Hi to anyone that remembers me

JANIE

I just wanted to say hi to anyone that remembers me.

I'm so sorry I couldn't be here before now. When I heard of Michael's death there was only one place I could have come during those first really dark days; but I've had no internet for the last two months - in fact the pc has been very sickly with very limited net access since Xmas - I got infected with a really nasty bug (18 of them to be exact). 3 of my IT friends had attempted to fix it only to have the problem resurface within a week. It wasn't until a complete re-build that I was able to get back on the net.

Michael's death was a terrible shock for me; as I'm sure it was for you all too. I had a headache that night and went to bed early, and got up late for work. All in my rush, I never even switched on the tv. It wasn't until I dashed out to my car that I heard. I got half-way down our little street and the radio presenter announced they were having an hour of Michael Jackson songs. My first thought was "Wow, its not even July yet," because of course I thought it was associated with the upcoming concerts. Then they said it was a tribute. Literally as the confusion was rambling through my mind,"Tribute is a funny word to use; thats the sort of thing they say when someone's died," the guy said, "Obviously this is in response to the breaking news this morning about the death of Michael Jackson." My immediate reaction, out of pure shock, was to slam on my brakes. I skidded to a halt, and just remember sitting in absolute horror, like I was frozen, gripping the steering wheel for dear life. Of course, then I burst into tears, and I was a right mess by the time I arrived at work.

I had hoped the Memorial would help me reach a little closure; and that afterwards maybe I could see video or hear Michael and not feel so terribly sad. The Memorial was especially difficult to watch, but I had to do something. I had to try and say goodbye to Michael, and the memorial was my only chance.

I was at a friends house this week, all my girlfriends were there. The TV was on MTV whilst we sat around and chatted. Billie Jean came on and they all looked at me anxiously, and our host reached for the remote. Then I remembered that first week, I couldn't hear or see Michael, because it was just too upsetting. I guess I'm starting to come out the other side now; although if I hear Will You Be There or You Are Not Alone I'm in floods of tears. Now I can see Michael and smile, and I always tell him in my heart that I love him. It was around this time that I would have been seeing Michael again at the O2. I'm trying not to think too much about that.

Those of you that know me well know what a huge influence Michael was in my life. Michael was one of my earliest memories, and he has been in my life since I was a 2 year-old. I loved him for 34 years straight; having Michael in my life has given me moments of inexplicable joy; lifted my soul and comforted me when I needed him, made me laugh like a loon, and there have also been some very sad times. But I will always love him.

I know there is some stuff in the press that is pretty horrific and it makes me very angry too. I comfort myself by telling myself that Michael would have been very moved, by the reaction to his death, and how it must be helping his family to see how much Michael was loved and by how many. If I chose to be angry that he wasn't shown this love whilst he was here, I could be. But Michael has won accolades and tributes and has shot back to the top, which is where he deserves to be and belongs; and I think Michael would be pretty satisfied with that.

I'm truly sorry I wasn't here to support you all, and grieve with you.

HeavenSent

Hello Janie, my dearest friend, it is so good to hear from you. I thought about you and wondered if everything was okay because I knew how loyal and enamored you were to Michael, as we all were. It is a very surreal thing for us to deal with and it's absolutely a crushing blow to many of our lives because Michael meant that much not only to the world of music, of course, but to the world, period. We are truly missing an angel. Bittersweet how he is such the legendary musician all of a sudden when in life, he was often persecuted.

For me personally, it was like losing a family member. That's how empty it felt. Being here on MJEOL has definitely helped me to get thru. With that said, there's no need to apologize for not being here. Through no fault of your own, there's no way we could hold that against you. I'm just glad that you are okay (in relative terms) and that you are able to express your honest and frank feelings.

I hope you check in often and continue to be there for Michael; I think now we owe it to his children and to his legacy to keep his spirit alive. But I wouldn't try and do too much, only what CAN be done in a way that is healthy and beneficial to your wellbeing. Many times people feel that have to put on a facade of strength when in reality, they are still weak and hurting. Regardless of where you are emotionally, I know Michael is smiling at all the love and appreciates the uprising. In the meantime, I'm there if you ever need me!

