Janet Arvizo in Court today

Just a reminder that Janet Arvizo is due in court today regarding charge's over welfare fraud. A hearing will be held today to determine wether there is a sufficient amount of evidence to continue into the next stage, which is trial.

Any information relating to today's proceeding can be posted here so we can keep informed on this issue.

Lets just pray that Janut Arvizo finally gets a taste of her own medicine.

Kanya

I would not say that we must PRAY for her to be jailed, but just have confidence that justice will be served at last. Let us pray for something good to occur instead, for Michael to be spared of unfairness and hunters as her, for instance, by letting God do His job.

Finally, an update on the proceedings today.  Lets just say that Janet Arvizo never left an impressive impression on the Judge
----------------------------------------
Woman whose son accused Jackson in court for welfare case

LINDA DEUTSCH

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - The mother of a boy whose accusations of molestation against Michael Jackson were rejected by a jury made a brief and apparently reluctant court appearance Friday on welfare fraud charges.

At first, the woman was absent from the hearing, sending her lawyer to handle a postponement.

But Superior Court Judge David Horwitz demanded that she come to court. After a two-hour delay, she rushed in, clad in a jogging suit.

The Associated Press has withheld the name of the woman to protect the identity of her son.

With her hair pulled back in a barette and no makeup, the woman was barely recognizable as the witness who testified at length in the Jackson trial.

She is accused of perjury in falsely applying for welfare aid.

Prosecutors allege that she collected $18,782 in fraudulently obtained welfare payments between November 2001 and March 2003, failing to disclose that she had received a $150,000 settlement of a lawsuit against a department store chain.

The 37-year-old woman didn't speak during Friday's proceeding. Her lawyer agreed to a postponement until Dec. 19 for further scheduling.

Accompanied by a friend, the woman rushed out of the courtroom with her head down and refused to answer reporters' questions.

At the Jackson trial in Santa Maria, she invoked Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination on the welfare fraud issue and did not testify about it.

Jackson was acquitted of molestation charges last June. Many jurors said the lack of credibility on the part of the woman and her children on the witness stand were major factors in their verdicts.

:nav3: http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...mplate=dateline

HeavenSent

Originally posted by privacy@Oct 28 2005, 12:39 PM
Buaha.

Hell, I'ma pray.
LMAO :lol: Right behind you, girl.

I agree. we should make this the thread to discuss/post news about the proceedings

JANIE

I believe that guilty people should be found guilty of their crimes, and appropriately punished. I don't know what the punishment will be for this crime, but I hope this woman is found guilty, and that she is jailed for a period of time.

As far as I'm concerned what goes around comes around - and she'll be getting her comeuppance for more than welfare fraud!

Kanya

"The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways." -- Deuteronomy 28:1-11 KJV

zenab_love mike

Originally posted by Kanya@Oct 30 2005, 05:31 AM
"The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways."  -- Deuteronomy 28:1-11 KJV

wow ! :) i bet when she looks in the mirror the mirror cracks ! :crackingu now , i find tht funny !

HeavenSent

Even though it might feel nice and refreshing to say that Janet will get what she deserves, remember how unpredictable our "justice" system is.

I can only hope and PRAY that she gets her due....However anything can happen...:unsure:

I'll be watching this closely.