NAACP Image Awards nominates Michael\'s Funeral

Juniorlady

I was listening to the radio today, and they were talking about the Real Housewives of Atlanta being nominated for a NAACP Image Award. Why? I don't know. Here's where it gets interesting. My mom came home from work today and told me that she heard that Michael Jackson's funeral is nominated in the "Best Variety show" category. Isn't this some bull****? Then my brother got the nerve to say that it was[/] a show because of all the different people that were there. Before I could argue with him, mama told not to even bother; he don't listen. Now why would they make a choice like this? What do you guys think?

Saphster

I hope this is a prank because that would be such a huge insult to the Jackson Family. I'm sure his mother won't appreciate that $hit at all.

justice

Saphster;231733 said:
I hope this is a prank because that would be such a huge insult to the Jackson Family. I'm sure his mother won't appreciate that $hit at all.

If so....then the morals, integrity, respect, humanity, compassion is dead
in america. I will not believe that the NAACP will do something like this...then again...ratings!

HeavenSent

It's not the funeral, but the Memorial Service. Still...what the hell?

http://www.naacpimageawards.net/41/nominees-and-voting/nominees/

Outstanding Variety — (Series or Special)
"BET Awards 2009" (BET)
"Bill Cosby: The Kennedy Center Mark Twain Prize for American Humor" (PBS)
"Michael Jackson Memorial Service" (ABC, BET, CNN, MTV, NBC)
"Wanda Sykes: I'ma Be Me" (HBO)
"We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial" (HBO)

The NAACP really reaches with their nominations every year and every year, it's wtf? Are you serious? If you were a person of color, you were nominated.

MJfan01'

Can you imagine if the memorial wins. What are they suppose to say Michael would have loved this. Oh wait, no he wouldn't. He would have loved to be a live. :blink:

Cristine87

MJfan01';231795 said:
Can you imagine if the memorial wins. What are they suppose to say Michael would have loved this. Oh wait, no he wouldn't. He would have loved to be a live. :blink:

Seriously! What the hell is that acceptance speech gonna be like?

Shannon

Cristine87;231799 said:
Seriously! What the hell is that acceptance speech gonna be like?

''If it wasn't for Michael Jackson's death, none of this would have happen. Cheers, man.''

HeavenSent

I more I sit on this, the more disgusted I am. What are they gonna do, run takes from the eulogies?! They're making it seem like the Memorial was for entertainment and that's what angers me so much. It was a solemn affair and needs to be held sacred. It wasn't for ratings or to outmanuever another network, it was to pay tribute. To memorialize!

I know Michael supported the NAACP when he was alive, but this is NO way to reciprocate. If they want to honor him, take this off the list and start over. There is NO way this can be good.

Shannon

Seems like Kenny Ortega is the only one who is happy about this. This is what he said via Twitter:

KennyOrtegaBlog MICHAEL JACKSON's MEMORIAL and the THIS IS IT film were both nominated today for NAACP Image Awards Bravo MICHAEL, Long live the KING!

HeavenSent

Shannon;231810 said:
Seems like Kenny Ortega is the only one who is happy about this. This is what he said via Twitter:

KennyOrtegaBlog MICHAEL JACKSON's MEMORIAL and the THIS IS IT film were both nominated today for NAACP Image Awards Bravo MICHAEL, Long live the KING!

He don't know nothing these days. He's just a happy jack. Sometimes, I wish he'd tone it down!

oldschoolfan

"I'd like to thank Michael Jackson for dying, and of course Dr. Conrad Murray. Without you none of this would be possible."

Shannon

HeavenSent;231813 said:
He don't know nothing these days. He's just a happy jack. Sometimes, I wish he'd tone it down!

Exactly, it is getting to the point where he appears like nothing but a deceitful friend who's loving the money he's making before his supposed friend. He seems so truthful in so many of his interviews, but it still feels...I don't know. Two-faced.

Cristine87

HeavenSent;231806 said:
They're making it seem like the Memorial was for entertainment and that's what angers me so much.

Unfortunately, Carla, the whole hysteria following MJ's death seemed like nothing more than entertainment. Michael's death is probably the most devastating thing that I've ever felt, as was the same for alot of us, but the aftermath just really blew my mind. All these fake ass friends popping out of the woodwork acting devastated, the whole drama surrounding his burial (the man didn't get laid to rest for over two months), the fake ass custody "battle" over the kids, the endless speculation over his finances and his estate, the too little, too late never-ending tributes, this whole we-love-MJ-now-that-he's-dead pop culture movement, etc. It's been like one big ass show and it's ridiculous! I wouldn't be surprised if his spirit was walking around in limbo while all this bullsh*t was going on. How could he rest in peace? Michael was a man and I get pissed when people treat him as if he's just a wind-up doll that's there for their amusement!

LittleSusie50

Huh?
Are they out of their minds?
So Michael will possibly win because he died?
Who's gonna accept the award, Murray?
Lord have mercy on these people...Christ...