New MJ Trading Card Set by Panini America to Debut

sushigirl28

Panini launches Michael Jackson-Worn Memorabilia Trading Cards

June 13, 2011

jacksonmem1.jpg

Leading trading card manufacturer Panini America purchased history-soaked pieces of Michael’s clothing at auction two years ago and cut them up! The clothes, they were worn by Michael Jackson himself from 1971 through 1974 during many memorable performances, including The Flip Wilson Show, American Bandstand, Soul Train, and televised specials anchored by such luminaries as Bob Hope and Diana Ross.

As a result, fans and collectors everywhere will have the opportunity to own pieces of Michael’s clothing when the company’s Official Michael Jackson Trading Card Set hits stores next week.

“We’re thrilled to be able to partner with the Jackson estate in an official capacity to honor Michael’s memory and his legendary career with this truly unique trading card set,” said Panini America CEO Mark Warsop. “We’ve been working diligently for more than two years to bring this set to market, and we’re confident that the inclusion of Jackson-worn memorabilia will make this a product unlike any other we’ve ever produced.”

The Official Michael Jackson Trading Card Set will be available starting next week at Target stores in America and at the Panini America Online Store.

Panini America Blog Here

Some more pics:

jacksonshirt8collage.jpg

jacksonshirt7collage.jpg

jacksonshirt4collage.jpg

jacksonshirt3collage.jpg

jacksonshirt1collage.jpg

jacksonlivedualcollage.jpg

eclecticcollage.jpg

jacksonmem5.jpg

OMG!!!! How could they chop up that baby's beautiful clothes?!! Oh, I wouldn't have the heart!! *faint* But OMG, what an inventive idea! *See Autumn, this is why I told you Target was so cool!* :rollin Here I come Target, Battle-axe Sush! :giddy :giddy :greenlaugh

xo

sushigirl28

@ Autumn and Juniorlady: YAAAY!!!!! :woot2 Victory shall be yours!! :giddy

Dialdancer said:
This seems to be some of his costumes during the J5 era, but I still don't like it.

How come? B/c it's sad that they didn't preserve them?

xo