Father killed a man because of false molestation allegation

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Do you all remember that guy who killed his neighbor because he thought the guy molested his daughter? Well guess what? The police found out he didn't molest that guy's daughter after all. So the daddy killed that guy for nothing

Police: Girl Not Molested in Conn. Case

By JOHN CHRISTOFFERSEN Associated Press Writer

(AP) - NEW HAVEN, Conn.-Police have concluded that a 2-year-old girl was not molested by a neighbor whom the girl's father is accused of stabbing to death in rage, a police official told The Associated Press Thursday.

Jonathon Edington, a 29-year-old attorney from Fairfield, is charged with killing Barry James on Aug. 28 after his wife told him their daughter had indicated James touched her inappropriately "in the starry night," police said.

Edington pleaded not guilty last week.

"We're confident this 2-year-old was not molested," said Capt. Gary MacNamara. "We are confident in our investigation that Mr. Edington did in fact kill Mr. James. We are as confident in our investigation that Mr. James did not molest the Edingtons' daughter."

MacNamara confirmed that investigators interviewed the girl but declined to release further details.

MacNamara also would not comment on whether the girl's mother would be charged. A molestation complaint was filed against James shortly after he was killed.

A telephone message left Thursday for Edington's attorney, Andrew Bowman, was not returned.

"The family of Barry James is adamant that Barry James was not a child molester, would never have harmed that child," Richard Meehan, the family's attorney, said Tuesday. "We fully anticipated and expected there would be nothing to corroborate this. I believe the complaint is untrue."

According to a police report describing the mother's account, the girl told her mother about the alleged molestation while the family was visiting relatives in Rhode Island.

The girl "explained that she did not want to go home because of Barry," police said in the report. When her mother asked her to explain, the girl said "that Barry puts it on her belly and her nose," the report said. When her mother asked her when James does this, she replied, "He comes to me in the starry nights."

Police say that after Edington's wife told him what their daughter said, Edington climbed through James' bedroom window and repeatedly stabbed him.

source: http://news.corporatecounselcentre.ca/ap/o/632/10-19-2006/c5500011506752fe.html

This is the danger of false allegations. :uh_uh:

mysteriousone

Oh lord, that's terrible! :( It's the very reason why one shouldn't take the law into their own hands!! However, what did the little girl mean by "he comes to me in the starry nights?" Night time? Dreams? Before the father did anything him and his wife should have looked further into the "starry nights" comment! Maybe they did, and still thought their neighbour was guilty! :idontknow You have to wonder where she got the "he puts it on her belly and nose" from too, because very rarely do children as young as two come up with idea's like that unless there's something sinster going on! It's quite possible she's been molested, but by whom :idontknow Rather sad case!:(

Mysti!

Saphster

mysteriousone said:
Oh lord, that's terrible! :( It's the very reason why one shouldn't take the law into their own hands!! However, what did the little girl mean by "he comes to me in the starry nights?" Night time? Dreams? Before the father did anything him and his wife should have looked further into the "starry nights" comment! Maybe they did, and still thought their neighbour was guilty! :idontknow You have to wonder where she got the "he puts it on her belly and nose" from too, because very rarely do children as young as two come up with idea's like that unless there's something sinster going on! It's quite possible she's been molested, but by whom :idontknow Rather sad case!:(

Mysti!
Yeah, I know what you mean. It is sad. I thought to myself how can a little child thinks up of words like these....but then again it is possible.:idontknow

In this case you can't really tell what really went down. Authorities may not know everything.:(

molly_nicole_16

My aunt had a day care and a girl there had a crush on my cousin who was a teenager at the time and she wrote him a love letter and then accused him of sexually assalting her. Which I know my cousin would NEVER do somethng like that. My aunt basically lost her business because no one except one little girl kept going to my aunts house for daycare.