Jackson 5 Inspired By Bollywood: Jermaine

armcjackson

link here

TORONTO - Jermaine Jackson says he and his famous singing siblings were inspired by the over-the-top song-and-dance performances of Bollywood.

The Jackson 5 singer says it's a big reason he's taking part in a tribute to his late brother Michael at a glitzy concert Friday put on by the International Indian Film Academy.

Jackson told a press conference studded with Bollywood celebrities that his family watched Indian films every Saturday when they moved to California to make it big in show business.

"We were watching you from Day 1 as we were on the journey of becoming the Jackson 5," Jackson said Thursday after Indian movie stars including Anil Kapoor, Anupam Kher and Boman Irani launched the three-day party.

"We loved the dance, the costumes, the entertainment, the set design and that's what inspired us a great deal.... So I'm very honoured to be here."

Jackson said he'll be honouring his late brother Michael by singing his hits "Scream" and "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'," as well as "Can You Feel It," by the Jacksons.

Michael Jackson died in June 2009 at age 50 just as he was about to launch a comeback tour.

The tribute is part of the IIFA Rocks music and fashion showcase Friday, one of several performance-laden events meant to promote Indian entertainment stars.

The festivities will be capped with a star-studded awards show Saturday.

"It's a wonderful opportunity because Michael loved India so much," Jackson said of his upcoming performance, which will include a duet with Indian singer Sonu Nigam.

"We love the food, we love the people, we love the music, we love the clothing, everything."

"The music always made us want to go visit India and just being here with the IIFA awards is a dream come true."

This is the first time the touring spectacle has come to North America. The three-day carnival of South Asian music, fashion, celebrity and film runs through Saturday.

Jackson thanked Canadian fans for offering him a warm welcome to Toronto.

"Thank you Canadian fans for supporting my brothers and us since the Victory Tour in the early '80s. We love you and it's always a warm welcome here."

When asked if he planned to incorporate Bollywood dance into his performance, Jackson was coy, only saying he's planned "something."

"People forget now, I'm the bass player from the Jackson 5," he said smirking. "But we know how to move."

sushigirl28

"Every Saturday"?

But anyway, it's true Michael adored India. I love everything about India too!.. *SO many memories for me* I ask somebody to contend with my Tikka Masala, or my Gulab Jamun! :hilarious I wish I could go to IFFA, I would enjoy it so much! <3 *My Pink sari time* :yaychibi

I loved the Bollywood tributes for Michael, I mean it's just so awesome. The Dances rule. I remember I went to one of my Indian grocery stores to get groceries 2 years ago as usual, and the Hindi/English newspaper that was specially displayed to buy this time had the front article tributing Michael, and had sentiments from Deepak and his fam, various gorgeous words by Bollywood stars, and I was so happy. I gave the owner of the store a big, squishy hug as he told me how much Michael meant to him and his family, and his little daughters when he saw me gasp and point at it, and I bought 2 to save. :heart Emotional.

The last time they were there in Canada was like the Victory Tour in the early '80s.. long time! I wish they would've made it back up there to give the Canadian fans some ecstasy seeing Michael in person again. :2tongue

xo

sushigirl28

Here's a pic of Jermaine performing in Canada at IFFA this past weekend:

600_jermaine_jackson_cp_110.jpg

~And Here's the tribute song that was crafted for it. It too is called, "This is it", and the dude standing next to Jermaine's named Sonu Nigam, who is an Indian popstar and the guy who penned the song. (When I saw him talk about it, dude acted conceded... :yeahright Whatevs.)

50135579.jpg

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfYAFXjk5Uw&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

This is it Song Lyrics

[Jermaine Jackson]
So folks, I wanna tell ya, how much I love you
Cause I see Michael now in everyone of you
And I wanna give my all and do my best for you
For This is how I'm gonna give my Michael his due

[Sonu Nigam]
So Folks I wanna tell you how much I love you
Cuz I see Michael now in every one of you
For this is how I'm gonna give My Michael his due

Jermaine: My Michael his due
Sonu: his due
Sonu: his due [ x4 times ]

[Sonu Nigam]
This is it [ This is it ]
This is the end of a destiny
Bringin' an abrupt end to a Symphony

[Jermaine Jackson]
Who took him
Took him away without a warning
Leaving the millions here mourning

[Jermaine Jackson]
His music as inspiring as the life he lead
He danced, he sang, he cried, he plead

[Sonu Nigam]
He lift the soul of world and shook the dance floor
And his life was as lonely as a forlorn shore

[Sonu-Jermaine]
So Folks I wanna tell you how much I love you
Cuz I see Michael now in every one of you
For this is how I'm gonna give My Michael his due
[x2 times]

[Jermaine]
Is that all [Is that all]
Is that all we are gonna hear from him

Sonu:Was he for real or a pseudonym
Jermaine: Time will pass
Sonu: And the world shall find a new Icon
But History will always live on

Jermaine: I wish this wasn't it, though I know he's gone for sure
Sonu: He wanted to heal the world, didn't have his own cure
Jermaine: I wish he didn't care to what people said

[Sonu Nigam]
If he knew how much they loved him
He wouldn't be Dead

[Sonu-Jermaine]
So folks, I wanna tell ya how much I love you

So folks, I want to tell you, how much I love you
For This is how I'm gonna give my Michael......

Sonu: Good Bye Michael
Jermaine: Till we meet again

Sonu: Thank you for the Legacy.....
ai..ai...ai...

Nevaan Nigam: Michael Jackson

[Sonu-Jermaine]
So folks, I wanna to tell ya how much I love you [I love you]
Cause I see Michael now in everyone of you [you my brother]

So folks, I want to tell ya how much I love you

Jermaine: you My Brother
Sonu: My Michael

Page

4_16_06_11_2_14_20.jpeg

~The backbeat I lurve. But I don't know about the rest. Lemme listen to it again.

xo

sushigirl28

Jermaine at Generation Moonwalk 2011 in Paris
He sings CYFI, Scream, and WBSS.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cySYsUfbjg[/media]

HTW

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha7DqzBi3ug&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

xo

Dialdancer

I did not realize Bollywood was a known location to most in the USA or was known for film making or entertainment in the 70's and 80's.

sushigirl28

Dialdancer said:
I did not realize Bollywood was a known location to most in the USA or was known for film making or entertainment in the 70's and 80's.

I know, right? I thought the same thing girl...

And just like MJfan01' said, it's like weird. Jermaine's not doing a good job, but he's reeling in the excitement given to him from singing Michael's songs.. Scream? Aiish.. *It's a sad addiction that he's always suffered from..* Trying to latch on and capture the same success as Michael..

It's like, I like the gesture itself, exposure of Michael anywhere is awesome, but the intentions behind the gesture, are not 100% pure, and I think a lot of us know that, therefore the weirdness is even stronger... *sigh* I'm glad the peeps who went to Generation Moonwalk 2011 had a fun time though Celebrating Michael.

xo