MJ Tribute on the BET Awards tonight!

LittleSusie50

This doesn't really deserve a thread, but I wanted you guys to see this news right away.
Prince will also receive the Lifetime Achievement Award. Should be interesting.
Pharrel just called Prince 'The King' on the red carpet.
He must be lookin' to get his teeth slapped out his mouth.
I'll keep u guys updated.
Peace,
Susie :mjeol2

LittleSusie50

Showed Michael with James Brown as a BET highlight...
Jermaine introduced Chris Brown as he paid tribute by singing Michael's slow version of TWYMMF...
All the lights went out and five or six guys had on suits that lit up as they performed a snippet of Smooth Criminal.
Chris Brown came back and did his best imitation of Billie Jean...
He attempted to sing MITM, but got too overwhelmed emotionally...he was crying.
Some of the audience started singing, and then he just walked off as the song ended.
Jermaine, of course, was waiting for him in the wings.
Interesting... :yeahright

Teva

Chris Browne did the tribute to Michael Jackson, and became unglued during his Man in the Mirror number. If he sang 4 words he sang alot, he was bawling. Maybe he is truly sorry about about the whole Rhianna episode.

Juniorlady

[quote name="LittleSusie50"]OMG!!!!!!!!!!
El Debarge!
El Debarge!
El Debarge!

I loooooove him!
He has not aged one bit!
OMG!
OMG![/quote]
Lol, his performance was random to me, no one didn't introduce him or anything.

MJfan01'

Chris Brown did Michael proud tonight! His dancing was fantastic! However his vocal's were not strong enough to sing Man in the mirror and I was about to cry when he broke down... :crying

[youtube]FV6P7oWpZu4[/youtube]

LittleSusie50

The show didn't pick up speed until the last hour!
El Debarge came back again!
My sister loooooooooooooooooved her some El Debarge!
We had it all planned out: I was gonna marry Michael, and she was gonna marry Eldra.
We had our kids names picked out and everything! Those songs brought back so many
memories of summer nights in the basement listening to Thriller and Rhythm of the Night on our record player.
We scratched the hell out of both albums, and I still have them to this day!
Queen Latifah had to leave the after party when El Debarge came in! She couldn't take it, and then he kissed her!
The Prince tribute was off the hook! And Patti Labelle! Daaaaaaamn! She killed it!
Prince was so sweet and humble!
My other sister was gonna marry him! We saw him in concert and she almost took a plug out of my thigh!
Awww man, good times. Great memories...

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Chris Brown finally gets his Michael Jackson tribute at BET Awards 2010. Amazing? Yes! Appropriate? Hmmm...
by Brad Wete

As far as I’m concerned, there’s only been one Michael Jackson tribute. Tonight (June 27) Chris Brown finally got his shot at paying homage to his fallen idol, Michael Jackson, at the BET Awards 2010. Jackson’s brother Jermaine introduced Brown, who popped up on stage in a blue shirt, black slacks, white socks, and Jackson’s trademark black loafers. It was a spot-on pull from Jackson’s look at 1988′s Grammy Awards.

He started of performing Jackson’s Bad smash “The Way You Make Me Feel” and then changed into a sequined black jacket and donned a glittered white glove for Thriller‘s “Billie Jean.” Brown’s obviously the only singer capable of doing Jackson’s moves justice. He popped, spun, and moonwalked as the “King of Pop” did for decades.

The performance’s most touching moment came when Brown started to sing Jackson’s “Man in the Mirror.” Within a few lines he got too choked up to finish the track, bursting into tears. Because last year’s BET Awards happened just days after Jackson died, they were not able to put together a proper tribute to the legend. At this time last year Brown was also dealing with the repercussions of his assault charge for beating his ex girlfriend Rihanna. Even though a Chris Brown tribute to Jackson seemed obligatory, I’m not too sure it would’ve been appropriate for the embattled talent to make the awards ceremony. A year later, people may still question BET’s rationale.

Source: http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/06/27/chri ... ards-2010/

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Chris Brown performs Jackson tribute at BET Awards

By SANDY COHEN (AP) — 50 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES – It was a night of comebacks at the BET Awards, and none more unexpected than Chris Brown performing an emotional tribute to Michael Jackson.

The embattled pop star has mostly kept a low profile since pleading guilty to felony assault for beating up Rihanna in February 2009. But here he was, center stage, mimicking Jackson's signature dance moves with almost eerie accuracy. Introduced by Jermaine Jackson, Brown embodied the King of Pop, wearing his fedora and spangled glove and moonwalking across the stage to "Billie Jean."

Then, as Brown grabbed a microphone to sing "Man in the Mirror," he broke down in tears. His voice cracked, he couldn't sing, and at one point he crumpled to the stage in apparent agony. It was a moving moment made even more so by the song's lyrics and Brown's recent past.

The 21-year-old returned to the stage later in the show when he won the AOL "fandemonium award."

"I let you all down before, but I won't do it again. I promise you," he said.

(omitted)

Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... gD9GK1O1O1

DirtyDiana87

I just seen Chris Brown' tribute to Michael on youtube, I have to say that I have issues reguarding Chris Brown for obvious reasons, but his tribute to our Michael was amazing I thought!! When he was trying to do "Man In The Mirror" I got so teary eyed. Michael would have been so proud of Chris!!

Cristine87

I have to admit, he did a really good job and I got a little emotional when he broke down. I really hope he gets help and gets it together!

LittleSusie50

The Lifetime Achievement Award for Prince was sooo long overdue. The man is a musical genius, hands down.
I was really surprised that he didn't have that honor already.
I really think that in light of Michael's passing, as well as James Brown, BET figured they
better honor Prince while he was still able to witness the accolades. :tvhorror

Teva

I 100% agree with you Susie, Prince is stellar, and he got his just rewards.

The Chris Brown performance of MITM was the right song for the right person at the right time. It was a marriage, and I hope he stays on the right track. I reminded me of what Michael was trying to say in Stranger In Moscow.

DirtyDiana87

[quote name="sunshine.larrazabal"]
When he was trying to do "Man In The Mirror" I got so teary eyed.

Me too, me too.... :crying Until I saw Jermaine's hair! :blink[/quote]

OMG, I didn't see that in the video.