Offical 31st May 2005 Thread: No court today, just discussion about instru.

Drizzl

Even when Mike is acquitted the DA will try something. He doesn't know the meaning of "Just give it up already!"

sistahlamb

If Michael is aquitted there is no way in hell that the prosecution can try that case agian.

Sneddon will just have to live with it.

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by sistahlamb
If Michael is aquitted there is no way in hell that the prosecution can try that case agian.

Sneddon will just have to live with it.

Absolutely! It called Double Jeopardy. If a person is charged with a crime and is aquitted, they can't retire or press charges against that person for the same crime.

ThrillerGirl_

Sneddon is too damn hard headed.. at least when it comes to Michael. He just HAS to humiliate or hurt him in some way. He doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. When Michael is aquitted, they just have to accept it. Bastards.
I have a bad feeling about the media though, at least over here in Sweden. Even if Michael will be free, they'll still twist it somehow and make it look bad. *sigh*

ThrillerGirl_

Can't wait 'til Sneddon retires! A DA like that doesn't deserve that job. He'll retire in SHAME. His 'case' was a joke, like the previous one was too.

SpecialJanet25

No matter when or if Michael wins, the press will always think he got away with because he's a celebrity and is rich. Remember this ThrillerGirl, that this whole saga is a modern day witch-hunt. Michael may never be the same but at least he will survived and finally be able to move on with his life.

neweo

Originally posted by SpecialJanet25
Absolutely! It called Double Jeopardy. If a person is charged with a crime and is aquitted, they can't retire or press charges against that person for the same crime.
too bad it's not like that in Canada - they took a guy (Guy Paul Morin) to court 4 times until they bankrupted him and wrongly convicted him. Only DNA evidence years later let him free.

ThrillerGirl_

Yeah, whatever the press may say after this, we shall ignore it, at least we know the truth and he will be free. That's all that matters. The media will continue to hunt him to the last day. We gotta live with that.

Cristine87

No matter when or if Michael wins, the press will always think he got away with because he's a celebrity and is rich. Remember this ThrillerGirl, that this whole saga is a modern day witch-hunt. Michael may never be the same but at least he will survived and finally be able to move on with his life.
I personally do not care. This is about more than what the media says or what the haters think. This is about Michael's kids, his family, his closest friends, his fans & all the people who love & care about him & how much they'll suffer. We don't want to see him behind bars. As long as Michael is free, I'm happy! He doesn't deserve jail for being generous & trusting!

Tiger Lilly

After what Joe has said, does anyone kinda feel Michael was "cheated" out of speaking for himself on the stand, especially since we know he wanted to...?

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by Cristine87
I personally do not care. This is about more than what the media says or what the haters think. This is about Michael's kids, his family, his closest friends, his fans & all the people who love & care about him & how much they'll suffer. We don't want to see him behind bars. As long as Michael is free, I'm happy! He doesn't deserve jail for being generous & trusting!

That's the thing. Its his generous and naiveness that got him into this mess. Of course he can should kindness to his family, friends, and his children, but if you too generous to strangers, they can easily take advantage of you. I don't care if he doesn't makes another album or tour. I want him to get his life back on track and this horrible nightmare is finally put behind him.

sistahlamb

Just so I'm clear, they're done with that for today right?

Yep.

Closing arguments won't start until Thursday because instuctions will be given to the jury tomorrow.

I don't think anything interesting will happen tomorrow.

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by sistahlamb
Yep.

Closing arguments won't start until Thursday because instuctions will be given to the jury tomorrow.

I don't think anything interesting will happen tomorrow.

No, Closing arguments starts tomorrow!

minnie michael

Originally posted by Cristine87

yesyesyes.. my heart is broken to pieces after reading papa joe's interview..and about Mike's kids..they donot know this trouble they are protected from those evil things..and every morning they wake up and wave out the windows when Mike was leaving..my God...i am crying my heart is broken on the floor..i am not scared right now... i am outraged i am crazy i am a killer i wanna kill that evil seeeddddonnn right now.**** his mother..and that crazy januts..

that seeeddon wanna accused Mike of drinking wine..that beast is scared of lacking of evidence..and cos this is a non-case..that beast has no confidence that beast is desperate..i hate IT so much..

i am sure Mez will do a super good job tomorrow and give that 12 people the last lesson let them see the truth clearly..i am has 100000000000% confidence in that 12 people..i am sure they are human beings has beautiful hearts..i wanna tell that 12 people here..plz set Mike freee...i would love to be your servants if you guys make the right choice..please..

Mike deserves a clear name...i still believe in my gut feeling..he will be free this week, right now let's cross our fingers..and pray for Mike like crazy..this is the most important time in my life..i have NEVER NEVER NEVER been throught like this..its very very hard to me..tears..

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by minnie michael
yesyesyes.. my heart is broken to pieces after reading papa joe's interview..and about Mike's kids..they donot know this trouble they are protected from those evil things..and every morning they wake up and wave out the windows when Mike was leaving..my God...i am crying my heart is broken on the floor..i am not scared right now... i am outraged i am crazy i am a killer i wanna kill that evil seeeddddonnn right now.**** his mother..and that crazy januts..

that seeeddon wanna accused Mike of drinking wine..that beast is scared of lacking of evidence..and cos this is a non-case..that beast has no confidence that beast is desperate..i hate IT so much..

i am sure Mez will do a super good job tomorrow and give that 12 people the last lesson let them see the truth clearly..i am has 100000000000% confidence in that 12 people..i am sure they are human beings has beautiful hearts..i wanna tell that 12 people here..plz set Mike freee...i would love to be your servants if you guys make the right choice..please..

Mike deserves a clear name...i still believe in my gut feeling..he will be free this week, right now let's cross our fingers..and pray for Mike like crazy..this is the most important time in my life..i have NEVER NEVER NEVER been throught like this..its very very hard to me..tears..

It hard on all of us, Minnie. This has been two years of hell. Why did this had to happen? This is a modern day witch-hunt, but the nightmare will finally come to an end. Although, we should all hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Let's keep praying for Michael, his children and the entire Jackson Family, especially his mother, Katherine. Let all hope God will guide us all to a positive, speedy end to witch-hunt nightmare.

abbymjgirl

Yup! Gavin and Star were stealing the wine and stuff when Mikey wasn't even there at Neverland Ranch! I'm certain that the jury will look and examine the "evidence" carefully and come to the conclusion that the Arvizo family is just plain...BAD.

A

Anonymous

No, Closing arguments starts tomorrow!

They've been changed to start on Thursday.

Jackson Deliberations May Begin This Week
By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent
1 hour, 29 minutes ago

Michael Jackson stayed home Tuesday while lawyers and the judge in his child molestation trial tried to work out the instructions the jury will receive before beginning deliberations, likely this week.

After a day of wrangling, Judge Rodney S. Melville said he would finish Wednesday morning, bring jurors in at noon and instruct them, then have closing arguments begin Thursday.

Jackson was not present for the discussion of what should be contained in jury instructions.

One instruction approved by the judge addressed the importance of the TV documentary "Living With Michael Jackson," in which Jackson's future accuser appeared with Jackson and the pop star said he allowed children to sleep in his bed in an innocent, non-sexual way.

"I'm willing to give .... the instruction, 'The video of Living With Michael Jackson is not offered for the truth of what is said except for certain identified passages,'" the judge said. "'The rest is considered hearsay and you can only consider that it aired and its impact if any on Mr. Jackson.'"

The passages the judge referred to were not specified in open court.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys also argued over how jurors should weigh the credibility of a witness and also debated what the jury should be told about judging Jackson based on the past allegations against him.

Judge Rodney S. Melville said he would tell the jurors they could consider the alleged past acts if they "tend to show intent" on Jackson's part with regard to the crimes with which he is actually charged.

However, the jurors will have to decide whether the allegations of past acts – which never resulted in any criminal charges – were true.

"Evidence has been introduced for the purpose of showing the defendant committed crimes other than those for which he is on trial," the approved instructions read. "This evidence, if believed, may be considered by you only for the limited purpose of deciding if it tends to show a characteristic plan or scheme to commit acts."

Melville also agreed to tell the jurors that they are entitled to reject the testimony of a witness who is willfully false in any material fact, but are not required to do so if they feel the witness is truthful in other regards.

The allegations against Jackson that he gave his accuser wine will be under a separate category called "lesser included offenses," which would allow jurors to find Jackson guilty of a misdemeanor of giving liquor to a minor even if he were acquitted of molestation.

The original indictment against Jackson alleged that alcohol was administered to assist in the alleged molestation.

Jackson, 46, is charged with molesting the then-13-year-old boy in February or March 2003, giving him wine and conspiring to hold his family captive to get them to rebut a damaging documentary about the pop star.

The arguments over the jury instructions droned on for hours.

"Your honor, if we had televised today's proceedings we could have deterred an entire generation of kids from going to law school," defense attorney Robert Sanger said.

Later, in discussion of a new instruction that jurors may not bring cell phones into deliberations, Sanger quipped, "That replaced the old one that had to do with bringing Ouija boards in."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050531/ap_en_...2VrBHNlYwNlbg--