Official Katherine Jackson v AEG (2013 06 06)

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
(START READING FROM THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST)

@ABC7Courts 57s
    Phillips testified he never said he was going to pull the plug on the show and never threatened MJ with pulling the plug.

@ABC7Courts 1m
    Phillips testified he didn't contact any psychologist or psychiatrist after Bugzee and Ortega said MJ should be checked out by one of them.

@ABC7Courts 1m
    "I'm not responsible for Michael's health, he's an adult, he had a personal doctor," Phillips said.

@ABC7Courts 1m
    Phillips testified today he agreed with what Kenny said. In his deposition, Phillips said he didn't recall.

@ABC7Courts 2m
    Ortega then sent another email to Randy, saying he believed MJ needed to be psychologically evaluated.

@ABC7Courts 2m
    Panish went thru 5 different answers Phillips gave as explanation for this email, from not knowing what chemical means to possible drug reax

@ABC7Courts 3m
    Phillips answered the email saying he was not sure what MJ's problem was, chemical or physiological.

@ABC7Courts 5m
    Phillips received another email from Bugzee saying MJ was shaking and couldn't eat, Ortega had to cut his food, feed him.

@ABC7Courts 5m
    Phillips then forwarded the email chain to John Branca, Joel Katz, Tim Leiweke (his boss), adding "Unfortunately we are running out of time"

@ABC7Courts 5m
    "The word deteriorate may not be what happened. I didn't know what was going on until we had the meeting," Phillips said.

@ABC7Courts 5m
    Panish: It shows someone's physical condition deteriorated, right? Phillips: It shows that there's a problem, yes

@ABC7Courts 6m
    "I know what he said, but until we had the meeting I didn't know what was going on," Phillips said.

@ABC7Courts 6m
    Panish asked what Bugzee said about the 360 turns: "He was telling me MJ couldn't do a 360 spin."

@ABC7Courts 6m
    "That's what he wrote, I'm not sure exactly what he meant," Philips said.

@ABC7Courts 7m
    Bugzee replied back to Phillips that MJ needed a shrink and trainer, deteriorated in front of his eyes for eight weeks.

@ABC7Courts 7m
    The meeting Tim asked didn't happen that day, Phillips explained. But there was a meeting in the afternoon of June 20th, he said.

@ABC7Courts 8m
    Phillips said he forwarded the email to Ortega and asked him to set up the meeting. Ortega responded yes to the email next morning.

@ABC7Courts 9m
    Just over four minutes later, Leiweke responded the email asking for a meeting between him, MJ, Phillips and Kenny Ortega.

@ABC7Courts 9m
    Within 19 mins of receiving Bugzee's email on the evening of Jun 19, Phillips forwarded Bugzee's email adding "We have a real problem here."

@ABC7Courts 10m
    Tim Leiweke was Phillips' boss at the time.

@ABC7Courts 10m
    Panish showed video of Phillips' deposition where said he didn't remember how he reacted when the received the email.

@ABC7Courts 11m
    Panish asked if Phillips remembered his reaction after receiving this email. "Yes, yes. Concerned," Philips responded.

@ABC7Courts 11m
    Panish: Did Mr. Jackson have a problem on June 20th? Philips: Absolutely

@ABC7Courts 11m
    What changed from your deposition and today? Nothing, absolutely nothing, just that I'm very prepared, Phillips answered.

@ABC7Courts 11m
    Panish: You are not a drama queen, right? Phillips: Sometimes "Yes, I'm under oath," Phillips joked about having to tell the truth.

@ABC7Courts 12m
    "Since the deposition, my memory had gotten better because I was given documents and tried to remember what happened," Phillips testified.

@ABC7Courts 12m
    "I don't want to argue with you either, I don't think it's fair to the jurors," Phillips told Panish after a short exchange between them.

@ABC7Courts 13m
    "I think I read this email before I went to bed on 6/19," Phillips said. Panish pointed at deposition Phillips said he read it after sunrise

@ABC7Courts 14m
    Next Panish referred to the email with the subject "Trouble at the Front" from Bugzee saying MJ went home without stepping foot on stage.

@ABC7Courts 15m
    "Most of the artists we don't deal with their personal physician," Phillips explained.

@ABC7Courts 15m
    Panish: Do you normally carry around all the contact numbers of your artist's personal physicians? Phillips: Absolutely not!

