John Dye Has Died on January 10th 2011

DirtyDiana87

John Dye, costar of the long-running TV series "Touched by an Angel," was found dead Monday in his San Francisco home, a medical examiner's spokesman said Thursday.

Though the cause of death wasn't official, relatives said the actor died of heart failure.

"I like the role because death isn't something we talk about much in America," Dye wrote in a 1997 compilation of "Touched by an Angel" scripts. "As a nation, we find it difficult to mourn or grieve, labeling tears a sign of weakness. Because of that, Andrew is a rather loud character, helping us face something we would rather ignore."

"Dear, sweet John Dye, rest in peace," costar Valerie Bertinelli said Tuesday on Twitter.

Dye joined Roma Downey and Della Reese on "Touched" -- in which heavenly messengers helped people get through tough patches in life -- as a sort of angel of death, though his role evolved. He was on the CBS series from its second season in 1995 until it ended in 2003.

"He turned the idea of the angel of death into something that was compassionate and welcoming," his younger brother, Jerre Dye, told Tennessee's Commercial Appeal.
Dye also appeared in the spinoff "Promised Land" and had regular roles in the prime-time TV series "Hotel Malibu," "Jack's Place" and "Tour of Duty."

A memorial service is planned for Jan. 22 at St. Andrew's United Methodist Church,in Amory, Miss., Dye's hometown.

sushigirl28

Aw, that's so sad...
When we moved from our home, we had gotten into our new place and we didn't have any cable, for a few months actually.. Until we were all together and situated, so we had like 3, 4 channels. And they were the weather channel and local news. We didn't have a VCR or any of our movies. Sometimes reeeally early in the morning there would be As the World Turns, or 2 other soap operas on for a couple hours. Touched By An Angel was the one show I would watch when it was on, my mother and I. :simplesmile That was also my grandmother's favorite show, she's watched every episode unbelievably. Love to him and his family.. He's ok now though, not feeling any pain.. I gotta tell my moms...

touched%20by%20an%20angel%20series%203_widescreen.jpg