Love, don\'t hate, LOVE

oldschoolfan

I couldn't help but observe the tension that's building between everyone recently. There has been quite a bit of, I won't say FIGHTING, but it's getting there. I am really starting to worry about it because I know this is a safe haven for a lot of people, and I'd hate to think things end up like they did a few years ago where I ended up leaving as MJslave because the fighting got too much. It took me 4 years to come back and I was glad to see the bickering was gone.
I know that after Michael's death the tension is high, Michael's murderer still out there, resentments towards everyone who's jumped on the bandwagon, people profiting from his death, knowing that if he'd recieved that respect while he was alive he probably wouldn't be dead. Then there is the bittersweetness of seeing him everywhere, seeing the memorial, movie, funeral and a million bloody tributes from every celebrity under the sun.

Then of course, there is the questions of the allegations. Dun dun dun...
I know a lot of people are stressing about it all again, and there is good reason that some people would- the FBI files, false claims Jordan confessed, Evan topping himself, that guy in California calling Michael a paedophile (whatever the hell his name was), and the simple fact we just want a freaking answer already.

And the fact we have recieved absolutely NO closure over Michael's death.

I could go on and on, but yall know what I'm talking about.
But my point of all this is- we need to be tolerant of each other, we need to allow people to vent, we need to allow people to ask questions and voice opinions and just get it out, because really, who else do we have to talk about it other than each other? We are all together because we have one big thing in common- we love Michael. When a friend or family memeber dies we can talk about it to whoever we want and most people will understand. But when you are still crying over Michael six months after his death, most people just not going to get that. So for a lot of people on here, this the one and only place they have where they can talk about it and vent and question, and for a lot of people this is the only place they can even mention Michael's name.

So we need to remember to stay calm and not get bitter at each other. If someone talks about something you don't agree with that's fine, please don't be nasty to each other. Everyone else is going to be involved in any bickering that goes purely by seeing it, therefore everyones tension is going to build and it results in more fighting. I had a very nasty falling out with a member recently and that member has dissappeared a few weeks ago, and I personally think I know exactly why that person left. Of course I'd have loved to go on about what happened, but I know that it just cannot go down here, I have avoided any conversation with this person purely because I am going to get nasty, and I didn't want others to have to listen to that. So I bit my tongue. And it was damn well hard I won't deny. But it was not impossible. We all sometimes need to bite our tongues, not to say debating is wrong because that is fine, but when it's getting nasty we need to think about all the things that have happened and try to keep the peace.
The tension has really built up after Michael's death, there are so many people we can blame, but we can't until we know who they all are and how they were exactly involved. So who do we retaliate at? Each other of course.

What would Michael think if he knew his death had caused that tension? Would he feel guilty knowing that the mistake he made of accepting Murray's 'help' has resulted in all this stress? Michael wasn't about that at all, he ALWAYS turned the other cheek. Always.

It's okay to be stressed and angry and resentful, it's okay to not want to discuss certain things, but everyone is different and some people are more worked up about certain things than others. I for one am worked up about the allegations. Over the last few weeks I have almost become obessed with it, I have been reading books, reading the FBI files, trial documents, searching for info and of course carrying on about it non-stop. It's as though I need to find closure in it, nobody else wants to come out with the answer so I feel the need to find it myself. And I know that one or two people haven't liked that, there are people on here that really just don't want to talk about it. But I also know that there are some people on here that have become just as obsessed with it as me and want to talk about it and there is no reason why these people shouldn't. Whenever there is something on here I don't have an interest in I simply just don't look, but there are some things I just HAVE to rant about because for me, dealing with Michael's death means needing certain answers. I need to know who I am truly mourning for, where did it all begin.
But for others there way dealing is to just not want to know about certain things, and then some just want to cry, and some want to talk about personal problems. It is all okay. When someone doesn't deal with it the way you do does not mean we should get angry, it means we should get tolerant, just in the way we would wish for someone to be tolerant for us when we deal in our own particular way.

We are all here for each other, and our answers will all come one day. They WILL. Until then, let's stick together and know that although we may have different opinions, we have different feelings and we have different ways of dealing, we are all here for one thing- Justice for Michael.

And remember guys-

1287160683197461451.jpg

Peace out. XxXx

Ben

Good post.

People need to learn to agree to disagree, and anger resolves nothing and just makes things worse and breads resentment. I hate arguing with members of fan sites because good threads can get locked, and it doesn't spread Michael's message of Love which you really highlighted.

HeavenSent

oldschoolfan;231830 said:
I had a very nasty falling out with a member recently and that member has dissappeared a few weeks ago, and I personally think I know exactly why that person left. Of course I'd have loved to go on about what happened, but I know that it just cannot go down here, I have avoided any conversation with this person purely because I am going to get nasty, and I didn't want others to have to listen to that. So I bit my tongue. And it was damn well hard I won't deny. But it was not impossible. We all sometimes need to bite our tongues, not to say debating is wrong because that is fine, but when it's getting nasty we need to think about all the things that have happened and try to keep the peace.

