Official April 25 2005 Thread

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Mike Taibbi (MSNBC) said apparently Oxman was talking to people and he talked to Paul Barresi apparently w/o the defense's knowledge. Barresi taped that interview, I guess secretly, and was offering it around to different reporters for sale. So Oxman was a loose cannon running around talking to people -- albeit in possibly in good faith-- but it apparently caught up with him with Barresi's taping the interview.

knightrider3000

:hitting NEXT ON INSIDE EDITION The Ex-factor
Michael Jackson arrived to court today to hear the last batch of witnesses as the prosecution wraps up their case. But as Inside Edition reports, he is most likely bracing himself for what could be a bombshell on Wednesday, when it's expected his once loyal ex-wife Debbie Rowe will take the stand as the final prosecution witness.

Gees

" as the final prosecution witness" So that means only her that all :D

Cristine87

Originally posted by Tabloid Junkie

25/04/2005 20:32:28 Michael Jackson Expected To Win Trial
Michael Jackson is headed for a big win at his high-profile child molestation trial, according to a lawyer closely watching the case.

In an interview with CTV's Canada AM on Monday, Steven Skurka said that, so far, the pop star appears to have the upper hand.

"This may surprise you, but right now Michael Jackson isn't just winning this case, he's winning it by lot," the Canada AM legal analyst said, basing his prediction on a series of critical prosecution errors.

Their biggest mistake, Skurka said, was to link allegations the 46-year-old pop star molested a young fan, to claims the accuser's whole family had been held hostage at Neverland Ranch.

When the accuser's mother took to the stand with those claims, she "turned out to be a wacky witness who lied under oath," Skurka added.

"She was so bad that the prosecution had to try to call an expert witness to say the reason she was so paranoid, the reason she was so dishonest, is because she was abused."
Thank You! What they're alleging, especially when it comes to this conspiracy charge is really out there. They're making Michael out to be some crime boss who uses his money & power to keep people at bay & who's thug's terrorize poor vulnerable families in to doing whatever he wants. The whole thing sounds like the plot to some friday night movie.

sistahlamb

I havea feeling that today was a pretty stressful day at court. I mean, there was the debbie rowe testimony motions and then Brian Oxman leaving the defence team and then that Abdool guys tesimony on top of all that.

I think the reason Brian Oxman left the defence team was so that he could testify when the defence presents thier case. He must have some info on this case that will weaken the prosecutions case even more but they just might request for a motion to not allow him to testify.
We'll just wait and see.

I don't think the defence is worried about Debbie Rowes testimony which I think is tomorrow. Based on Jim Moret's reports, I don't think her testim. will last for more than a day at the most for these reasons:
*she signed a confidentialality(mp) agreemant with Michael
*she never lived with Michael during thier marriage so what dirt does she have on him?
*she won't be able to speak about her children, which is what the prosecution was hoping for

I don't think she can actually say that she saw Michael doing anything innapropiate with children because I'm positive that she would have turned him in by now.

HeavenSent

Originally posted by sistahlamb
I think the reason Brian Oxman left the defence team was so that he could testify when the defence presents thier case.

No...per MSNBC, and posted earlier:

Mike Taibbi (MSNBC) said apparently Oxman was talking to people and he talked to Paul Barresi apparently w/o the defense's knowledge. Barresi taped that interview, I guess secretly, and was offering it around to different reporters for sale. So Oxman was a loose cannon running around talking to people -- albeit in possibly in good faith-- but it apparently caught up with him with Barresi's taping the interview.

A

Anonymous

I don't understand why anyone would believe that Michael thought he could send this family to another country and totally get rid of them.

What kind of bullshit is that? This isn't some damn action movie.

It's not like he was sending them to some third world country with bullets flying left and right. I bet the defense will bring more information about that, maybe even information about hotels and crap that they would have stayed at had they gone.

This family is on record saying they planned to travel the world with Michael. So?

Please.

Be happy your ass was getting a free ride on a out of the country vacation.

If Michael planned on just leaving them, he wouldn't have gone with them. He would have just hired his henchman to drop them off at the airport and abandon them.

DAMN! I can't get over this...wtf, :hello!! Even if Michael had done what they say...what about a f*cking phone!? I don't know but, I THINK you can call outside the country in Brazil... :extremely

This is some bullshit. So if that wh*re Montgomery testifys that there was a one way ticket...so the f*ck what. That would mean Michael didn't plan on coming back either....right? Kiss my ass, Michael has money...he could have easily booked a flight back while he was there.

I feel like hurting all these people.

I mean what the f*ck is Michael? Is he the ultimate mastermind of conspiracy or is he some dumb twat that climbs trees? Make up your f*cking minds!!!!!!!!!!!!

:screaming :hitting :writing:

marialovesmjj

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
I don't understand why anyone would believe that Michael thought he could send this family to another country and totally get rid of them.

