Jackson cuts ties with 2sea

His-Confessions

Michael Jackson: Leading the New Jack Swing revival?The pop megastar working with Teddy Riley

http://www.soundgenerator.com/news/

Michael Jackson has parted ways with new record label Two Seas and collaborated with U.S. producer Teddy Riley, Sound Generator can report.

Despite signing a new album deal with the newly established, Bahrain-based label, founded by Gut Records chairman Guy Holmes and Prince Abdulla Hamad Alkhalifa, Jackson is said to distanced himself from the organisation after a row with Holmes.

Jackson's publicist, Raymone Bain, confirmed the stat had "cut all ties" with Holmes, while also confirming the formation of a new holding company for his business interests - the Michael Jackson Company, Inc., which will act as a publishing and recording label for his 2007 album release.

Taking over the role of the now defunct MJJ Productions, the company will be charged with restructuring Jackson's personal and business affairs.

Moving onto the Teddy Riley situation, with an announcement coming this month that Riley was involved in producing the entirety of Jackson's comeback set, which is still reportedly on course for a 2007 release. In a statement at the beginning of the year, Riley revealed he was spearheading a New Jack Swing revival - a musical style he had helped pioneer in the mid-1990's with BLACKstreet and SWV. Most of the acts involved are set to release new music next year under Riley's guise, with a big tour also planned.

More on this story when we have it.

Full Edit
Quick Edit
aveeno1 Today, 09:08 AM

danaluvsmj

I had a feeling this was going to happen. Things didn't seem to be getting done, and of course when Mike wants something done, he sure as hell wants it now.After the thing with the Katrina single it was obvious something was up.

Anyways, I'm excited about this New Jack Swing revival.Brings me back to my kid days.

jupiter

aww i thought thing were going so well.:eek: oh well if michael needs the change then i guesse he should:idontknow . and like they say a change, a change, will do you good. :unsure:

Isn't this a kind of revival of what we already knew, though? Sounds like the author just put two and two together..;) :lol

Anyway, if all of this is indeed the way it is in context..I can't exactly say that I'm surprised. Not to be mean or anything, but I kinda saw this one coming from a mile away. :lol Like Dana said, things just didn't seem to be getting under way under 2seas. And I've honestly felt all along that Michael would probably eventually end up wanting and/or needing a bigger, more established label for his "comeback"..to get the proper promotion and all that. If the ever elusive Katrina single was any indication of how that organzation got things done (or lack thereof, lol), then I certainly can see why Michael would wanna make a change..lol.

In either case, Teddy Riley is an excellent choice. I have this feeling that the next one will have a feel that's kinda like a mix of Dangerous and HIStory..and possibly something new as well. Can't wait. :D

whisper said:
I'm gonna need some confirmation of this from Raymone Bain first.

Yeah, I can certainly see why. Like I said, this sounds more like the author putting the facts that have already been presented out there together more than an actual announcement, lol. And who knows? Maybe 2seas will still play some sort of a role in his next one. But I bet that it won't be the only entity involved..

But we already know he's working/going to work with Teddy Riley again (as Teddy revealed that in an interview a few months back) and he cut ties with Holmes (as per Raymone's announcement in June), so it would kinda make sense, lol...ah well...whatever happens! :D :lol

HeavenSent

Since we gotta wait for a confirmation, and all...Let me just eloquently express that it'd be the freakin' bomb if Mike teamed with Teddy Riley!

HeavenSent

Not to turn this into a NJS thread, lol, but I am seriously jamming to it on youtube. God bless this site! Don't know if Teddy would still be willing to produce new music that's reminescent of that era, but I wouldn't mind if he did!

TruthSeeker

HeavenSent said:
Not to turn this into a NJS thread, lol, but I am seriously jamming to it on youtube. God bless this site! Don't know if Teddy would still be willing to produce new music that's reminescent of that era, but I wouldn't mind if he did!

I would LOVE for Mike and Teddy to work together too. IF the report is true like others have said I don't blame Mike for leaving because nothing is being done!