Joe blames Katherine

shelly

I don't understand how someone can be that cold.

"Only once did I shed a tear for him and that was in the Bahamas collecting an award for him. When his songs came on I just choked up and tears ran down my face. I was surprised by that."

"Katherine was weeping uncontrollably and highly upset. But I didn't give her a hug because I was MAD at her crying," snaps Joe, 80, who says he had spent months urging her to get the singer into rehab for his prescription drugs addiction.

"I said, 'If you had listened to me Michael would be living now!' I kept thinking about the times I had stood in front of her saying something was wrong.

"I couldn't bottle up my feelings. Katherine didn't say a word - I had to get away from her. If she'd done what I asked, Michael would be here today. I am incensed with her. She could have made a difference."

I know it's from News of the World but they've got Joe Jackson on video.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sho...ksons-dad-bl ames-wife-for-Jackos-death.html

oldschoolfan

:tvhorror Please tell me this is bullshit, is this on video?

If this is genuine, the guys a twat, I've said it before I'll say it again. Perhaps if he didn't beat the crap out of Michael time after time and forced him into this career while he was a child he wouldn't have had half the issues he lived with. Perhaps instead of 'telling' Katherine what to do he should have done it himself. But oh wait that's right, Michael wouldn't give his father the time of day because the guy is a dickhead.
He wouldn't even hug her, because it was ALL HER FAULT. Please, I'd believe Joe was in on Michael's death all along before I blame Katherine.

''When his songs came on I just choked up and tears ran down my face. I was surprised by that.''

Hell I'M surprised by that, who knew Joe cared to blink an eye over the death of his own son? Unless of course the tears were of the fact the award he was accepting was for someone else and not for his selfish ass.

Cristine87

Y'know what I find funny? Is how people want to blame everybody but themselves for Michael's death. I laugh when people say "Well, he knew the dangers. He shouldn't have taken those drugs" and "He was an addict! He brought it on himself". LOL! They make it sound so simple! Do they ask themselves why was Michael taking presription drugs? Why did he have problems sleeping? Why was he so sheltered away from the world? Why was he sad a lot? No, they don't ask themselves that because then they would have to take some of the responsibility for his demise, since they were a part of the lynch mob that crucified MJ and caused him to feel alienated and rejected by the public that once loved him. The reason their was this renewed interest in Michael after his death is because people felt massive guilt over how he had been treated all these years and now he was gone and they can't take it back, so to clear their conscience a little, they run out and buy everything Michael and blast his music. WTF ever!

In the case of the people around him, most of them were only looking out for themselves and their pockets. $$$$. Like Madonna said, people abandoned him. Poor Michael, who the hell was he supposed to turn to when it didn't know who to trust? Katherine is an old lady, how dare you try to lay the blame on her shoulders. That woman has been through hell and back and is the reason that family is still functioning. She now has to care for Michael's kids in addition to the moochers that still live their.

Irish Flower

It's all on video. NOTW record all their main interviews now. Plus he was on Geraldo with Oxman last night claiming some of his other sons are being paid money by the estate to keep quiet. He is such a despicable man. He has always been like this, it is because Michael is dead that we get to see it up front. The more frustated and angry he gets with not being able to get his hands on Michael's money the worse he will get. He keeps fabricating stories and lies with Oxman for their own agendas and it is terrible because there is still an impending trial. They are all just loving this mess. Good for Katherine and the Estate to blast Joe today.

shelly

[quote name="Irish Flower"]It's all on video. NOTW record all their main interviews now. Plus he was on Geraldo with Oxman last night claiming some of his other sons are being paid money by the estate to keep quiet. He is such a despicable man. He has always been like this, it is because Michael is dead that we get to see it up front. The more frustated and angry he gets with not being able to get his hands on Michael's money the worse he will get. He keeps fabricating stories and lies with Oxman for their own agendas and it is terrible because there is still an impending trial. They are all just loving this mess. Good for Katherine and the Estate to blast Joe today.[/quote]

What did he say on Geraldo.

