Michael Jackson surprises SMAP (I guarantee it will cheer you up)

Saphster

Just thought this would be so cool to share in case no one has seen this. I am not sure what SMAPXSMAP is....I think it is a show or a Japanese group. Well they were in for a REAL shock when Michael Jackson visited! You guys should really watch this! It is so funny and they were so nice. When Michael came out I was rolling at their reactions! (even the producers were excited about this....sometimes I wish Americans could have been this excited when it came to Michael Jackson....)

It comes in 3 parts...and also posted a transcript for peeps who can't see the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkhq0CqdQgE (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L7ehks5 ... re=related (part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3qCMVoe ... re=related (part 3)

-----------------------------------------------

SMAP show May 31st 2006 with Michael Jackson
By now, some of you might know that Michael Jackson has visited SMAPxSMAP for 10 minutes rendering the five SMAP members totally speechless.

Here's the transcript for the show thanks to Hippoko of MJJF

SMAP members are standing, totally mystified by what has happened. The music which they were singing to was suddenly stopped. Shingo Katori is lying on the floor because he got upset.

There is a writing on top left, saying “Michael appears in SMAPxSMAP as a total surprise to the members!”

Narrator: Now the meeting of a lifetime!

Masahiro Nakai: Who’s there?

Staff: Sorry, but it is somebody special.

“Beat It” starts playing.

Michael is waving at the SMAP members from upstairs.

SMAP members are standing, dropping jaws. Looking at Michael making a peace sign, they make peace signs, too.

Michael descends the stairs to the studio.

Clapping from the people in the studio. SMAP members do not know how to react.

SMAP: “This is impossible!” “I am getting goose bumps (meaning this is too great a sensation)!!!” “WOW WOW WOW”

Michael touches SMAP members’ hands with his.

The Japanese wiring on top left says, “Michael comes to SMAPxSMAP!”

Nakai: Michael Jackson?

Michael Jackson’s name is on the screen.

Nakai: Michael Jackson? Michael Jackson?

Michael: Yeah.

Members: Really? Hello.

Takuya Kimura (in green T-shirt): You are not the impersonator from Roppongi (a popular district in Tokyo), are you?

Members still cannot believe that Michael is here.

Nakai: Are you really Michael Jackson?

Michael: Yes. Very happy to be here. I enjoyed the performance. It was very nice. (Japanese interpreter translates what Michael says.)

Members: Unbelievable!

Nakai: So, our music was stopped because Michael Jackson came to the studio, wasn’t it?

Kimura: Of course they would stop the music (if Michael comes in). The music should be stopped.

Kimura: So, the staff knew all along that Michael was watching us perform, didn’t they?

Michael: Yes, I enjoyed it, very much.

Kimura: Oh, common, (the staff tricked us)!

Goro Inagaki (in while long-sleeved shirt) is smiling and in happy spirits.

Nakai: Would you like to sit here?

Kimura: Let’s change the music. Let’s play “We Are the World”.

Nakai: Tell me, tell me, what brought you here?
Is this the right microphone? Should I use this microphone? Can I talk without microphone, can I?

Staff’s voice: You can talk without the microphone.

Nakai: So, I can talk without the microphone.

Kimura: We don’t need any microphone. Our spirits are sky high and we do not need any microphone. It’s OK.

Nakai: So, what brought you here today?

(Translator makes a slight mistake in translation here, and asks Michael, “How did you get here?”)

Michael: Oh, we drove today, to see you. We drove to see you. To surprise you.

Loud clapping from the staff.

Michael: We enjoyed it.

Michael shakes hands with Nakai.

Nakai: Your hand is very beautiful.

Michael: Oh, God bless you (shakes hands with Nakai again).

Michael: Now, I am very happy to be here in Japan, and I think you are wonderful, lovely people. I mean it. Thank you for accepting me. Really.

Nakai: What is happening here?

Kimura: This is what we call “too big surprise”.

Nakai: I cannot host this program anymore (from too much excitement).

Nakai: I do not know how to proceed with the show. My mind is not working properly.

Kimura: What I think is this. The moment Michael entered the studio, you, Nakai, directly returned to yourself who went to Michael’s concert with us as a passionate fan. All you have experienced since then is somehow suspended right now.

Nakai: I just don’t know how to react. I cannot react.

Kimura: I see you can’t.

Translator says “They are happy to see you.”

Michael: Likewise.

Nakai: I cannot think of what to ask. I am totally unprepared. Do you know about us?

Michael: (Pointing at the background of the studio) It’s beautiful.

Kimura: This is called LED, a new technology we recently started using. (SMAP uses LED for their concerts, too.)

Nakai: But this device gets out of order from time to time.

Nakai: Noise gets in sometimes.

Kimura: Can I ask a question to the staff? When we were rehearsing, you told us that there were noises and we had to rehearse again. That was a lie, wasn’t it?

Nakai: You don’t need to ask question to the staff now. Let’s talk with Michael Jackson more. You are Michael Jackson, aren’t you? (He still cannot believe it.)

Katori: Me, please. When I saw Michael on the stage of the Tokyo Dome when I was 10, 11 years old, I promised myself that I would stand on the same stage as you in future. And we could do the concerts in the Tokyo Dome.

