In The Mind Of A Woman

Just_Peachy

Typically, what a woman says she wants or needs or feels or thinks... isn't always what she says it is. -That's something that men have come to realize. So, along with one of my room mates (whom is female), I decided to write a "book" about what women really are. I'll update this tomorrow... but just giving everyone a foresight about what is to come, I've posted the "books" here in order:

"Female Adolescent/Pre-Teen."

"Female Teenagers"

"Females on Dating"

"Females on Relationships"

"Females on Sexual Relations"

"Females on Marriage"

"Females on Families"

"Females on Divorce"

"Females on Second Marriages"

"Females on Life"

*Please, feel free to comment on what you like/dislike.. or think needs improvement and so on. Also, add your wants, needs, feels or thinks to either of these.*

*This will be based on one chapter at a time, so please, keep checking back! Also, for further understanding of what I am about to write about, here is an example:

A man asks a woman- "What's wrong?"
The woman replies- "Nothing."

Earth to the man! "Nothing," coming from a woman means, there really is something wrong!* :lol

My husband came up with this concept, and I decided to share it with you all. I hope I am accurate in making these posts in the future! Stay tuned! *

Just_Peachy;205872 said:
Typically, what a woman says she wants or needs or feels or thinks... isn't always what she says it is. -That's something that men have come to realize. So, along with one of my room mates (whom is female), I decided to write a "book" about what women really are. I'll update this tomorrow... but just giving everyone a foresight about what is to come, I've posted the "books" here in order:

"Female Adolescent/Pre-Teen."

"Female Teenagers"

I think this is a great idea and maybe you guys can even get this published at some point. :)

But... I am confused by the titles you have given...

Could you clarify these two in terms of what you'll be writing?

Pre-teen makes absolute sense... Teenager does as well since it refers to the stage of life between 13 years of age and 19 years of age. I think in pre-teen you meant to have put early adolescence instead of simply adolescence. Early adol. is mostly considered between 11-14 (puberty starts), while pre-teen is 8-12... though, really adolescence is not highlighted by years as the terms teen and pre-teen are...

Adolescence really begins when physiologically normal puberty starts. It ends when the person develops an adult identity and behavior... There is no exact age for this nor a true age group, even when we categorize it with teenagers.

I'm really looking forward to reading what you and your room mate have to say... i'm sure many men will appreciate it, too :lol

Just_Peachy

Adolescent/Pr-teen, I'm talking about before or after you hit puberty. Really, if you've ever heard of the saying, "TWEEN" that's what I'm talking about. Before you're a teen, but too old to be considered a "child" any longer. ...Like between the ages of 9 and 12. -When you start to challenge your parents and are old enough to stay home by yourself without supervision. That sort of thing.

Hope this cleared things up! :) I know it's kind of confusing right now, but once I start posting, it'll be easier.

Also, Sorry I haven't gotten to update everyone! I probably won't get a chance until tonight (later) or tomorrow, even. Me and my husband are going to the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame to see some MJ stuff! Too bad we aren't allowed to bring camera's 'cause they confiscate them... Glad I have a camera phone! (What, are they gonna take that away from me too?!?!) LOL :lol Hopefully I will figure out a way to get some pics and post them online for ya'll!

P.s. The rock hall is located in Cleveland, Ohio. (About an hour and a half drive from where I'm at.) Don't know when we'll be back, but hopefully I can update everything including my fanfic tonight! See ya!!!

Just_Peachy

Female Adolescent/Pre-Teen

It is said that the "tween" years of females is one of the most stressful times. It's not! They may think it is, but it's just not. Tween's seem to think that they have it so hard. Granted, that's about the time when you would begin to wear braces, get new glasses, break out, and even sometimes... grow into puberty. Growing up with four other girls in my household -not including my mother -I decided that I had had enough experience and am able to connect with other people about what really goes on in the female mind during life. My experiences ranges, from a 52 year old divorced mother, a 29 year old sister, a 25 year old sister, a 20 year old sister, and a 15 year old sister.

With that said, I think we should begin with the adolescent girl in mind. All of my sisters are past this stage, as well as myself. It wouldn't seem fair or "right" to write about just my thoughts... so I brought in every other girl I knew too. I also did some research online, and you will find each one of my bibliographies at the end of the entire 'book' I'm writing. Please, feel free to comment on anything you like or dislike and let me know why. I'd love to hear other people's thoughts as well, so that maybe I can get this published.

In an adolescent mind, that is when women really begin to see the difference between wants and needs. By definition, a "want" is something that is not needed by the person, but psychologically wants to have it. A "Need" is something a person has to have in order to survive. (eg. of need: food, water, shelter, clothing). Women use these terms loosely, but know the difference. It's something we use, to get our boyfriends, parents, siblings or whomever to give us what we want/need. Here is what I found online pertaining to wants and needs:

When a woman says:
"I Want" = "I need." ("I want" means, "I need." It's backward).

When a woman says:
"I need" = "I want" ("I need" means, "I want." This is also backward).

Men take things that women say too literally. They don't stop to think. Or maybe they do, and they just don't get us. Literally, everything we say to a man, means the opposite. It's not just the "I wants" and "I needs," its everything.

Let's back up to when we were eleven or twelve years old. Imagine being in middle school, and seeing that one male friend that we had. We'll make up names here. Sally wants Robert to come over after school so that they can work on a Science project together. Sally wants to do a poster presentation the way she wants it done, it red crayon. But Robert wants to do something else, in blue crayon. When Robert picks up his blue crayon, and asks Sally if it is okay to use it on a certain part of the poster board, Sally says she's okay with it. My point in this little story is, this is the point in a young woman's life when the "Sure... Go ahead," saying comes into play. "Sure... Go ahead," does not mean what it says. Here is another example.

"Sure... Go ahead," = "I don't want you to." (Again, an opposite).

Are we getting a better picture here? :)

Let's turn the tables for a moment. I have one little bit of information I would like to provide from the male's prospective. While women generally say something and mean the exact opposite, men like to say what they actually feel. Most of the time, anyway. Here is an excerpt from an internet site that I found on what men say, and what they really mean:

When a Man says:
"I'm Hungry." = "I'm hungry." (Same).
"I'm tired." = "I'm tired." (Same).

Generally, whatever a boy will say to you at age twelve, generally means what he is saying. The women, however, need to paid very close attention to. It's complicated when two young girls are having a conversation, and the other girl doesn't pick up on it. As we grow up, we learn more about it, and learn to understand what other women want.

Later on in womanhood, a we come to understand more about what we say, and what we mean... it's something we were basically groomed to do. We grew up with it. Either from our parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, teachers, it doesn't matter. A girl could walk down the street and bump into another girl; carry on a conversation and learn what the other woman was getting at. It's not intentional in any way, it's just the way we are. Deal with it!

Just_Peachy

I haven't had much time to write about the next section of this... and my notes are upstairs in my room... my husband is asleep and I'd have to turn on the lights to find them. So I'll try to update tomorrow if I can! Thanks for reading! And please! Leave any comments so that I know its being read, otherwise I might just stop this project all together. :)