Official June 3 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

-MyAngelMJ-

So today Mez will continue with his closing statements, then the prosecution gets to rebute it before the case goes to Jury. Right??

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by hot4uMichael
eeeh no? It's the verdict today isn't it?
No. The defense will finish it's closing statments and the prosecution will do a short rebuttal. Then the jury starts their deliberations. They'll take whatever time they want to take to reach a verdict; whether that's Friday or Monday or Tuesday or whatever.

HotMJ!

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050602/...JACKSON-DC.html

Jun 2, 2005

"At night, they entered into Michael Jackson's bedroom, which is a veritable fortress. They entered into the world of the forbidden (where) they learned about human sexuality with someone who was only too willing to be their teacher," the prosecutor said.

"Veritable fortress?" :cryptic

Lol!

The prosecutors, D.A. Zonen must have short memories!

Because the D.A.s have also asserted that the bedroom's alarm wasn't working properly when Star allegedly watched Mike molest Gavin.... TWICE!

:crackingu :crackingu :crackingu

:exorcistDA: :truthsneddon:

frozen rose

Well, is Star saw Mike and Gavin, with the door WIDE OPEN, why not say anything to the employies, or sercurity guards?! That is so pathetic.

mjlovergurl

im getting quite nervous and scared about the verdict. i really hope that the jury decides that this case has been bs sice day 1 and that they come back with a Not guilty. this whole thing has me worried and scared for Michael and his children. everything about this case so far has made 0 sence with all these claims, lawsuits, lies, coaching, false allagations and just absolute nonsence that you gotta look at it with a open mind and say this family is out of their mind and this kid is a little lying punk and Michael is being framed and used for nothing BUT money. i dont know what worries me the most the fact that Michael could be going to jail or the fact that the worl is seeing the most wonderful entertainer dagged through the mud.

coco

I too am damned worried, I mean this is huge...
all we have is our own conviction, and not only as fans, but we have access to almost all informations about the "case" ... and about me I know what to think, but I can't help but being afraid...

"I am scared yet"
Alain

Cristine87

Originally posted by HotMJ!

Because the D.A.s are also claiming that the bedroom's alarm wasn't working properly when Star allegedly watched Mike molest Gavin, TWICE!
How conveniant for Star!

Frenchy

Originally posted by coco
I too am damned worried, I mean this is huge...
all we have is our own conviction, and not only as fans, but we have access to almost all informations about the "case" ... and about me I know what to think, but I can't help but being afraid...

"I am scared yet"
Alain
hey Coco, great picture in your signature! I loooove Mylene also. :)

I have a question regarding the amount of time the prosecution has if the choose to do a rebuttal.

Since the prosecution only dedicated 3 hours to their closing arguements will they be able to have an additional hour on top of the time that they have been given for a rebuttal as they never used a total of 4 hours?

HotMJ!

:thumbsup

Everyone should read this while we wait for news!

:sneddoncrybaby

As you read this, remember the JURY must have heard this too! :crackingu :crackingu :crackingu

D.A. Sneddon, the "HOARSE WHISPERER?" :bustbubbl

All about D.A. Sneddon's boorish courtroom antics! :popcorn

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...us_050602153304
Thu Jun 2,11:33 AM ET

SANTA MARIA, California (AFP) - As Michael Jackson's marathon child sex trial nears its end, tension is bubbling to the surface, at times threatening the veneer of civility the trial judge has sought to maintain.

On Wednesday, chief prosecutor Tom Sneddon openly voiced his dislike for a colleague who had briefly joined him in court to help with the preparation of instructions Judge Rodney Melville eventually gave to the jurors.

"I got him here to carry my briefcase," Sneddon told the judge who inquired as to why Gerry Franklin had joined the prosecution team on Tuesday but not the following day.

On Tuesday, Sneddon was overheard snapping at his colleague after Melville rejected a change to jury instructions suggested by the prosecution.

"I don't think you thought this thing through before you opened your mouth," Sneddon whispered, evidently not realizing he was talking into a microphone. "We just got screwed," he added.

It was not the first time the district attorney of California's Santa Barbara county's private remarks could be overheard by the entire courtroom, earning him the nickname "the hoarse whisperer."

On another occasion, he appeared delighted as a defense witness broke down in tears, whispering out loud that it would make his cross-examination easier.

He also once told a witness outright that she was being "rude."

For most of the trial, Melville has done his best to help keep tempers down, often forcing the rival lawyers to keep still for a few minutes, a trick he says works wonders with the horses he trains.

But the usually unflappable judge on Wednesday appeared to have grown a little weary of lengthy and often confusing arguments some of the lawyers have delivered to the court.

Melville stopped himself in the middle of a somewhat muddled sentence, and told defense lawyer Robert Sanger: "I'm beginning to think like you, I'm beginning to explain all the side stuff."

The jab was not lost on Sanger who when allowed to speak starting by saying: "At my own peril."

Melville left little doubt that three months of often tedious testimony was taking a heavy toll on his patience.

"I need a drink," he said at one stage on Wednesday.

But looking sadly at his glass of water, the abstinent Melville added: "But not this."

:sneddonfranklin: :sneddonexorcist

sistahlamb

"I don't think you thought this thing through before you opened your mouth," Sneddon whispered, evidently not realizing he was talking into a microphone. "We just got screwed," he added.

You didn't get screwed, you screwed yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.