Irish Flower

The usual crap that never makes sense. AEG, Estate, etc. Basically Joe seething that he has no control over Michael's money. The only interesting and other ridiculous thing that came up was that apparently some of the brothers are being paid ten grand not to talk by the estate. LMAO! Oxman and Joe just fabricating BS on a continouse basis to try and support their agendas. It's all quite silly and sad. And Joe does not give a crap as long as he is getting attention and making money out of tabloid interviews. Has no care of the damage that he is doing to his family.

Teva

[quote name="Cristine87"]The reason their was this renewed interest in Michael after his death is because people felt massive guilt over how he had been treated all these years and now he was gone and they can't take it back, so to clear their conscience a little, they run out and buy everything Michael and blast his music. WTF ever![/quote]

Christine what you said hurt me because I know it is true, and I was one of the people. So far I have 4 DVDs! I was actually planning to start a thread to see if they are others here who were non fans like me, but I thought better of it. We are not all bad, and the long time fans are usually distrustful of us, it's understandable. However, we could actually shed some light on a few perspectives that earlier fans don't realized. I maybe a new fan, but that doesn't mean I am not sincere.

As for Joe, IMO he was the one that could have really saved MJ. Michael Jackson wanted nothing more while growing up than for his father to show him some affection. I know this because he said it in the Shmuley book. Joe should take a look at himself before he points fingers at others. Michael wanted the kind of relationship with Joe that he had with his children.

What I find despicable is that Joe went to a tabloid magazine that called his son a pedophile, and that was one of the nicer things they have said, to declare war on Katherine. It is not uncommon in families when a child dies for one parent to blame the other, but Joe should have kept his mouth shut to the public even if he thought/spoke this privately. Imagine how hurt Katherine must have felt to lose a child and to have her husband lay the blame at her feet. More importantly imagine how hurt Michael would have been to hear such a thing. Michael Jackson loved no one more than his mother.

But of course Joe harbors NO blame or responsibility whatsoever, for anything in regards to Michael. Of course he NEVER hurt him, physically or (and I believe, much more fundamentally) emotionally..

I'm sorry but how dare he? :ranting There's so much more I could say on this, but honestly, that's all I can type out at the moment. Even admist all the other more questionable things this man has said over the years, I'm still taken aback at this!

*smdh*

:(

OneMoreChance

I have never trusted Joe and I never will. This just cements my opinion of him! But wait, didn't Joe claim before that he thought Michael was intentionally murdered? How could Katherine be to blame for that.f Joe needs to stop changing his story. The man makes me sick. Take responsibility for the pain you caused Michael! Grow up and be a man!

shelly

[quote name="MJfan01'"]what the hell is his problem? :yeahright[/quote]

I think he loved being on TV a little bit too much;

Saphster

[quote name="oldschoolfan"]:tvhorror Please tell me this is bullshit, is this on video?

If this is genuine, the guys a twat, I've said it before I'll say it again. Perhaps if he didn't beat the crap out of Michael time after time and forced him into this career while he was a child he wouldn't have had half the issues he lived with. Perhaps instead of 'telling' Katherine what to do he should have done it himself. But oh wait that's right, Michael wouldn't give his father the time of day because the guy is a dickhead.
He wouldn't even hug her, because it was ALL HER FAULT. Please, I'd believe Joe was in on Michael's death all along before I blame Katherine.

''When his songs came on I just choked up and tears ran down my face. I was surprised by that.''

Hell I'M surprised by that, who knew Joe cared to blink an eye over the death of his own son? Unless of course the tears were of the fact the award he was accepting was for someone else and not for his selfish ass.[/quote]

RIGHT! I'm sitting here with my eyes wide open surprised as hell at the fact that he actually even wept. Michael's father ( I can't call him Joe. Feels wrong) was an asshole. Yep. You can't blame one parent. I hate it when parents blame each other or just one. You both are the ones to blame for your mistakes. Michael had two parents. If Michael's father would have stepped up and played the role of a caring father a long time ago a lot of stuff could have been avoided. A lot of bad stuff.

IF Michael's father Joseph did step up and tell Michael anything it was far too late. Cause Michael was a grown ass man and he was not gonna have anyone (especially joe jackson) telling him how to live or how he should live his life. Especially after not being there for so many years. Too late dude. You should have been there for your son sooner.