@ABC7Courts 16m
    Panish went thru some of the calls Phillips made. On 6/18/09, Gongaware sent an email to Phillips with all of Dr. Murray's phone numbers.

@ABC7Courts 16m
    Panish asked Phillips who subpoenaed his phone records. The exec confirmed it was LAPD.

@ABC7Courts 17m
    Neither Katherine Jackson nor any family members attend trial today. No one talked about Paris Jackson.

@ABC7Courts 18m
    Day 25 in trial of Jackson family vs AEG wrapped up. AEG's Randy Phillips resumed testimony. Jackson's attorney Brian Panish questioned him

@ABC7Courts 20m
    Hello from the courthouse in downtown LA. We only had session in the afternoon today, since a juror had a graduation to attend.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member

@ABC7Courts 10s

If MJ said he didn't need to go to rehearsals, he could've been in breach of this contract, Phillips said.

@ABC7Courts 29s
"I felt Michael had that obligation, yes," Phillips said about MJ needing to be at rehearsals.

@ABC7Courts 50s
"Required is a little too strong, I was concerned that if he didn't go to rehearsal Kenny could not finish the production," Phillips said.

@ABC7Courts 2m
Phillips said if MJ's lack of appearance caused production to not complete, show not open in London, MJ could be in breach of his contract.

@ABC7Courts 3m
None of our agreements have artist need to rehearse, Phillips said, but the artists want to perfect their show, he said.

@ABC7Courts 3m
Panish: You anticipated MJ would breach the contract by not showing up to rehearsal Phillips: Yes

@ABC7Courts 3m
"He (Kane) asked for a million dollars to pay for Mr. Jackson's bills," Phillips testified.

@ABC7Courts 4m
It was response to Phillips' email "This is y it's impossible 2 advance any $. He may unfortunately be in anticipitory breach at this point"

@ABC7Courts 5m
Michael Kane was MJ's business manager. On 6/20, he responded to Phillips saying "And I thought it couldn't get worse."

@ABC7Courts 2m
    Panish: Did you ever do anything? Phillips: Only the meeting on the 20th

@ABC7Courts 3m
    Panish: Did Mr. Branca ever tell you who the psychiatrist was? Phillips: No BP: Did you ask him for the name? RP: No

@ABC7Courts 3m
    Some jurors shook their heads when Phillips and Panish argued with each other and judge intervened.

@ABC7Courts 3m
    The email does not name who the doctor is, but Phillips testified shortly ago that he remembered a name. He said he was wrong about it.

@ABC7Courts 4m
    Branca responded to the email from Phillips saying he had the right therapist/spiritual advisor.

@ABC7Courts 4m
    Panish asked if Phillips ever told Ortega it was not his job to question MJ's health/doctor care. He replied no.

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member

@ABC7Courts 1m
Statement cont'd: I was gravely affected. I reached out to her through my statement to let her know that I care deeply about her

‏@ABC7Courts 1m
Statement cont'd: I love Paris with all of my heart and I just want her to be well and happy. Upon hearing the news of her current crisis

‏@ABC7Courts 2m
Heres's statement just released by Dr. Conrad Murray regarding Paris' suicide attempt: "From where I sit, all I have to give is love.

@ABC7Courts 2m
    There no trial tomorrow and Randy Phillips resumes testifying on Monday at 9:30 am PT. Hope to see you then! Have a great weekend!

@ABC7Courts 3m
    Phillips said the meeting with the doctor was at the request of Frank DiLeo. Judge then adjourned session for today.

@ABC7Courts 4m
    Kane asked Phillips in an email on June 20: "Would a financial coming to Jesus speech help or add to his pressure?"

@ABC7Courts 4m
    Panish quickly responded "I haven't made 50 of them" to which Phillips said "I don't know, I haven't watched the entire trial."

@ABC7Courts 4m
    Panish made a mistake in one exhibit and Phillips reacted immediately. "See, we all make mistakes," Phillips said.

@ABC7Courts 5m
    "I think he needed both, so in this case I'm not sure he meant therapist or psychiatrist," Phillips said.

@ABC7Courts 5m
    Panish talked about the email Ortega sent saying MJ needed a strong therapist and immediate physical nurturing.

@ABC7Courts 5m
    "AEG Live would've survived it (show) not happened," Phillips said. He agreed that part of his concern was that AEG Live would look bad.

@ABC7Courts 6m
    Phillips would not advance any more money to MJ on June 20th because Michael may had been in breach of contract already, Phillips testified.