Nelson George comments about new Jackson project

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I received a message today from an Michael Jackson fan about an on line rumor that I was writing something for an up coming release from the Gloved One. Well, that is one internet rumor with some truth to it. I've penned liner notes for a four CD set of Jackson's work that will be released this fall by Sony. While my final notes are still subject to approval, I can say flatly that this will be the most comprehensive collection of his work ever to appear. Jackson FIve, Jacksons, and Michael's long list of solo hits are all included.

But the unexpected gems are the many unreleased tracks (many of which date back to the '80s and early '90s), original masters of records later issued with radically different arrangements, such as "PYT (Pretty Young Thing)," a tasty remix and demos of several hits, including a raw deom of "Shake Your Body" and a fascinating version of "We Are the World" sung by Michael alone.

Those who know my career will recall it was jump started twenty years when I did a quickie paperback bio of Michael Jackson that made the NY Times bestseller list. I was always a little uncomfortable with the book's success, since I felt it didn't truly reflect my writing or critical style. For much of the '90s I refused to do any interviews about Jackson or write about him, prefering to write about new artistic movements and personalities and not join tabloid feeding frenzy aaround his face, sex life and money. Now I am very proud to have returned to writing about one of the most dominant personalities in popular music history and, in a rarity these days, actually wrote about him as a singer, songwriter, arranger and producer.

I hope that fully answer the question.

:nav Source: http://www.nelsongeorge.com/blog/

HeavenSent

OOOOOH! Interesting!

But the unexpected gems are the many unreleased tracks (many of which date back to the '80s and early '90s), original masters of records later issued with radically different arrangements, such as "PYT (Pretty Young Thing)," a tasty remix and demos of several hits, including a raw deom of "Shake Your Body" and a fascinating version of "We Are the World" sung by Michael alone.
Damn, can you imagine?! "We Are The World" solo....

privacy

Oh my ****ing God!!! I can't WAIT for this!!

I can't wait to hear all the different arrangements of songs we already know... We Are The World solo..unreleased tracks.. DAYUMMMMM!!

Ok.. maybe I'm just emotional.. but my eyes are forming tears..lol

A

Anonymous

Wow, that's going to be expensive! lol

But yes, I can't wait. Anything music realated from Michael is great! :)

ThrillerGirl_

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
Wow, that's going to be expensive! lol

But yes, I can't wait. Anything music realated from Michael is great! :)

:cryptic *starts to save money* damn i have no money right now... well whatever I AM going to buy it

minnie michael

awwwww we are the world sing by Michael aloneee... awwwwww faint.. dream will be come ture soon..awwww save money from now on...awww