Official April 25 2005 Thread

Aaliyah

another pic of Mesereau and Oxman

capt.carr10204252308.michael_jackson_carr102.jpg

Danielle Oliver

Judge Allows Testimony By Michael Jackson's Ex-Wife

Overruling defense objections, the judge in Michael Jackson's child molestation trial said Monday he will allow Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe to testify as a prosecution witness.

Prosecutors want Rowe, the mother of two of his three children, to tell jurors that she was compelled to appear on a videotape praising Jackson as a good father and a humanitarian.

Prosecutors say Rowe did the interview under duress, having been told by Jackson associates that if she did not do it she would risk losing her visitation rights with her children, Paris and Prince Michael.

The defense objected on grounds that the testimony was part of a prosecution "desperation" tactic at the end of its case and had no relevance to the charges against Jackson.

In addition, the defense said that if Rowe testified they would seek to present the entire three hours of her video interview with Jackson associates as well as a tape recording she made secretly.

"She didn't say anything bad about Michael Jackson," said defense attorney Robert Sanger.

Sanger denied there were any threats to her during what he called "a tremendous amount of taped material."

"I just plain don't see the relevance to these proceedings," he said, noting that she had quarrels with Jackson aide Marc Schaffel, not with Jackson, and that her testimony would be a way to push her own agenda regarding Schaffel.

Prosecutor Ron Zonen said Rowe would tell jurors that she engaged in a "highly scripted interview and that the incentive was to suggest she would have visitation with her children if she did this."

Zonen said this would corroborate the testimony of the mother of the Jackson's young accuser who testified she also was pressured to appear in a video and speak from a script.

Sanger said there was no script, just questions that were written out.

Superior Court Judge Rodney S. Melville said, "I will admit the testimony and will look to ways to restrict that testimony."

The defense noted that Rowe had given up her parental rights to the children. Zonen said those rights had been recently restored and that she has a case under way in family court regarding visitation.

Rowe was a nurse for one of Jackson's plastic surgeons when they married in November 1996. Their son was born in February 1997, followed by their daughter in April 1998. The couple filed for divorce in October 1999. Jackson has a third child, Prince Michael II, whose mother has remained anonymous.

Jackson, 46, is accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy in February or March 2003, giving the boy alcohol and conspiring to hold the boy's family captive to get them to rebut a TV documentary in which Jackson appeared with the boy and said he allowed children to sleep in his bed. Jackson called the sleeping arrangement non-sexual.

In other developments, District Attorney Tom Sneddon unexpectedly announced without explanation that planned witness Christopher Carter, a former Jackson security guard, will not be testifying.

Carter was recently arrested in Las Vegas and is facing bank robbery, kidnapping and other charges and had indicated he would invoke the Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination if asked about his criminal case.

He was the only witness that had been expected to corroborate claims by the accuser and his family that Jackson gave alcohol to children and specifically to the accuser. Carter had been expected to say he saw Jackson and the boy share a Coke can filled with wine and that at another time the boy told him that Jackson said it was OK to drink.

In another key ruling, the judge decided to grant "use immunity" to a travel agent who also is invoking Fifth Amendment protection and is under investigation by federal authorities looking into the alleged secret videotaping of private conversations between Jackson and his attorney on a charter jet flight.

The form of immunity granted to Cynthia Montgomery means her testimony in the Jackson case cannot be used against her in any other proceeding. She had told the court last week she would refuse to testify about anything involving the charter jet flight.

Montgomery is expected to testify about a plan by Jackson associates to send the accuser's family to Brazil.

Melville also ruled that prosecutors may not call a man who was to testify that his young son once disappeared at Neverland for 90 minutes until he was found in Jackson's bedroom.

The jury, which was out of the courtroom most of the morning, returned to hear testimony by former Jackson employee Kassim Abdool, who was called to corroborate part of an account by Ralph Chacon, another ex-employee who says he saw Jackson commit a sex act on a child in 1992 or 1993.

Abdool said he saw Jackson and the boy, who later received a multimillion-dollar settlement from the singer, leaving a Jacuzzi area where their swim suits were lying next to each other on the floor.

He said that Jackson, wearing a towel, gave a piggyback ride to the boy, who wore a bathrobe.