Michael: Oh, God bless you.

Michael shakes hands with Katori.

Katori: Thank you so much.

Clapping.

Katori: I can stop working from tomorrow (now that my dream has come true).

Michael laughs.

Nakai: Let’s introduce ourselves. Self-introduction. OK? Self-introduction.

Tsuyoshi Kusanagi (in yellow parker): My name is Tsuyoshi Kusanagi.

Michael and Kusanagi shake hands.

Inagaki: Goro, Goro Inagaki.

Nakai: He does your impersonation as “Oshinobi Goro (Goro incognito).”
He does sketches as Michael Jackson, and he is going to show it a little to you.

Inagaki stands up.

Kimura: Oh, we the members feel so embarrassed to see this in front of Michael Jackson. Our stomachs are turning.

Nakai explains to Michael: We will show you. We have a series of sketch called “Oshinobi Goro” or “Oshinobi Michael (Michael incognito)”.

“Oshinobi Michael” clip, in which Inagaki impersonates Michael, is shown on the screen.

Narrator: “Oshinobi Michael” is now revived after ten years now, in front of Michael Jackson himself.

Nakai: So, you should show it to Michael.

Inagaki: I had the privilege of impersonating Mr. Michael Jackson. Could you have a look?

Inagaki impersonates Michael.

Michael looks very much amused by this and enthusiastically claps hands.

Nakai: You got laughter from Michael! You got laughter from Michael!

Kimura: I think Michael understands. He is kind enough to go along with us. Michael is reading the air (meaning Michael understands their admiration for him).

Nakai: Michael’s laughter!

Inagaki: I respect you SO much!

Nakai: Let’s continue the self-introduction.

Kimura: Nice to meet you. My name is Takuya Kimura.

Michael and Kimura shake hands.

Katori: I am glad to meet you. My name is Shingo.

Michael shakes hands with Shingo.

Katori: I love you.

Michael: I love you, too.

Nakai: Did you now anything about SMAP?

Michael: I learned about them today. I enjoyed what I saw upstairs. Very very good. I just wanted to surprise you and say thank you so much for having me and God bless you and good luck on everything.

Michael shakes hands with members again.

Nakai: I like you.

Michael: I like you, too. I like you, too.

Nakai: Are you already going? Is this bye-bye?

Michael shakes hands with members.

Michael: (Looking at the background) This is great. (Walking around the studio)

Nakai: (Shouting to the staff) You should change the image on the screen for Michael. Can’t you move the image for him?

Kimura: Now, Mr. Michael Jackson is impressed by the work done by the engineers in our program. (It is said on the screen in Japanese, “Michael is showing interest in LED”)

The image of LED starts moving.

Kimura: You probably should look at it from some distance.

Shingo: Michael is asking who made this.

Michael: Thank you, thank you. (Waving at the people in the studio)

SMAP members and Michael say bye-bye to each other, shake hands again.

Members: Thank you, Michael.

Michael: God bless you.

Members: Love and Peace!

Michael: Peace! Love you!

Members: See you next time.

Michael: OK. See you next time.

Michael leaves the studio.

Narrator: Michael’s visit took the studio by storm.

SMAP members see Michael off.
Katori: His sunglasses are so cool.

Michael disappears upstairs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, what is interesting is that just today, I found out that Nakai, the leader of SMAP makes 3.5 million yen (US$30,610) per program that he hosts and he is the highest paid host among SMAP members.  He hosts around 7 programs every week so he makes a lot of money. He is no. 2 highest income earner of all entertainers in Japan.

But do you know that Michael Jackson gets paid US$200,000 for the 10 minutes appearance?    Talking about celebrity fees!

And if you do a bit of calculating, Japan has 128 million people, and the rating last week without Michael Jackson is the average 18.9% viewership. This Monday, it shot up to 22% which is considered very high in Japan. (Not as high as Kimura Takuya's best TV drama HERO at 34%  )  Fuji TV basically spent US$32 for each of the additional 3.98 million for 10 minutes of their time.  The total number of viewers watching Michael Jackson on SMAP was 28.16 million.

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/gakinme/3144024

MissSophia

Ah, I remember seeing this!  Their reactions were SO priceless and the language barrier makes me feel so embarrassed for Michael, but I love how so universal and mutual the respect that they have for each other!  Just as they respect Michael, he respected him in return and that's what makes me smile!

OneMoreChance

I've seen this before! I love the look on Michael's face. I don't know how good of a job the interpreter was doing because it looked like he was thinking "I have no idea what they are saying. Just smile and nod"

Saphster

[quote name="Jeniffer30"]
I've seen this before! I love the look on Michael's face. I don't know how good of a job the interpreter was doing because it looked like he was thinking "I have no idea what they are saying. Just smile and nod"
[/quote]

It seemed like they were talking so fast and talking so much it was hard for her to keep translating! lol

My fav part was when one of the guys told Michael "Hi my name is Shingo. I love you." LOL God I was rollin'! Then the other guy shook Michael's hand and said, "Ohhhhwowow...your hand is beautiful!" LMAO! THEN, he told him, "I like you!" and Michael is like, "Oh God bless you..I like you too." Lol! awkward but very sweet.  :p

Michael looked so fiiiine.