"Michael" Controversy...

DirtyDiana87

Hello MJEOL'ers,

I know it has been quite awhile for me to be here once again, however I have finished College and will graduate in May!!!!

I wanted to talk to you guys about the "Michael" controversy. I have heard so many things that I don't even know where to begin so I will start at the begining of what I know. I have heard people saying all over the internet that the track "Breaking News" is not even Michael singing, I've listened to the track myself and in the first verse Michael is singing in 3rd person, I've heard that Michael never sings about himself in 3rd person. I believe it IS Michael singing, could I be wrong? I've also heard/read that the song was NOT finished, is this true? Michael's own brothers Jackie & Jermaine have been posting on twitter that most of the songs on "Michael" are not even his, is this true? I've also read that the "Michael" cover has been changed numorus times, is this true?

MJEOL'ers what is FACT and what is FICTION, Can you all please help me try to sort through all of this, because I do not know what to believe anymore.

armcjackson

Honestly I think we're all kinda puzzled about the whole thing. I personally don't buy the whole, "It's not Michael singing" thing. It sounds kinda silly to me. I haven't heard about the cover changing, as far as I know it's still the same painting thingy. :idontknow I heard some of the songs weren't finished yeah, which obviously it's a whole big controversy itself...

So really, who knows.

DirtyDiana87

armcjackson said:
Honestly I think we're all kinda puzzled about the whole thing. I personally don't buy the whole, "It's not Michael singing" thing. It sounds kinda silly to me. I haven't heard about the cover changing, as far as I know it's still the same painting thingy. :idontknow I heard some of the songs weren't finished yeah, which obviously it's a whole big controversy itself...

So really, who knows.

I'm with you on that, to me it sounds like Michael he is just singing in a different occtive.

armcjackson

DirtyDiana87 said:
I'm with you on that, to me it sounds like Michael he is just singing in a different occtive.

Yeah, like Michael's voice can go from so many different ranges (sp?), I just think he used an octave that he'd possibly never shown us..? Or, I always pondered that maybe, yes it's him, but it's edited; like most music nowadays.

DirtyDiana87

Well if they do edit it, I just don't want Michael voice to be autotuned and be robotic sounding, cause we all know that Michael can sing.

armcjackson

DirtyDiana87 said:
Well if they do edit it, I just don't want Michael voice to be autotuned and be robotic sounding, cause we all know that Michael can sing.

Mhm, I personally think that "robotic/techno" sounds, well aren't very good... Like most music today.
dry.gif

OneMoreChance

My opinion about "Breaking News" is that it's Michael's voice layered with someone else. Porter's maybe. They say that the background vocals are a combination of Porter and Michael, but I think the main vocals are as well.

As far as I know they only other tracks that the family are calling in to question are the 2 other "Cascio" tracks.

I have not heard about the album cover changing, but even if it did I don't think it's a big deal.

Juniorlady

armcjackson said:
Mhm, I personally think that "robotic/techno" sounds, well aren't very good... Like most music today.
dry.gif
Autotune is okay when it's not being overused IMO. But it's obvious that Michael doesn't need it. As for the "Michael" album, I'm confused myself.

MJfan01'

I think they should replace Breaking News due to the controvesy. Plus to me it's not even a good song. there should be plenty of finished tracks that Michael approved of before he died. Breaking News doesn't sound like Michael to me. I can here a little bit of Michael in the background.

OneMoreChance

MJfan01' said:
I think they should replace Breaking News due to the controvesy. Plus to me it's not even a good song. there should be plenty of finished tracks that Michael approved of before he died. Breaking News doesn't sound like Michael to me. I can here a little bit of Michael in the background.

Agreed!
DirtyDiana87 said:
Hello MJEOL'ers,

I know it has been quite awhile for me to be here once again, however I have finished College and will graduate in May!!!!

I wanted to talk to you guys about the "Michael" controversy. I have heard so many things that I don't even know where to begin so I will start at the begining of what I know. I have heard people saying all over the internet that the track "Breaking News" is not even Michael singing, I've listened to the track myself and in the first verse Michael is singing in 3rd person, I've heard that Michael never sings about himself in 3rd person. I believe it IS Michael singing, could I be wrong? I've also heard/read that the song was NOT finished, is this true? Michael's own brothers Jackie & Jermaine have been posting on twitter that most of the songs on "Michael" are not even his, is this true? I've also read that the "Michael" cover has been changed numorus times, is this true?

MJEOL'ers what is FACT and what is FICTION, Can you all please help me try to sort through all of this, because I do not know what to believe anymore.

Congrats on finishing college!

armcjackson

I personally like "Breaking News", but due to the major controversy; I don't understand why they'd keep it on the album. I know a lot of fans who don't intend on buying the album because of that track.

DirtyDiana87

armcjackson said:
I personally like "Breaking News", but due to the major controversy; I don't understand why they'd keep it on the album. I know a lot of fans who don't intend on buying the album because of that track.

Whisper - May I ask for your comments?