Official June 3 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

James12

And no I'm not drawing a synonym between innocent and fair. I have no idea where you got that notion.

And no, it is not the jury's job to decide what is fair. It is their job to decide how to apply fairness in this case.

nowayout11

Originally posted by James12
Nope, that's not how justice works. He is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

I'm aware of that, but you said, "What I mean is that it increases the likelyhood that he'll get a fair verdict."

I'm saying what's fair will be an accurate verdict. Not necessarily "not guilty" or a fast one.

A

Anonymous

No, it's actually their job to decide if MJ is guilty or innocent. Fairness doesn't factor in to it at all.

And there's a line between confident and cocky. I wish some fans would recognize it.

James12

Oay, I think we're having trouble with basic definitions. By fair verdict, I don't mean innocent verdict. I mean one that was arrived at with fairness.

danaluvsmj

This is it, the jury can reach a verdict anytime! God the suspense is killing me!

I have a good feeling a verdict will come out today I just know it :crystalball:

nowayout11

Not necessarily. The deliberations will take as long as they will take. Could take an hour. a day. a week. All we know is that it's about to be in their hands.

There likely won't come to a conclusion today because there's not much time left in the day, and there are a number of charges to go over.

James12

Originally posted by HoldMeThrillMeQUOTE (HoldMeThrillMe)No, it's actually their job to decide if MJ is guilty or innocent. Fairness doesn't factor in to it at all.

[/b]

Fairness doesn't factor in a jury's job? You're not making any sense. Without being fair-minded observers, no jury can cast a verdict. They were chosen precisely because they said they felt they could be fair.

And there's a line between confident and cocky. I wish some fans would recognize it.
[/quote]

What are you trying to say here?

Originally posted by nowayout11
Not necessarily. The deliberations will take as long as they will take. Could take an hour. a day. a week. All we know is that it's about to be in their hands.

Iam shock! ***At this time there are approx. 5:09 hours for the jury to render a verdict today.***

nowayout11

Originally posted by superjacksonfan69
Iam shock! ***At this time there are approx. 5:09 hours for the jury to render a verdict today.***

CourtTV says the court will close at 2:30 PST. That's 2 hours away.

A

Anonymous

There was no masked comment, what I said was clear and concise. Make of it what you will.

Originally posted by nowayout11
CourtTV says the court will close at 2:30 PST. That's 2 hours away.

Ok that just mean Michael will have to come back monday to hear his faith right? Time in Santa Maria, CA, USA (PDT): 12:25 PM, Friday, Jun 3, 2005

nowayout11

Originally posted by superjacksonfan69
Ok that just mean Michael will have to come back monday to hear his faith right? Time in Santa Maria, CA, USA (PDT): 12:25 PM, Friday, Jun 3, 2005

Hopefully. :) Nobody knows how long the deliberations will take. But he won't have to go back until they hear from the court that the jury has made their decision. Then they will go to the court and hear the verdict.

So basically, it can happen at *any* time.

Status
Not open for further replies.