Official April 14 2005

A

Anonymous

Damn, Sneddon sure is taking his time with this woman.

This is getting crazy, Mesereau being called a liar?

..and why would the prosecution call the mother and then call more 1108 witnesses?

sunny2005

Originally posted by sunny2005
now im confused, skynews says no and now ctv says a few more witnesses. jeez, when is this insane case going to end?
this is for sneddy :buttkiss:
i mean sneddy and diane :buttkiss: :buttkiss:

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Mike is leaving the courtroom laughing. :lol: He took the umbrella from his umbrell-dude and used it to kind of shield the wind that was blowing.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by whisper
Mike is leaving the courtroom laughing. :lol: He took the umbrella from his umbrell-dude and used it to kind of shield the wind that was blowing.

What?! So he actually held it himself for once? :tooexcite

:laugh

What exactly are these tapes?

Tiger Lilly

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
What exactly are these tapes?
Shock, horror, I bet they're of one of Mike's wannabe mafia guys FOLLOWING G-mama into a ROOM! Oh the scandal, I can hardly take it!

:popcorn :sneddoncrybaby :lol:

MJISHOT

Originally posted by whisper

awwwww :inlove

sistahlamb

OK, they were tapes or some kind of home movies made by Jackson that had alot of footage of the family.
I don't know I'm probably wrong.
Anyway the prosecution was wnating to show an edited compilation of these videos and Meserau objected to it.
They had a very brief argument about it in the courtroom and then pros. Zonan comprimised and said that they will show each individual tape but they need to be delivered.

HotMJ!

:crackingu :crackingu :crackingu

More jurors are dropping out! (And dropping OFF! ....ZZZzzzzzz !) :crackingu :crackingu :crackingu

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,153414,00.html
Thursday, April 14, 2005
By Roger Friedman

Accuser's Mom Running From 'the Killers'

The performance in court yesterday by the mother of the accuser in Michael Jackson's child molestation trial was a memorable one. It continues today.

Since Janet Arvizo married her boyfriend, U.S. Army Major Jay Jackson, she now prefers to be called Janet Jackson. You can't fault her for wanting to take her husband's name, but there is nevertheless a weird aspect to this in a time of celebrity stalking.

In her previous marriage, she hyphenated her maiden and married names, and was called Janet Ventura-Arvizo. It does make you wonder why she's not Janet Ventura-Jackson now.

Court began yesterday with two simultaneous huddles: prosecutors on the left and defense attorneys, plus Michael Jackson, on the right. Missing altogether was Brian Oxman, aka the sleeping lawyer. His absence was otherwise not notable.

Michael Jackson's only guest for the day was his mother Katherine, who was well turned out in a smart lavender suit. She took copious notes.

Cross-examination of Jay Jackson continued just a day after his public humiliation. Yesterday, he admitted that he only found out about his new wife's JCPenney lawsuit and six-figure judgment "in the press."

He also said that he had never heard the audiotape in which his now wife, then girlfriend, and her kids waxed poetic about Michael Jackson as a father figure.

Jay Jackson also seemed surprised to hear that Janet had several bank accounts. He'd been putting her welfare checks through his checking account because "she didn't even have a checkbook."

Ouch! He didn't understand that Arvizo had also at one time been getting her rent money from him and Mark Geragos, but had been forgiven entirely by her landlord. Ouch again! Look for these two on "Dr. Phil" soon.

It did turn out the aforementioned huddles concerned Arvizo, who decided to invoke the Fifth Amendment rather than incriminate herself for welfare fraud.

Interestingly, the state bailed on her right away. With the jury temporarily dismissed, prosecutor Ron Zonen told the judge: "We're not terribly interested in giving a grant of immunity."

Huh? After two years of working with Arvizo to get their case to this point, Zonen et al. let her swing in the Santa Maria wind.

Judge Rodney Melville heard discussion from both sides, ruled against a mistrial and wound up reading the jury a statement telling them that essentially Arvizo was a welfare cheat, but that they shouldn't let that affect their thinking.

