Official April 13 2005 Thread

sistahlamb

OK, the accuser's stepfather will finish his testimony from yesterday and then finally the mother will finally take the stand.
But it's been said that she will not testify because of supposed legal problams she will face if she does, which has also been recently said are resolved now so she still may testify.

Personally, if I were on that jury and the mother was for a fact not going to testify, I would be pissed off because I don't think I would be able to decide my virdict if I did'nt hear from the most important witness in this trial.

But I'm still not completly sure if she will for a fact testify at any time during this trial so we'll just have to wait and see.

HeavenSent

Originally posted by sistahlamb
But it's been said that she will not testify because of supposed legal problams she will face if she does, which has also been recently said are resolved now so she still may testify.

What legal problems? This is the part I don't get.

tannel

Originally posted by HeavenSent
What legal problems? This is the part I don't get.

Janet, the accuser's mother, committed welfare fraud. She accepted welfare money she was not entitled to receive.

Pugsbuni

I read on another forum that a guest on Greta last nite mentioned that Sneddon could go to the LA DA and ask for immunity for the skank mother against the welfare fraud. First, I don't think that is going to fly. Tax payers would be pissed that this bitch made lots of money of tax payers and is getting away with it. I also don't think that the DA in LA can legally make that call.

sistahlamb

OK, I just read that she will certainly take the stand today but will plead the 5th on the issue of her welfare fraud.

This was stated last night on Fox Network, Greta Van Susteran.

Well the reason the mother who will be testifying hopefully today, has pleaded the 5th on child welfare fraud. Apparantly she had received a settlement from JC Penny ( media statements) and continued to collect her welfare checks. She is afraid if she speaks about his. It may come back to haunt her down the road later. The prosecution and defense have to find a way to change the wording of questions if asked and if accepted by Judge Melville today. Otherwise she's not going to talk...and there goes Sneddon's case...

Aaliyah

r80626285.jpg

r613332521.jpg

r1407556452.jpg

sistahlamb

What time does court begin?
In Santa Maria, I mean.
It's Wednesday 11:07 am where I'm at.
I guess court begins at 8:30 or 9:00 right?

Aaliyah

Originally posted by sistahlamb
What time does court begin?
In Santa Maria, I mean.
It's Wednesday 11:07 am where I'm at.
I guess court begins at 8:30 or 9:00 right?

it begins at 8:30

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Contribute

Vids from April 12 2005

>>Court TV: Bill Bastone April 12 2005
Version: .wmv
Submitted Date: 2005/4/13
Description:
Air date: April 12 2005

Bill Bastone (thesmokinggun.com)
-talks about how prosecution may handle Janet Arvizo's testimony
-says at the grand jury, she testified longer than any other witness
-says they may do with her what they did with Katz
-brings up the part that the allegations from 1993 and now isn't all that similar
-says there's huge chunks of time that this family wasn't around Jackson

>>Court TV: Guthrie + Jim Moret talk while Jackson arrives April 12 2005

Description:

report from Guthrie about Bob Jones and Dwayne Swingler
-Swingler couldn't ID Deiter Weisner
-when shown a pic of Weisner, he says he's never seen him in his life
-admitted on the stand that he's writing a book and wanted to cash-in like everybody else was

Jim Mored comments while Jackson arrives
-says he doesn't think 1993 accuser's mother was enough
-says Swingler actually helped the defense

Paul Martin
-says he has a problem with prosecutor brining in all these 3rd party witnesses even though he has no problem with alleged accusers

>>Larry King Live: Raymone Bain April 12 2005
Description:

Raymone Bain on Larry King Live

MystiqueX2004

I have a question...How is it fair to allow past "alleged bad acts" on Michael, but yet the prosecution is fighting to keep the court from allowing past bad acts, which are PROVEN, on the mother? where is the fairness in that? :nonono: