How will you cope when \'that\' approaches?

Saphster

I call it the 'dark' day. It really has been a dark year but I'm trying to stay positive here. So I will just refer to June 25 as the dark day because the world...my world will seem less bright. That extra glimmer is gone.

Some days I can stay busy and not focus on it so much but it's coming and I can't avoid it. I bought the This Is It DVD LAST year and still have not watched it. I barely opened the packaging. It's still in the same spot that I put it since I bought it. I haven't had enough courage to watch it. Even though I watched our Michael on the big screen. Can you believe it? Michael was on the big screen! Not the way he, you or I would have imagined but still..I get mad because I feel like it was all planned some sort of way. A lot of profit was made from that 'film'.

I think I will go to the riverside that day and just sit and look at the water and think about Michael all day and all of the beautiful things he did for this ungrateful world. Being around nature makes me feel closer to Michael because it seemed like he was happy around nature. He did say he loved and respected this planet. When I feel breeze it's almost as if his spirit is part of the breeze....I know. I sound loony but I feel that way. Anyway how will you cope with that day coming and what will you do on that day?

Teva

Well I am not doing too good right now, so I have no idea what shape I will be on on 25/06/2010. For some unbeknownst reason recently I cannot listen to his music although I could before. I'll probaly have a glass of Baileys Irish Cream, and listen to Sarah McLachlan sing Angel.

In the arms of an angel
Fly away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there

I've been thinking about it too, how will i spend 25 June 2010. Just thinking about it brings me lot of sadness. Honestly, i still don't know...miss him more each day :(

LittleSusie50

Not really sure at this point.
It has been on my mind lately.
I know that the date will be burned into my brain until its time for me to meet my maker.
We've all jumped a few hurdles this past year over this.
The Memorial.
The Funeral.
Going to see 'This Is It' alone in the movie theater, although I broke down terribly when I got home.
Having the courage to watch the DVD at home alone. It wasn't as bad as I thought.
I know you all know what I am talking about, because you have been doing the same thing.
All these stupid people coming out saying disrespecful things. We just keeping stepping over and around all the drama that surrounds Michael, even in death.
I was listening to him the other day, and I started thinking to myself that when I used to get down in the dumps, he was the only one who could bring me out (before I found prayer, of course).
Even now, he is still helping me get through his passing. Its crazy and beautiful at the same time.
I don't know if that makes sense or not. Its been a while since I had to really revisit that memory.
Maybe I won't do anything. I know I don't wanna spend the day being sad. Lord knows I have cried enough tears to
sink the Titanic. Maybe I'll have an MJ Marathon. Maybe it will hurt too much. I don't know.
I'll miss him forever. :respect :crying :idontknow

OneMoreChance

I wish i could spend it with all my MJ fam, but since they span the globe I don't think this is feasible! I haven't really decided yet what I am going to do.

BTW Teva, I love "Angel"! I listened to that song quite often since Michael passed.

MJ.L.O.V.E

I'm really not sure. Probably spend that day to myself, go to French Lake and sit by the water side with some moscato (wine) and listen to the sound of Mikes beautiful voice through my system in my car. I willl try not to cry even though it will be hard. I know I wont want to be around many people because my heart still hurts about the whole thing and I dont think any of my friends will understand how I will be feeling. None of them are as big as of fan as I am. My puppy will be my only companion that day when I go to the lake lol.
Reminicising is the only thing I want to be doing. Thinking about all the good times that I had when I first became a fan and how I influenced many people into seeing the good and compassion that Mike had and not what they saw from tabloids and allegations from previous trials etc.
Yep I think thats what I'll do.

Damn I miss him so much :crying

privacy

I'm not sure what to do on that day. I have plans with non-MJ fans in the evening so I can't light a candle like I'd usually do (for birthdays etc) but I do have the day free.
I'm tempted to go up to London and walk around The Dorchester and Madame Tussauds where I saw him what seems like many years ago. Just have a wander and try to feel thankful that I 'knew' him.. rather than sad that he's gone.

Oh, idk.. I am sad and worried for my family member and I am still mising Mike and June 25th will forever etched in our hearts.. :(

I wanted to request off for the 24th and 25th and just stay at home and idk what else will I do... I hate the year 2009..