And then came Arvizo herself. Her testimony was emotional, tearful, comic, raucous, inappropriate, determined and completely out there. The jury tuned out pretty fast. Some took notes, but most looked around the room, doodled or napped. It was not a good moment for the prosecution.

Sensing this, Zonen often chastised his own witness for volubility. Defense attorney Tom Mesereau, who previously had never seen an objection he didn't like, remained mute. He was happy to let Arvizo just carry on and dig her own grave one shovelful at a time.

There were perhaps three highlights of Arvizo's testimony: She welled up for no apparent reason when Zonen asked her to describe her one-room apartment in East Los Angeles. Just before her recollection of the private plane flight from Miami to Santa Barbara, during which she claimed to see Michael Jackson licking the head of her then 13-year-old son, she burst out in tears and exclaimed, "Don't judge me!"

But Arvizo's greatest moment came during her citing of a phrase she said Jackson and his associates uttered to her over and over: She must "appease the killers."

Who were these killers? Whom did they want to kill? We still don't know.

The prosecution played a tape recording of a phone call between Jackson aide Frank Tyson and Arvizo that was supposed to reveal the way Jackson's camp struck fear into Arvizo's heart. We all leaned in for a mention of the killers, but none came.

Tyson worked hard in the call (or calls) to convince Arvizo to return to Neverland, but there were none of the promised threats, just dull manipulation. Sadly, it was Arvizo who came off upside down and cloying, calling Michael Jackson "family" and repeatedly saying, "Family never leaves family behind. We're family."

She also repeated one of her trademark phrases: "When someone knocks on the door, it's either subpoenas or the killers."

Arvizo also gave a very physical performance, snapping her fingers in the air several times, holding her head in her hands, making dramatic noises and sighing loudly to punctuate nearly every answer, including the story of how she went for a leg waxing at a local salon during the time she claimed to be held against her will at Neverland.

Today she'll be back and possibly face cross-examination. That could include her tales of shopping sprees and manicures during her alleged kidnapping, the interview she denies she gave to British tabloid reporters and the reason why she let her son sleep in Michael Jackson's room after she saw the singer lick his head on an airplane.

:crackingu :crackingu :crackingu

:sneddoncr Sobbing Sneddon

AJ&MJACKSON

did anyone here about micheal and having to sell the beatles catalog is it true?? i read it on fox on the roger friedman section

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Abrams report:
Yeah, Taibbi did say on Abrams that in none of the tapes played in court is there any reference by Frank or Asef or anyone else about "killers". And he said in the tape played today with Asef, no where on the tape is Asef threatening the mother, threatening her parents, etc.

And even Abrams says it sounds like she's working WITH him to tape the interview and that she was already worried that she was being investigated too for being a "bad mother".

I think she asked Asef to help her record that interview just in case they tried to take her kids.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by AJ&MJACKSON
did anyone here about micheal and having to sell the beatles catalog is it true?? i read it on fox on the roger friedman section
Don't bring that up in here. That is right now more ramblings of Friedman who has been writing the same thing at least since 2002.

Please stay ON TOPIC.

HeavenSent

I'm just barely getting caught up w/today's developments. I must say, I LOVED Michael's demeanor outside of court. Laughing. :D And to think the cross starts tomorrow.

Janet, by all accounts, is a certified Loony. We all knew that. And she'll keep proving us right when Mez gets a hold of her.

I keep asking myself why this woman and her demon kids are the core of this dumb ass trial. They got the jury smirking and not taking notes...I mean is there any credibility? Cynthia Bell was about the only witness I've seen who seemed to be telling the truth. But everyone else? They're the reason Michael can't go on with his life. It's unbelievable.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
:camera Abrams Report: Taibbi + Horowitz Re: Janet Arvizo testimony April 14 2005 A

Submitted Date: 2005/4/14
Description:
Air date: April 14 2005

Report from Mike Taibbi
Abrams plays snippets of the tape that was heard by the jury today
-the tape was played in it's entirety

Taibbi says that NO WHERE on the tape is Asef (the person the mother claimed threatened her) threatening her.
-says Asef never mentioned anything about "killers" or Arvizo's parents

Abrams says it does sound on the tape like the mother is working with Asef to help record the interview