NAACP Image Awards nominates Michael\'s Funeral

MJfan01'

Jackson Funeral Nominated for Image Award — Outrage Ensues

The former head of the NAACP's Beverly Hills branch has written a letter blasting the national head for allowing Michael Jackson’s televised memorial service to be nominated for the organization’s Image Award as a variety show.

"Even though entertainers did perform, it was still a memorial service/funeral to honor this young man," said former NAACP's former Beverly Hills/Hollywood Chapter president Billie J. Green in a letter to national president Ben Jealous.

The letter continues:

The NAACP’s Image Awards were created to honor people who portrayed positive images of African-Americans in the entertainment industry. This show has always been a legitimate awards presentation. Unfortunately, this recent nomination of Michael Jackson’s memorial service/funeral has resulted in the ridicule of the Image Awards as a legitimate awards show. This nomination is an embarrassment to the past and present members of the NAACP and the African-American community as a whole.

As someone who has worked closely with the NAACP to create jobs and positive images in the entertainment industry, I am truly ashamed of this recent nomination. Please see below for some additional information that I have provided for your perusal.

Thank you for your time. I hope that you can do something to correct this situation
http://eurweb.com/story/eur58573.cfm

LittleSusie50

Okay I'm sick of this $hit...
Is there some way we can get this nomination pulled?
I'm going to check their website for an email address.
We need to put a stop to this mess.
To quote Arnold S. in Terminator:
'I'll be back...':cryptic:angry::eek:hnoyoudidnt

Saphster

MJfan01';235490 said:
I'm actually not watching it. lol Precious beat out This is It for best picture. The memorial did win.

Outstanding Variety -- (Series or Special)
"The Michael Jackson Memorial: Celebrating the Life of Michael Jackson" (ABC, BET, CNN, MTV, NBC,…)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118015841.html?categoryId=13&cs=1

BASTARDS! :mad:

How could they do that **** to Michael?! Someone did this crap on purpose! :chairbeat

Michael's memorial was not some show for entertainment!! It was for closure and mourning! His daughter CRIED. How is this entertaining?! Why didn't THIS IS IT win over that Precious? THIS IS IT was for the entertainment NOT the damn memorial service!

Juniorlady

I watched the awards. They acknowledged his memory, but according to some NAACP magazine, it lists all of the nominees in different categories, and his memorial was still a nomination for outstanding variety show/special.

justice

justice;231742 said:
If so....then the morals, integrity, respect, humanity, compassion is dead
in america. I will not believe that the NAACP will do something like this...then again...ratings!

YUP!!!