While I agree with what you're saying and have tried to practice it myself, I want to add that we also should try to be sensitive towards others. This member was upset over discussing the molestation allegations, yes. Should she have left over a thread wanting to converse the topic? Well, it'd be her right, but in my opinion, no. But she was also going thru her mother being sick and stress with her job--which she did share--so it could have been the totality of it all that got to her.

Since we don't really know why she's gone, there's really no use in faulting anyone.

But the sensitivity factor, I think it's very important. Not telling people how to feel, not saying 'you need to get help' when they're grieving...those sorts of things. I clearly remember the tension ahead of TII. Some of us (including you) didn't want to see the movie or talk about it and I know it irked you when people kept coaxing you to 'oh you should go, it'll make you feel better!' It irritated me to see people doing that. Only because I know how it feels to have someone telling you what's best for you.

In respect to those who feel uncomfortable w/certain things, just let it go. That would be my advice to add to this thread.

Just thought I'd chime in.

I completely agree with you on all points Amy, and I hope we all keep our eyes on the ball. Michael's vindication should be #1.

R e a f u

Wonderful post. I think a big part of the tension is that people take the internet way to seriously. From 2003 when I left mjeol for personal reasons, till when I returned in 2008 I've seen numberless examples of how really vicious arguments start up and the things people will do to retaliate all because they take the internet too seriously or they misunderstand what is being said. People really need to learn to relax a little and try and take moment to understand what someone is trying to say. Yeah there are people who live to start drama, but I'd like to think that this is one place that doesn't have those kinds of people.

And cute puppy :D!

Cristine87

First of all, that puppy is too cute!:wub:
Secondly, I agree with you. I've been feeling alot of tension on here the past few weeks and it really is too bad cause originally, I left for that reason. I didn't like the hostility on here. It wasn't necessary. This is the internet! Alot of things can be misinterpreted or misunderstood. Just take a deep breath and simmer down. There's no reason to get so worked up on a message board. I need to know that this is a friendly enviroment where we can all disagree with eachother respectfully, cause this is where I go for comfort. His passing still numbs me!:(

Saphster

I'm one of those angry people. I have to admit. I am a hothead. :rolleyes:

I am trying. I really am. I am trying to be a better person. But, some people kinda drive me over the edge. :lol

I will try to behave better and be more respectful if I have offended anyone here. If I see that an argument is going nowhere I usually don't respond to that person anymore...just kinda stay away.

Palmyra

Reafu said:
I think a big part of the tension is that people take the internet way to seriously.

I am car-bombing the next person on the Internet who disagrees with me!

Seriously, though, you make an excellent point. The Internet is not real life. It's nothing to stress about. Sometimes, I'll be upset at someone on the Internet, but I'll let go of it.

Saphster said:
I'm one of those angry people. I have to admit. I am a hothead.

I don't really sense anger coming from you, but I sometimes sense frustration. It's not a problem for me. I don't like upsetting people and that's why I tread carefully (even on the Internet)! The crazy thing is that I try to carefully phrase my sentences so that I won't upset anyone. It's ridiculous, but I spend way too much time trying to figure out if something I say will be perceived wrongly.

By the way, Amy, YOU SUCK and I have never even liked you! ........ j/k

Saphster

Palmyra;231864 said:
I don't really sense anger coming from you, but I sometimes sense frustration.
YEAH. :lol

Palmyra;231864 said:
It's not a problem for me. I don't like upsetting people and that's why I tread carefully (even on the Internet)! The crazy thing is that I try to carefully phrase my sentences so that I won't upset anyone. It's ridiculous, but I spend way too much time trying to figure out if something I say will be perceived wrongly.

You are not alone. No mj pun intended.

sweet princess

I couldn't help but observe the tension that's building between everyone recently. There has been quite a bit of, I won't say FIGHTING, but it's getting there. I am really starting to worry about it because I know this is a safe haven for a lot of people, and I'd hate to think things end up like they did a few years ago where I ended up leaving as MJslave because the fighting got too much. It took me 4 years to come back and I was glad to see the bickering was gone.
I know that after Michael's death the tension is high, Michael's murderer still out there, resentments towards everyone who's jumped on the bandwagon, people profiting from his death, knowing that if he'd recieved that respect while he was alive he probably wouldn't be dead. Then there is the bittersweetness of seeing him everywhere, seeing the memorial, movie, funeral and a million bloody tributes from every celebrity under the sun.

Then of course, there is the questions of the allegations. Dun dun dun...
I know a lot of people are stressing about it all again, and there is good reason that some people would- the FBI files, false claims Jordan confessed, Evan topping himself, that guy in California calling Michael a paedophile (whatever the hell his name was), and the simple fact we just want a freaking answer already.