Abdool also claimed to have been subjected to threats, describing repeated phone calls to his home and saying a Jackson employee once told him he knew a hit man. He choked up at one point as he testified that he once asked to put into a witness protection program.

Abdool and Chacon were among former employees who lost a wrongful termination suit against Jackson in 1997 and were ordered to pay damages to the entertainer.

Under defense questioning, Abdool said he participated in an interview for a tabloid for which they received $15,000 and that he spent the money to fund the lawsuit.

The prosecution spent the balance of the day calling witnesses to authenticate documents, among them a file seized labeled "Fires brewing" that was seized from Schaffel, who is among Jackson associates named by prosecutors as unindicted co-conspirators.

Sheriff's Detective Victor Alvarez said the file contained e-mails. No details were given, but in pretrial motions about the documents the prosecution suggested that the files could substantiate their allegations that Jackson was worried about fallout from the TV documentary and that "fires" referred to the aftermath of that broadcast.

While Alvarez was on the stand, prosecutor Gordon Auchincloss sought to use him to impeach last month's testimony by charter jet flight attendant Cynthia Bell, who surprised him when she said that it was her idea to serve Jackson wine in Coke cans because he was a "very private drinker."

Alvarez testified that when he interviewed Bell she said the idea came from either Jackson or his doctor. But the detective did not have his notes on the interview, and the issue was left hanging when court recessed for the day.

Source:http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4412573/detail.htm...0104252005&ts=H

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by HeavenSent
Mez and Oxman.

If pics could talk....
345,http%3A%2F%2Fus.news2.yimg.com%2Fus.yimg.com%2Fp%2Fap%2F20050425%2Fcapt.carr10104252243.michael_jackson_carr101.jpg
Ok, why did I laugh when I saw that? :lol:

I don't know, I've never been a big fan of Oxman. Ever since he compared Michael's 'blanket incident' with what Rafeeki did to Simba in the lion king....

:crackingu

MystiqueX2004

Originally posted by Danielle Oliver

While Alvarez was on the stand, prosecutor Gordon Auchincloss sought to use him to impeach last month's testimony by charter jet flight attendant Cynthia Bell, who surprised him when she said that it was her idea to serve Jackson wine in Coke cans because he was a "very private drinker."

Alvarez testified that when he interviewed Bell she said the idea came from either Jackson or his doctor. But the detective did not have his notes on the interview, and the issue was left hanging when court recessed for the day.

Source:http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4412573/detail.htm...0104252005&ts=H

Honestly, in my opinion, all this does, is cast futher doubt on whether Mike served/shared alcohol with these kids. I mean these are prosecution witnesses and hardly any of them seem to be corroborating each other's story. It's just one contradicting another. First you had Star contradict his brother's testimony, you have Davellin and her testimony shot to pieces by Cynthis Bell(another prosecution witness), and then you have the mother whose testimony is still up in the air considering the fact that the logs of Neverland state otherwise about her so-called captivity...and that's only the beginning. If this prosecution's "case" were so strong, then you'd have the majority, if not all, of their witnesses saying the same thing, not contradicting each other or suprising the prosecution with new testimony. And you'd have, the majority, if not all, of the witnesses say these things with a clear conscience unlike the disgruntled five employees of '93. There is a lot of doubt in this case, and the defense has not really even started yet. Although what is going through the jurors' mind does matter, one had to understand that any person, even people who don't like Michael, have noticed that A) Michael does not fit the profile of a pedophile, B) The prosecution's case is extremely weak and C) The majority of these witnesses have lied for gain in the past, or have an axe to grind with Michael, even the D.A., aka Tom Sneddon......To be honest, these allegations do not make much sense. The D.A closing its case so early, still leaves way too many unanswered questions, which might prove to be in favor of the defense....

HeavenSent

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
Ok, why did I laugh when I saw that? :lol:

I don't know, I've never been a big fan of Oxman. Ever since he compared Michael's 'blanket incident' with what Rafeeki did to Simba in the lion king....

LMAO.

it's kinda amazing to me that there'd be a public display like this, but then what do I know? I'm about to watch the clip of Taibbi talking about Oxman.

Oxman's standing there like "oh my god, you're pointing @ me."

A

Anonymous

Oh damn. Mesereau is like 'Susan...I got this.'

EEee, I'd hate to make Mesereau mad. But hey...he looks kinda...sexy in this state! :tooexcite

Poor dude...Oxman.

