Michael Jackson\'s Family Dynisty

DirtyDiana87

Hey Everyone,

How is everyone doing? I just had a question,. I recorded the Michael Jackson's Family Dynisty and I was watching it and they said that there was kind of a rivalry thing between Michael & Jermaine, and they said that back in the 80's that Jermaine had written a song about Michael. Later it was said that once Michael heard it he was angry (Rightfully so) and later on they said he changed the lyrics and re-recorded the song. I believe the lyrics were something like this "I can't believe how much the money has changed you" or something like that. (I can't remember how it went exactly) Is any of this true? If so I can't believe Jermaine would do that. He always seemed to be so supportive of Michael, so this is a shock to me!

SexyChica

Are you talking about Jermaine's song Word To The Badd? I think that's the name of it. Jermaine bashes Michael. He says Michael's money and fame changed him and that he wasn't proud of his race, etc, etc.

I remember hearing Michael was really p.o.'d about the song and Jermaine tried to backpedal and changed the lyrics. But, when that song leaked anyone who heard it knew it was about Michael.

I never liked Jermaine after I heard that song. Yes, people can change because it's been years since that song, but I don't trust or believe the crap Jermaine says about him and Michael being so close. I've been ticked off at my brothers, but I never said crap like he's said about his own blood.

SexyChica

Word To The Badd lyrics

What up yo,
word to the badd

Reconstructed
Been abducted
Don’t know who you are
They may love you
they don’t know you
Lonely superstar
never think about who you love
only think about number one
You forget about where you started from
You only think about what you want
don’t care about how it’s done
you only think about you, your throne
Be it right or be it wrong

It ain’t about your world
It ain’t about the things that you do
If you don’t care, I don’t care
Cause you keep thinkin’ ’bout you
It ain’t about you takin’ my pie
You been takin’ for a long time
If you keep
Well I ain’t thinkin’ ’bout you

What up yo, word to the badd

Once you were made
You changed your shade
Was your color wrong?
Could not turn back
It’s a known fact
You were too far gone
You know I tried to be there for you
Like a brother I care for you
It didn’t matter you always play me off
You only care about what you want
You don’t care about how it’s done
You only think about you, your throne
Be it right or wrong

If you keep
Oh no no, I ain’t thinkin’ ’bout you
Oh no

Thinkin’ about that pie that you’ve been takin’ from me
From a brother to another brother hard to believe
Lost and don’t know it yet you still show it
Givin’ seems to be harder than it is to receive
The glass has gotten shady, time to make it clearer,
Clean it up and lets start with the Man in the mirror.
Theres sadness there brother, aint no mistaken it,
Get a grip cause youre not far from breakin it.
Thinkin about the time when we used to be close,
It shouldnt be past tense, cause nobody knows,
What the future may hold, what tomorrow might bring,
Its not guaranteed that youll be spreading your wings

But meanwhile, I continue to smile, cause in the back of my head,
I know you’re still a child
You say that your a man, but that will never be.

Saphster

It's obvious Jermaine was always jealous that Michael blew up into a huge superstar and he did not.

He has no right to judge anyone. All the awful things he did when he was young. Like having sex with random girls...I hate how he tends to 'act' just like Michael when in public. His voice gets low, he says he gets shy. I don't buy it.

DirtyDiana87

SexyChica;222235 said:
Word To The Badd lyrics

What up yo,
word to the badd

Reconstructed
Been abducted
Don’t know who you are
They may love you
they don’t know you
Lonely superstar
never think about who you love
only think about number one
You forget about where you started from
You only think about what you want
don’t care about how it’s done
you only think about you, your throne
Be it right or be it wrong

If you keep

Once you were made
You changed your shade
Was your color wrong?
Could not turn back
It’s a known fact
You were too far gone
You know I tried to be there for you
Like a brother I care for you
It didn’t matter you always play me off
You only care about what you want
You don’t care about how it’s done
You only think about you, your throne
Be it right or wrong

If you keep
Oh no no, I ain’t thinkin’ ’bout you
Oh no

Thinkin’ about that pie that you’ve been takin’ from me
From a brother to another brother hard to believe
Lost and don’t know it yet you still show it
Givin’ seems to be harder than it is to receive
The glass has gotten shady, time to make it clearer,
Clean it up and lets start with the Man in the mirror.
Theres sadness there brother, aint no mistaken it,
Get a grip cause youre not far from breakin it.
Thinkin about the time when we used to be close,
It shouldnt be past tense, cause nobody knows,
What the future may hold, what tomorrow might bring,
Its not guaranteed that youll be spreading your wings

But meanwhile, I continue to smile, cause in the back of my head,
I know you’re still a child
You say that your a man, but that will never be.

OMG Yes that is the song I was refering to! WOW! How could Jermaine have wriiten a song that is so cruel. Years ago or not Michael didn't desevere that. :eek:

MJfan01'

Jermaine didn't get over Michael becoming the lead singer in the Jackson 5 days I guess. He was so jealous of Michael and his success.

Ben

Jermaine recorded Word 2 The Badd in 1991, and the version with the lyrics of Jermaine wrongly accusing Michael bealching etc was released on radio airplay a few day's before Michael released his Dangerous album. The song backfired on Jermaine.

I'm not too sure how close Michael and Jermaine were after that song. I presume Michael forgave Jermaine, but never fully trusted him again. I think Michael was quite annoyed in recent years about Jermaine always talking about a Jackson 5 reunion album and tour with Michael. I'm not too sure what to think of Jermaine, on one hand I like him because he does a good job of defending Michael. But I also don't like the way he tries to be like Michael in his behaviour and style, and appears to be trying to recreate some of Michael's persona for himself. He should be like Jackie, Tito, Marlon and Randy who know how to be themselves in public, without trying to be like Michael. I actually think the media take Tito far more seriously, because he's just himself which isn't exactly like Michael, but you can see Michael in Tito just for that reason because they both have a loveable kindness to them that's real.

I'm sure Jermaine is very sorry and ashamed he ever recorded that song, as he's gone out of his way to defend Michael over the years. I guess that has to do with his compensating for the for releasing such a horrible song about Michael.

SexyChica

DirtyDiana87;222300 said:
OMG Yes that is the song I was refering to! WOW! How could Jermaine have wriiten a song that is so cruel. Years ago or not Michael didn't desevere that. :eek:

I couldn't believe it either when I heard that song. The revised lyrics aren't much better either you can still tell it's about Michael, even if you never heard the original version. Michael didn't deserve to be treated by his own brother like that, especially since he's been living off his brothers money and fame. It may be a stretch to make this connection but blaming Michael for getting the lead in J5 because he was more talented is like blaming God, because God gave Michael his many musical gifts. Michael was always humble about saying it was God who gave him his talents and made him where he could touch the world through music. If Michael forgave him then he's a better person than me, because it would have taken an act of God to forgive a family member who did that to me. You can see why Michael didn't trust many people, because if family can do that to you then who can you trust. JMO

DirtyDiana87

I Totally agree SexyChica. To me now knowing about that song it seems to me that Jermaine is not comfortable in his own skin. If God wanted Jermaine to be the lead in the Jackson 5 it would have happened that way. God has His own plan for everyone and I believe that Michael was exactly where God wanted him to be.