And the fact we have recieved absolutely NO closure over Michael's death.

I could go on and on, but yall know what I'm talking about.
But my point of all this is- we need to be tolerant of each other, we need to allow people to vent, we need to allow people to ask questions and voice opinions and just get it out, because really, who else do we have to talk about it other than each other? We are all together because we have one big thing in common- we love Michael. When a friend or family memeber dies we can talk about it to whoever we want and most people will understand. But when you are still crying over Michael six months after his death, most people just not going to get that. So for a lot of people on here, this the one and only place they have where they can talk about it and vent and question, and for a lot of people this is the only place they can even mention Michael's name.

So we need to remember to stay calm and not get bitter at each other. If someone talks about something you don't agree with that's fine, please don't be nasty to each other. Everyone else is going to be involved in any bickering that goes purely by seeing it, therefore everyones tension is going to build and it results in more fighting. I had a very nasty falling out with a member recently and that member has dissappeared a few weeks ago, and I personally think I know exactly why that person left. Of course I'd have loved to go on about what happened, but I know that it just cannot go down here, I have avoided any conversation with this person purely because I am going to get nasty, and I didn't want others to have to listen to that. So I bit my tongue. And it was damn well hard I won't deny. But it was not impossible. We all sometimes need to bite our tongues, not to say debating is wrong because that is fine, but when it's getting nasty we need to think about all the things that have happened and try to keep the peace.
The tension has really built up after Michael's death, there are so many people we can blame, but we can't until we know who they all are and how they were exactly involved. So who do we retaliate at? Each other of course.

What would Michael think if he knew his death had caused that tension? Would he feel guilty knowing that the mistake he made of accepting Murray's 'help' has resulted in all this stress? Michael wasn't about that at all, he ALWAYS turned the other cheek. Always.

It's okay to be stressed and angry and resentful, it's okay to not want to discuss certain things, but everyone is different and some people are more worked up about certain things than others. I for one am worked up about the allegations. Over the last few weeks I have almost become obessed with it, I have been reading books, reading the FBI files, trial documents, searching for info and of course carrying on about it non-stop. It's as though I need to find closure in it, nobody else wants to come out with the answer so I feel the need to find it myself. And I know that one or two people haven't liked that, there are people on here that really just don't want to talk about it. But I also know that there are some people on here that have become just as obsessed with it as me and want to talk about it and there is no reason why these people shouldn't. Whenever there is something on here I don't have an interest in I simply just don't look, but there are some things I just HAVE to rant about because for me, dealing with Michael's death means needing certain answers. I need to know who I am truly mourning for, where did it all begin.
But for others there way dealing is to just not want to know about certain things, and then some just want to cry, and some want to talk about personal problems. It is all okay. When someone doesn't deal with it the way you do does not mean we should get angry, it means we should get tolerant, just in the way we would wish for someone to be tolerant for us when we deal in our own particular way.

We are all here for each other, and our answers will all come one day. They WILL. Until then, let's stick together and know that although we may have different opinions, we have different feelings and we have different ways of dealing, we are all here for one thing- Justice for Michael.

And remember guys-

1287160683197461451.jpg

Peace out. XxXx

Thank you for this, I needed it, especially now...:)

HeavenSent

Palmyra;231864 said:
Sometimes, I'll be upset at someone on the Internet, but I'll let go of it.
Yep. Sort of what I'd said earlier. Just let it go.

I used to get pissed very easily because of others who I perceived as irritating, even dumb. It is unreal how long just a little bit of understanding and patience goes!

oldschoolfan

One thing that seems to suprise people with me is that I do actually have it within me to get incredible nasty with people, and that's why I try not to on here, because honestly if I did suddenly snap and get mad ans sombeody, I'd be gone from the site. This is a good way to learn to control my anger.

oldschoolfan

HeavenSent;231838 said:
While I agree with what you're saying and have tried to practice it myself, I want to add that we also should try to be sensitive towards others. This member was upset over discussing the molestation allegations, yes. Should she have left over a thread wanting to converse the topic? Well, it'd be her right, but in my opinion, no. But she was also going thru her mother being sick and stress with her job--which she did share--so it could have been the totality of it all that got to her.

Although it's not really the point of the thread and I am not going to get into details of it, I have to be honest and say that one of the reasons that she may have left could have actually been the tension between us. Our fight was as nasty as it could get and I had been so extremely offended that I just refused to talk to her on here because I KNEW I was going to make my attack. From that I think perhaps everything built up with all the other things i.e. conversations about the allegations, and one day she just got fed up and left. Maybe I'm just being insecure and out fight had nothing to do with it, but I tend to blame myself for everything.
That's all I can really say on that matter without getting everyone involved, but I thought you should know.

Palmyra;231864 said:
By the way, Amy, YOU SUCK and I have never even liked you! ........ j/k
Well I've never liked you either, you presence is not welcome here! :licklips