Jackson\'s Billie Jean Greatest #1 Song in UK, July 30 2004

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Fri 30 Jul 2004

4:58pm (UK)

MJ's 'Billie-Jean Greatest NO.1'
By Anita Singh, Showbusiness Editor, PA News

Michael Jackson’s Billie Jean has been voted the greatest number one of all time.

The 1983 hit was chosen ahead of John Lennon’s Imagine and Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody.

Music channel VH1 polled more than 25,000 people for their ultimate number one.

Oasis came fourth in the poll with Don’t Look Back In Anger, just ahead of Vogue by Madonna.

Bryan Adams’ (Everything I Do) I Do It For You, which topped the charts for a record-breaking 16 weeks in 1991, was sixth.

Will Young was a surprise entry at number seven with his recent hit Leave Right Now.

Kylie Minogue’s Can’t Get You Out Of My Head and Madonna’s Like A Prayer were at number eight and nine.

And Mariah Carey sneaked into the top 10 with the gushy ballad Without You.

Records making the top 20 included Every Breath You Take by the Police, Careless Whisper by George Michael and True by Spandau Ballet.

Britney Spears appears twice in the top 20 — but VH1 viewers voted her last hit Toxic ahead of Baby One More Time.

A VH1 spokeswoman said: “The poll has thrown up some surprising results — who would have thought Britney would lose out to Mariah Carey or Will Young’s Leave Right Now would beat George Michael’s Careless Whisper.

“Michael Jackson won by a landslide, which just goes to show people still love his music despite what’s going on in his life.”

VH1’s Ultimate Number Ones: The Greatest will be broadcast tomorrow.

Top 20:

1 Michael Jackson — Billie Jean

2 John Lennon — Imagine

3 Queen — Bohemian Rhapsody

4 Oasis — Don’t Look Back In Anger

5 Madonna — Vogue

6 Bryan Adams — (Everything I Do) I Do It For You

7 Will Young — Leave Right Now

8 Kylie Minogue — Can’t Get You Out Of My Head

9 Madonna — Like A Prayer

10 Mariah Carey — Without You

11 Britney Spears — Toxic

12 Westlife — Flying Without Wings

13 Police — Every Breath You Take

14 No Doubt — Don’t Speak

15 Britney Spears — Baby One More Time

16 George Michael — Careless Whisper

17 Celine Dion — Think Twice

18 Puff Daddy and Faith Evans — I’ll Be Missing You

19 Spandau Ballet — True

20 Spice Girls — Wannabe

:nav Source: [url=http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3276275]http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3276275[/url]

MJISHOT

Billie Jean Voted Greatest Number One Ever!

Michael Jackson's 1982 hit Billie Jean has finished top of VH-1 UK's list to find the Greatest Ever Number Ones.

Over 20,000 votes were cast by the British public, and almost half were in favour of the King of Pop's Thriller track.

Michael has four entries in the Top 100, three of which are in the Top 40. As well as Billie Jean appearing at No.1, Michael has entries at No.22 with Earth Song and at No.31 with Black Or White.

source:mjni.com

woohoo go mike!! :drinkingb