Jury Lets AEG off the hook for Hiring Conrad Murray

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Sidenote: Okay, did the judge seem TOO happy after the verdict? I thought she was gonna get up and moonwalk after the jury found AEG not liable...

A Los Angeles jury decided Wednesday that AEG Live hired Dr. Conrad Murray, but also concluded that the concert promoter was not liable for Michael Jackson's drug overdose death.

The verdict brings the five-month-long trial to a close.

Jackson's mother, Katherine, and the singer's three children sued AEG Live in 2010, contending the company's negligence in hiring, retaining or supervising Murray was a factor in the singer's June 25, 2009, death.

Jackson died of an overdose of the surgical anesthetic propofol, which Murray told investigators he was using to treat the singer's insomnia so he could rest for rehearsals. Murray is set to be released from jail later this month after serving two years for involuntary manslaughter.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/02/showbiz/michael-jackson-death-trial-verdict/

TeaReal

I was going to post my 2 cents about the verdict on abc news page after reading their article which was fair by the way, but then I didn't like how you had to sign in just to post a comment. Forums are good places to sign in not abc news. I then scanned down which was a mistake and saw that most of the 27 comments were raking MJ and his family over the coals. :rant Then I thought forget it. I want no part of bullsh*t posts. :pullhair By the way this lawsuit was brought by a mother and grandmother not someone interested in money but the truth of AEG's actions. I hope peace can surround the Jackson family now and for always. I heard on HLN just 30 minutes ago that AEG's jury found Conrad Murray to have been compentent. Really?! Bias much?! :disbelief :shadydeal

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Well that's why people were questioning whether the jury understood what they were deliberating about.  Most people, even if they agree with the verdict, aren't buying this notion from the jury that Murray was competent. He's a convicted murderer because his incompetence was proven in a court of law.