Official June 3 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

James12

The jury will acquit. Watch and see. For one thing, they have to know his fans would simply die if Michael spent a day in jail. There would be all night vigils outside the jailhouse and Michael would become Malcomb X reincarnated. No longer just the King of Pop, But the King of the World, and America's answer to Nelson Mandela. Yes, that's how far it would go.

Then you're gonna see riots in the streets by blacks all over the US.

sistahlamb

No, I meant if the jury really did ask for more time today because they think they could reach a virdict today.

There's yet to be a confirmation on that from what I know.

QuietSoul

Oh God, I'm extremely nervous...

Please God watch over Michael, and be kind to all that deserve it.

I keep thinking about how Michael and his family may be feeling now. I bet they are all terrified. All we can do is pray.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by James12
The jury will acquit. Watch and see. For one thing, they have to know his fans would simply die if Michael spent a day in jail. There would be all night vigils outside the jailhouse and Michael would become Malcomb X reincarnated. No longer just the King of Pop, But the King of the World, and America's answer to Nelson Mandela. Yes, that's how far it would go.

Then you're gonna see riots in the streets by blacks all over the US.

They jury is not going to take that into account. That doesn't matter.

If Elvis Presley was alive and he murdered a person, they aren't going to think about his fans and say 'Well, his fans would go nuts..'

That's not justice. What will acquit him is facts.

James12

If they want to give a verdict today it must be because they're intending to acquit and they don't want Michael to have to worry about it a whole weekend. If it was bad news for Michael, they'd take longer to really make sure they were doing the right thing, and because they'd be procrastinating through their reluctance to have to break the bad news.

If Diane Dimond said it, I tend to think it's probably true because although she twists the truth and bends it out of shape, she's usually correct about details like this..

danaluvsmj

God, I'm so nervous right now, but I feel very confident.

I'm betting that the jury could reach the verdict by the end of the day, which I hope will happen. Most verdicts in court cases are said to come out on Fridays. I'm just glad this mess is almost over.

James12

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz
They jury is not going to take that into account. That doesn't matter.

If Elvis Presley was alive and he murdered a person, they aren't going to think about his fans and say 'Well, his fans would go nuts..'

That's not justice. What will acquit him is facts.

If Michael's innocent? You'd better believe it does matter.

You're talking about theory. I'm talking about the real world.

MJ Dreamer

My theory is that if the jury has basically made up their mind, (as we have predicted) him being NOT guilty they will not take much time, if for some reason they are not all sure of what to make of all this they'll take more time and may come back with guilty verdict, which I just can't see happening. So hopefully the agony is over by the end of the day.

James12

What I mean is that it increases the likelyhood that he'll get a fair verdict. And of the jurors making sure they don't wrongfully convict an innocent man (and he is innocent, right?).

Wrongful convictions are a hazard.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Wrongful convictions are a hazard.

Well according to Guthrie, Mesereau hit upon how innocent people spend years in jail only to be let out due to DNA evidence and other information that the public learns only years later.

She also said that after some of the outtake footage was played during Mesereau's closing, people inside the courtroom were clapping.

nowayout11

You're synonymizing "fair" with "innocent."

It'll be the jury's job to decide what fair is.

Not that I disagree with his innocence, but I don't buy the theory that MJ would be regarded as a political prisoner resulting in riots, etc.

NOT GUILTY!! NOT GUILTY!! NOT GUILTY!! NOT GUILTY!! NOT GUILTY!!

NOT GUILTY!! NOT GUILTY!! NOT GUILTY!! NOT GUILTY!! NOT GUILTY!!

:tooexcite :tooexcite

James12

Originally posted by nowayout11
You're synonymizing "fair" with "innocent."

It'll be the jury's job to decide what fair is.

Not that I disagree with his innocence, but I don't buy the theory that MJ would be regarded as a political prisoner resulting in riots, etc.

Nope, that's not how justice works. He is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Frenchy

Relax guys... I am nervous but confident. But also, I rely on my common sense!! Let's keep the faith.
As far as I'm concerned, I will try to not expect a verdict today. Although it'd be great if the whole thing could be done before the weekend... But honestly, despite the yet to be confirmed Diane Demon's claim that the jury requested an extension, I don't think we'll get a verdict by the end of today. I would be very surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.