Official June 2 2005 Thread: Closing Statements

frozen rose

wow! that was very beautiful whisper. Great pictures with good music. I love "Spirit of the Universe", a very peacefu piece of music, well chosen. It def. goes well with Michael. :inlove.

Thank you.

sistahlamb

This is a picture that I found that's from today I think:

mdf575405.jpg

mjwifey3

Great video Whisper, it brought tears to my eyes. P.S. by the way what happen to our queen photographer Aaliyah? just wondering, and guys don't be nervous because: lies run sprints but the truth runs marathons!

Latest from AP

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - Michael Jackson committed "exploitation and sexual abuse," and his only defense has been to attack the credibility of his accuser's family, a prosecutor said Thursday as closing arguments began.

"This case is about the exploitation and sexual abuse of a 13-year-old cancer survivor by an international celebrity," Senior Deputy District Attorney Ron Zonen said.

He said the defense case was "entirely limited" to attacks on the credibility of the boy's mother.

Zonen told jurors at the outset that his argument would take a few hours. Defense attorneys were then expected to begin their closing. The jury has been told it will get the case on Friday.

Jackson's arrival at court a short time earlier was met by a contingent of fans that has been growing as the case nears its end. Jackson, in a dark coat and plaid vest, acknowledged them with a wave.

On Wednesday, Jackson had sat silently and unmoving in court as the jury received instructions for their deliberations.

"It's a very difficult situation to sit in there and know your life is in the balance," Jackson spokeswoman Raymone K. Bain said afterward.

"He has strong faith in God and in the judicial system," Bain said of Jackson. "He knows his fate is in the hands of 12 jurors."

The 46-year-old singer is charged with molesting a 13-year-old cancer survivor in February or March 2003. He is accused of plying him with wine and conspiring to hold his family captive to get them to rebut damaging aspects of the documentary "Living With Michael Jackson," in which Jackson appeared holding hands with the boy as he talked of allowing children into his bed for what he said were innocent sleepovers.

Bain said Jackson's emotions have varied during his 14-week trial.

"He has had anger. He's been happy about some of the information that has come out in court," she said.

Earlier Wednesday, Jackson looked straight ahead as Superior Court Judge Rodney S. Melville, sitting in the witness box to be closer to the jury, read a long list of instructions hammered out during more than a day of discussions with prosecuting and defense attorneys.

Following up on an earlier decision regarding the alcohol allegations, the judge told the jurors they may consider a "lesser charge" of "furnishing alcohol to a minor," a misdemeanor. The instruction means the jury would not have to relate the alcohol to the purpose of molestation.

Melville also told the jury how to use prosecution testimony that alleged Jackson has a history of improper behavior with boys.

The judge said that if jurors determine Jackson has such a history, "you may but are not required to infer that the defendant had a predisposition" to commit the crimes alleged in the current case. But he told the jurors "that is not sufficient in itself to prove he committed the crimes charged."

The judge paused at one point to determine if the jurors were paying attention.

"You know I read to my wife at night so she'll go to sleep. Am I having that effect here?" he said.

___

AP Special Correspondent Linda Deutsch contributed to this report.

:3nav http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050602/ap_on_...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

QuietSoul

Whisper, the video is beautiful. It made me cry. The music is perfect. Great work. Is there anyway I can download it?

Regarding that article which I posted. Zonen expressed that the defense's case was soley built of the foundation of attacking the credablity of the accuser's mum. Well, glad to have you join us Zonen, just a few months too late.

Considering that their isn't any physical evidence which supports the allegations which have been fabricated against Michael, the credibility of these witness's are the most importand factors as these testi-phonies determine wether or not the jury will reach a verdict. Also, when we are dealing with a family which makes a living out of extorting money from various organisation's and celebrities, I think it's almost mandatory for the defense to focus on these attributes as it reveal's a pattern in their behaviour, which subsquently demonstrates the motive's behind their "friendship" with Michael.

Why don't you stop focusing on the previous allegation's brought against Michael to consolidate the consistency of your case developed by the current accuser's family before you start critizising the defense's strategy.

Jesus!

sistahlamb

Why do I get this feeling that the prosecution aren't doing so well with convincing the jury that Michael is guilty of these crimes????

That's just what I'm thinking right now.

sistahlamb

I can't either!!!!

Here's an update:

Veronicaluv at mjjf:
Fox just reported:

Ron Zonen wants the jurors to remember two things:

MJ pushed himself into the accuser's lives

AND

The family never asked for a dime....

Not that we've established that Ron Zonen is on crack, I say we all wait for Messereau to finish this up and start the acquittal party. What trial was Ron Zonen watching. Did Tom Sneddon write this for him?

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't been really paying to any media right now b/c some of them (guthrie included) have their heads so far up Zonen's azz that it ain't even funny. However, not everyone is as completely impressed with Zonen's opening: