New Points System Info : Update #2

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
New Points System

There is a new points system currently in place here.

You can access the Shop here:
http://community.mjeol.com/ishop.php

To donate stuff to other members:
http://community.mjeol.com/ishop.php?do=donate

NOTES ABOUT THE SHOP
1. It's still new, so I'm still adding icons like more ribbons or cute little images you can spend your points on.
2. You can donate stuff (ribbons, icons, etc), not points like in the other system.
3. You get 15 points for starting a new thread (not spam)
4. You get 5 points per reply (not spam) unless I increase it later. You get 10 points per reply (not spam).
5. Your "purchases" will show up next to or under your username if you're using an up-to-date theme
6. If your post is deleted, you lose those points. So make your posts count by not spamming and by not posting solely to increase your points! :D
7. You can sell your stuff back to the store for a substantially reduced price. I know! I know! I thought that was pretty terrible too! :lol You should at least get to set your sell price. :p

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
About points system: God. This is really getting on my nerves.

Ok. What I need you guys to do now is check to see how many points you have now. Someone at the VB mod boards recommended another transfer script that is supposed to pull your points from the old system and put them in the new. Check to see if it worked.

Shannon

No, the points are still far from what we used to have. :( Thanks for trying though, whisper.

Only one question. Why is the MJ Level 4 picture fake? LOL. Level 1, 2, and 3 seems okay, but Level 4 is photoshopped and at least to me looks far from real. Is it? :blink:

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Shannon;189205 said:
No, the points are still far from what we used to have. :( Thanks for trying though, whisper.

Only one question. Why is the MJ Level 4 picture fake? LOL. Level 1, 2, and 3 seems okay, but Level 4 is photoshopped and at least to me looks far from real. Is it? :blink:
Did they increase at all though? Mine increased from 5,000 to 20,000.

Shannon

whisper;189207 said:
Did they increase at all though? Mine increased from 5,000 to 20,000.

Nothing happened to my points at least, not any more than fifty points more or something, if anything.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Shannon;189223 said:
Nothing happened to my points at least, not any more than fifty points more or something, if anything.
Veronica do you remember how many points you had before so I'll know about how many times I'll have to run the script?

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
whisper;189224 said:
Veronica do you remember how many points you had before so I'll know about how many times I'll have to run the script?
Ok. The guy who's working on the script says he is "supposed to" release an update later today (or tomorrow) that would allow the admin to manually add/delete points. So IF that works, at least I'll be able to manually change your point totals hopefully.

Shannon

whisper;189224 said:

Awww, whisper, thanks but I had too many points that you probably would have to run the script x numbers of times since I had over 500,000. If you can't manually add points, I believe it would be most fair to let everyone start from scratch again.