HeavenSent

Oh damn. Mesereau is like 'Susan...I got this.'

EEee, I'd hate to make Mesereau mad. But hey...he looks kinda...sexy in this state! :tooexcite

Poor dude...Oxman.

lol @ you!

I wonder if the media will be on to Oxman like flies to meat now that he was let go.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by HeavenSent
lol @ you!

I wonder if the media will be on to Oxman like flies to meat now that he was let go.
Oh you bet, but they won't get diddly squat from him. :nonono:

minnie michael

its not so many news as i expected..i think MIke and Mez has their ideas about fired Oxman..no matter what i believe Mez..he is that one consider Mike's interest the most..and that pic seems funny its looked like Mez was really angry about Oxman.. :idontknow :cryptic

and i am eager to see Debbie i think she will be a biggest news tomorrow..i dnot think she will say bad about MIchael..at least i wish..if she turned out to be a jerk i believe Mez knows how to deal with her..she is not a problem..she still care about Michael..i still feel that..

Michael is very charming today..missing.. :banana-mu

A

Anonymous

Debri Opri shut up. Michael paid Debbie to be a breeder to carry his children. Her words.

Umm did she really? This woman needs to shut up. Even so, she's not helping the situation by saying that.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by Cristine87
If she was just a breeder, why the hell did they get married?

Custody crap..ect. ect.

By Michael and Debbies own words this was a hmmm, they didn't get married because they fell madly in love. It was for the sake of the children.

But to say what Opri did is BS, just because she fueling the fire.

sistahlamb

I'm still not sure exactly when DR will take the stand.
I've mostly heard that she will Wednesday but I think it could be tomorrow unless there are a few more witnesses that the pros. needs to call before her.

This might sound crazy as hell but how do we know Debbie Rowe isn't playing the prosecution like a video on TRL??? When she was selling her ring on ebay she didn't she say that she supported Michael 100%??? Didn't she say that she still loved him as a person??? She could be telling the prosecution that she's gonna say this s**t but she might have a plan to get on the stand and say something completly different.

Yeah, by now you're more than likely thinking I'm the craziest person you've ever heard but look, just because she's a pros. witness doesn't mean she gonna testify agianst Michael.

I'm going to find that part of that ebay transcript. It's somewhere on this board.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by Danielle Oliver
Prosecution Subpoena Mark Geragos

As the prosecution enters the home stretch of its case, Michael Jackson's former defense lawyer, Mark Geragos, and the entertainer's ex-wife, Debbie Rowe, have been subpoenaed to testify in the high-profile child molestation trial.

They are among a half-dozen witnesses whom the prosecution has subpoenaed and may put on the stand in an attempt to shore up the conspiracy charge against Mr. Jackson, sources told the News-Press.

Mr. Geragos has also been subpoenaed, but it is unclear if the prosecution will call him to the stand. The noted defense lawyer worked for the entertainer during the time of the alleged conspiracy in early 2003 until right after the grand jury indicted Mr. Jackson in April 2004.

Mr. Geragos may take the stand on behalf of the defense. The noted defense lawyer is expected to testify that he hired private investigator Bradley Miller to check out the accuser's family and that Mr. Jackson did not know the people working for Mr. Miller.

It's not clear if Mr. Geragos will end up testifying for either side. He could invoke attorney-client privilege.

Source: News Press

Please post a URL source.

I've never been a big fan of Oxman. Ever since he compared Michael's 'blanket incident' with what Rafeeki did to Simba in the lion king....

I know!
When I saw that I was like OH pahleeeze!! Gimme a break!
Oxman, coulda and shoulda kept that one!
:lol:

SpecialJanet25

Like I say about Debra Opri in the MJJ Forum, this woman is like Diane Dimond who don't know when to keep her month shut when she don't know what's she's talking about. I'm looking forward to the end of all this when Michael is vindicated.

A

Anonymous

I don't know if this has already been pointed out...

Prosecutors say Rowe did the interview under duress, having been told by Jackson associates that if she did not do it she would risk losing her visitation rights with her children, Paris and Prince Michael.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...hael_jackson_18

I thought she signed them away in 2001? Um...wtf?

Is the prosecution pulling this from their ass or did she tell them this? This is rediculous.