of other members have shared similar experiences, Badine. I happen to be someone who believes in forces outside of our realm. I occasionally experience an episode where I feel in my gut that something is about to take place. Harmless stuff though. Nothing ever so unspeakable as a death so I am in quiet awe at those who can speak to stuff like this. Wow. Just wow.

Kepola, Saph, Cristine and Badine, your words do mean alot because i know there is someone--a guest, a lurker--who needs to see that they're not alone. Nothing at all can be gained if we undo all that Michael stood for so it definitely should be our job to carry his torch.

oldschoolfan

I always used to think Michael would live until his 80's or something because he was so healthy, but I think maybe it was the night before he died, I suddenly had this feeling he wasn't going to live that long anymore. It doesnt suprise me one bit that fans are topping themselves, it is SUCH a hard time, but there are ways to deal, even though it will never stop hurting. You cant end pain by bringing more.

Saphster

Badine;211216 said:
Chandler has admitted that he lied. People are learning the truth.

Yeah. 16 YEARS LATER. It's kinda f_cking late for that now. That ****. He could've been helped Michael if he wanted to. After he turned 18 he shouldve said the truth.

Saphster

oldschoolfan;211240 said:
Did he REALLY admit he lied?! TRULY?!

There's no official news site announcing it. (They would never announce something like that.) But, there are a few sites with it, but I'm not completely sure they are reliable sites. Just go to google and type in 'jordan chandler speaks out' and a few things should come up. That's how I found them.

oldschoolfan

Amy MAD!!! If this is true let me just say I KNEW this would happen. I knew once he was gone everyone would find out the truth. It is a bit late, but at least the truth would come foward. Lets just pray he really did admit it.

Pirate.

Badine;211216 said:
This cant be happening.... This is not what Michael would have wanted. Fans, know how much unconditional love Michael has for us. Any self destruction would break his heart.

That's pretty much the only thing that kept me alive. I thought about it, and came to the conclusion that it would be a disgrace to Michael's name to do such a thing. He would have been devastated to find out something like this.

A friend of mine sent me a text saying that it was up to fans to keep his legacy alive, and that really struck me.

I did some body art to cope. His MJ symbol is emblazoned on my left forearm and his portrait will soon grace my right. Many people use this for closure. Very therapeutic....

Saphster

Pirate- I'm thinking of getting a MJ tat on me too. Maybe just the MJ symbol on my back or something.

But I think I'll get my future husband's name first.....just to be respectful..:lol

oldschoolfan

Saphster;211255 said:
Pirate- I'm thinking of getting a MJ tat on me too. Maybe just the MJ symbol on my back or something.

But I think I'll get my future husband's name first.....just to be respectful..:lol

I am thinking of getting one too! I was going to get it either on my wrist or the back of my neck. I want it to be a nice one though.

QuietSoul

I would never take my own life, for various reason. However, life isn't the same now. I see the world in a totally different light; everything feels slower. And I will be honest, I have thought, 'What's the point?' 'What is there to live FOR?'

But I have told myself.... I will never let Michael go. He will live in me forever. When I feel the warmth of the sun or hear the birds sing; smell the freshly cut grass or hear a beautiful melody, I will savor it, then send it to Michael. Though he is at peace in a much better place with more than this world could give him, everything I do will be in his memory because he is everything to me.

A

Anonymous

I know my life will never be the same... never...
on this three days i've changed... it's life before.... and life after...
i'm fan since 10 year old... now i'am 27 ... 17 years...
... first couple hours, i could not even cry.. shoked... ... confused...
but wierd thing is that fellings of childhood rushed back to mee... i do not know why... for sure , i'am i new person now...

Pirate.

Ksusha;211275 said:
I know my life will never be the same... never...
on this three days i've changed... it's life before.... and life after...
i'm fan since 10 year old... now i'am 27 ... 17 years...
... first couple hours, i could not even cry.. shoked... ... confused...
but wierd thing is that fellings of childhood rushed back to mee... i do not know why... for sure , i'am i new person now...

Yeah, that's how I feel too. I've been a fan since 3. I have NEVER known not being a fan, not having him to look up to, not having his music, message and inspiration. I sobbed hard as soon as I saw those awful words on the television screen. But then, later, I wasn't crying...I almost feel guilty for not feeling worse. I have periods of being okay, then awful periods of tears. I'm still in denial. Even as I'm writing this I'm thinking "how can this be real?"

Did we forget he was human?