Love Carla

miss

Hey JANIE

I'm so happy to see you here again.. I was thinking about you when this whole nightmare began.. I was wondering if it was too difficult for you to sign in the forum..
I'm glad to hear you're ok.
I still can't accept that he's gone.. I just can't.. each time I think about it I shake my head and say it can't be, it shouldn't be.. too unfair
I was with my freinds that horrible night.. we were planning our trip to London.. how ironic ha? we were making plans and God obviously had totaly diffrent ones..

I can't listen to his music or watch his videos it's too sad.. I still can't take it..

very nice to hear from you again

DirtyDiana87

Hi Janie,

I don't know if you know me but, I'm Heather. Your blend is so sexy and so true!! A friend made me save it hope that is okay? She and I have the biggest crush on Michael even though I feel it was way more than that! I couldn't find the right words to discribe how I feel.

JANIE

Hi guys;
Firstly re the blend; it was done for me by someone here; it's bueatiful, isn't it? The idea for it and the words were mine. Of course it's alright for you to save it.

Carla and Missy; to be truthful even if I had been able to get on the net, I don't think I could have come here those first few days. You're right in what you say Carla, Michael's death has been like losing a family member. In truth, I haven't felt that bad since I lost my mother and grandmother, even though I have lost friends since. Through his music Michael touched my soul in places nobody else has. When I listen to Will You Be There, it's almost like I share something with Michael that I don't share with anyone else; it's a very private, spiritual thing. I truly believe that some of Michael's music is written from a place within him that lets you in if you understand it; and you know and feel Michael in the music. It's difficult to explain; but it sure is a gift the man had.

And Michael will always be there. Michael will never leave me, or you, or anyone that loves him.

I was surprised yesterday, because someone had said in a post that they thought Michael would be an old, old man before he died. I never believed that. Aside from the health issues Michael had, I've always known that sooner or later, Michael would be gone. People like Michael are gifts.

HeavenSent

JANIE;216542 said:
I was surprised yesterday, because someone had said in a post that they thought Michael would be an old, old man before he died. I never believed that. Aside from the health issues Michael had, I've always known that sooner or later, Michael would be gone. People like Michael are gifts.

I thought that Michael would live to be a bit older. But the legends always die young and unexpectedly it seems. One of the glaring things I regret not seeing is him being happily married again. I didnt even care about him making albums or touring. The prospect of rounding out his family not being realized always makes my heart ache.

DirtyDiana87

JANIE;216542 said:
Hi guys;
Firstly re the blend; it was done for me by someone here; it's bueatiful, isn't it? The idea for it and the words were mine. Of course it's alright for you to save it.

Thank you! :)

Shannon

Hi, J. I was in London a month ago and thought of you, wondered how you were doing. Good to see you again. :D

Shannon

JANIE;216652 said:
Hey Ronnie; you were in London!?!?
I'm fine hun :)
You?

Yeah, I am better now. I was in London for 5 days, I was supposed to go to his second show. It was the saddest and at the same the best trip ever. I LOVE London, especially the people. I felt so complete there.

JANIE

I like London too. I'm fortunate, it's 40 minutes on a train from where I live. I don't visit often but when I do I enjoy it.

I had the hardest time getting tickets for Michael; I spent five hours on the pc the day the promo pre-sale started, and another five hours on the day the general sale started - and ticketmaster just timed out each time. My pc was barely running on the net at the time which probably had alot to do with it - it was the first time I'd been online for weeks but I had to try. A colleague of mine was trying at her house at the same time, and she had the same problems I did. We were sending frantic sms messages back and forth between us as we both tried to get tickets - Neither of us got a single one. It was so frustrating. I'd resorted to Ebay in the end; I was hoping to make 2-3 shows. I was waiting until the shows began, because the touts were selling them for hundreds and hundreds pre-opening. I'm just glad I hadn't paid anything out. I know people over here that have spent thousands on tickets via ebay and haven't got all their money back. I reckon Michael would've freaked at the whole "you can keep your ticket or get a refund" thing, too. That was ripping the fans off big time.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to London; even though I know it wasn't what you hoped for. Weather's been pretty hot over here - makes a change!