MJ.L.O.V.E

[quote name="sunshine.larrazabal"]Oh, idk.. I am sad and worried for my family member and I am still mising Mike and June 25th will forever etched in our hearts.. :(

I wanted to request off for the 24th and 25th and just stay at home and idk what else will I do... I hate the year 2009..[/quote]

Agree and not just for MJ but for other things too that added on making that year the worst. :(

LittleSusie50

Its starting to hit me pretty hard since Gary Coleman passed.
Then I saw Janet Jackson's video for Why Did I Get Married Too and I just burst out crying.
I feel so stupid crying over someone I did not know personally.
I also feel selfish, worrying about how I'm gonna deal when its definitely worse for his family and children when that dates rolls around later this month.
I will NEVER EVER EVER let myself get caught up like this over anyone again.
The pain is just too much too handle.
I wish I could just leave the planet as that date approaches.
:pacify :pacify :pacify :shutup :shutup :shutup :boohoo :boohoo :hypo

Cristine87

[quote name="LittleSusie50"]
I wish I could just leave the planet as that date approaches.
:pacify :pacify :pacify :shutup :shutup :shutup :boohoo :boohoo :hypo[/quote]
God, me too! :crying

Saphster

[quote name="sunshine.larrazabal"]I wanted to request off for the 24th and 25th and just stay at home and idk what else will I do... I hate the year 2009..[/quote]

I wanted to request off from work too! But some girl at work is having her baby around that time and I have to fill in for her.... :-\

I'm sure I'll just try to stay away from the damned TV and radio. Cause we ALL know the bastards will just be playing Mike OVER AND OVER again like his music has been gone for years and years when it was always there behind everyone's shoulder waiting to be accepted this whole time.

Teva

[quote name="happychick"]awww man you don't know how i feel, june 25th is my bday[/quote]

Happy Birthday in advance! I guess.

It was your birthday before it was Mike's ----day, so enjoy and make the most of it.

Saphster

[quote name="happychick"]awww man you don't know how i feel, june 25th is my bday[/quote]
Aww man! Must suck. :-[

MJ.L.O.V.E

Girl enjoy your birthday! Make it a celebration of life both for you and MJ. Go out and party with some friends have some drinks and live it up! Just put the day in a whole other prospective :blush

Teva

I really hope the television stations show some respect on 25/06/10, and not air Living With Michael Jackson that is what I hope.

Cristine87

[quote name="Teva"]I really hope the television stations show some respect on 25/06/10, and not air Living With Michael Jackson that is what I hope.[/quote]
Girl, when does the press ever show respect? I'm not even holding my breath. I was at CVS today and saw the cover of Vanity Fair and there was some story in there about the making of Thriller. Of course I flipped it open and I rolled my eyes while I was skimming through it. Pretty much, they wrote about how even then, Michael was obviously disturbed and mentally damaged by his life under the spotlight and that he was always paranoid and insecure. Y'know the same tired image they try to portray of him: the disturbed man-boy who became so consumed by fame and a difficult childhood that he became out of touch with reality and...oh yeah, he didn't seem interested in girls too much either, since he didn't screw Olin Ray on sight!

LittleSusie50

I'm having a harder and harder time with this as the date approaches.
To top things off, they are laying off people at my job.
The crazy part is I don't even care. Too preoccupied with 6-25-10. Isn't that sad?
I was buying a lottery ticket the other day. The jackpot was 260 million.
I kept thinking of how happy and secure I would be if I won.
Then I realized that the money wouldn't make me happy, and I would give it all back just to have him alive again.
Not with me, just back with his family and children.
Back to the time when we would talk about him in present tense on this board.
Back to the time when I would hope he would pop up unexpectedly on some awards show.
I would rather lose my job than have to live with the fact that he is never coming back.
I wish I could turn these thoughts off, that I didn't feel this way, but I do.
Maybe when the date passes, I'll be back to normal.
Whatever that is... :help :crying :chained

Teva

[quote name="LittleSusie50"]To top things off, they are laying off people at my job.
The crazy part is I don't even care. Too preoccupied with 6-25-10. Isn't that sad?[/quote]

I recently lost my job, so I know how you feel. However, the company had a change of heart after a few days and re-hire me. Being unemployed was awful so I sympathize.