It's not like he was sending them to some third world country with bullets flying left and right. I bet the defense will bring more information about that, maybe even information about hotels and crap that they would have stayed at had they gone.

This family is on record saying they planned to travel the world with Michael. So?

Please.

If Michael planned on just leaving them, he wouldn't have gone with them. He would have just hired his henchman to drop them off at the airport and abandon them.

DAMN! I can't get over this...wtf, :hello!! Even if Michael had done what they say...what about a f*cking phone!? I don't know but, I THINK you can call outside the country in Brazil... :extremely

This is some bullshit. So if that wh*re Montgomery testifys that there was a one way ticket...so the f*ck what. That would mean Michael didn't plan on coming back either....right? Kiss my ass, Michael has money...he could have easily booked a flight back while he was there.

I mean what the f*ck is Michael? Is the ultimate mastermind of conspiracy or is he some dumb twat that climbs trees? Make up your f*cking minds!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know. Exactly. These people need to be slapped. They really do.

****Maria****

Tiger Lilly

Vicky, once again you've written exactly what I'm thinking.... and phrased it much better than I could've too. :lol:

Makes me so damn angry that this has gotten this far. The prosection's story just doesn't add up at all. How was Michael ever indicted on this sh!t?! :hitting

sistahlamb

I mean what the f*ck is Michael? Is the ultimate mastermind of conspiracy or is he some dumb twat that climbs trees? Make up your f*cking minds!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a damn good point and I still don't think the defence is worried about having to possibly having to cross-ex. that Cynthia girl.

As for Debbie Rowe, how do we know the defence doesn't have dirt on her??? Nobody really knows but it could be there, we just haven't found out yet.
Nobody should be jumping to any conclusions about her testimony possibly being damaging to the defence because they probably have some s**t on her that they'll bring in to court when she testifys.

And as for Brian Oxman, he could testify for the defence if he is supeoned because he is no longer working for the defence.

Danielle Oliver

Prosecution Subpoena Mark Geragos

As the prosecution enters the home stretch of its case, Michael Jackson's former defense lawyer, Mark Geragos, and the entertainer's ex-wife, Debbie Rowe, have been subpoenaed to testify in the high-profile child molestation trial.

They are among a half-dozen witnesses whom the prosecution has subpoenaed and may put on the stand in an attempt to shore up the conspiracy charge against Mr. Jackson, sources told the News-Press.

Mr. Geragos has also been subpoenaed, but it is unclear if the prosecution will call him to the stand. The noted defense lawyer worked for the entertainer during the time of the alleged conspiracy in early 2003 until right after the grand jury indicted Mr. Jackson in April 2004.

Mr. Geragos may take the stand on behalf of the defense. The noted defense lawyer is expected to testify that he hired private investigator Bradley Miller to check out the accuser's family and that Mr. Jackson did not know the people working for Mr. Miller.

It's not clear if Mr. Geragos will end up testifying for either side. He could invoke attorney-client privilege.

Source: News Press

Cristine87

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz

Please.

I mean what the f*ck is Michael? Is he the ultimate mastermind of conspiracy or is he some dumb twat that climbs trees? Make up your f*cking minds!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crackingu :crackingu :crackingu God, Vicky, I love you! That whole post had me bustin' up laughing!

HeavenSent

Originally posted by sistahlamb
And as for Brian Oxman, he could testify for the defence if he is supeoned because he is no longer working for the defence.
I posted a reply to your post earlier regarding this.

Here it is again.

This hasn't been confirmed by jackson's camp...but if it's the case, it's the very reason why you really need to stay within the scope of your job, eh?

HeavenSent

Mez and Oxman.

If pics could talk....
345,http%3A%2F%2Fus.news2.yimg.com%2Fus.yimg.com%2Fp%2Fap%2F20050425%2Fcapt.carr10104252243.michael_jackson_carr101.jpg

Aaliyah

From The Smoking Gun

[Jackson] To Lawyer: You're Fired

Defense team's Brian Oxman is dismissed from molestation case

APRIL 25--A member of Michael Jackson's legal team who has frequently tangled with chief defense lawyer Thomas Mesereau has been sacked. Brian Oxman, who has long represented other members of the singer's clan, was dumped effective last Friday, according to a "notice of disassociation" filed today by Mesereau in Santa Barbara Superior Court. The bare-bones notice, a copy of which you'll find below, does not offer a reason for Oxman's canning, just the fact that the 53-year-old lawyer was no longer a "counsel of record" in the Jackson molestation case. As seen in the photo at right, following the conclusion of today's court session, an animated Mesereau apparently dressed down Oxman in the parking lot of the Santa Maria courthouse. With the exception of his recent authoring of an April 15 appellate motion, Oxman has had a limited role with the Jackson defense team--and was often relegated to a chair behind the defense table when Mesereau sat with co-counsels Susan Yu and Robert Sanger.

0425052oxman1.gif

0425052oxman2.gif

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/04250...5052oxman1.html