Official May 11 2005 thread

sistahlamb

So how does the jury feel now since they saw the video outtakes? What do you think?

Well, I would give you an answer but I still don't know anything about the outakes yet.

All the media coverage on this trial is focusing on Maculay's testimony at the moment.

Frenchy

Court TV website:
http://www.courttv.com/trials/jackson/051105_ctv.html

"[...]

In court Wednesday, the defense played documentary outtakes, which were filmed simultaneously by Jackson's own film crew.

In the outtakes, documentarian Martin Bashir appears to be making manipulative overtures to Jackson, gushing over the singer's talents, his home, his relationship with his children – presumably in exchange for Jackson's frank talk and full access.

Jackson can be heard quoting Scripture, denying indulgence in plastic surgery, and waxing poetic about love, peace, his own loneliness and seeing God in the faces of little children.

At one point, after Bashir makes a remark about not liking to fly because of the drunken passengers, Jackson asks him if he is averse to "a little bit of Jesus Juice, a little bit of wine?" Jackson also confirms in the video that he does not drink alcohol.

The accuser has said that Jackson gave him wine in a Diet Coke can, and called it Jesus Juice. Jackson denies he has ever given children wine."

I want to hear more about the outtakes!

got2makeitright

Originally posted by Frenchy
Court TV website:
http://www.courttv.com/trials/jackson/051105_ctv.html

"[...]

In court Wednesday, the defense played documentary outtakes, which were filmed simultaneously by Jackson's own film crew.

In the outtakes, documentarian Martin Bashir appears to be making manipulative overtures to Jackson, gushing over the singer's talents, his home, his relationship with his children – presumably in exchange for Jackson's frank talk and full access.

Jackson can be heard quoting Scripture, denying indulgence in plastic surgery, and waxing poetic about love, peace, his own loneliness and seeing God in the faces of little children.

At one point, after Bashir makes a remark about not liking to fly because of the drunken passengers, Jackson asks him if he is averse to "a little bit of Jesus Juice, a little bit of wine?" Jackson also confirms in the video that he does not drink alcohol.

The accuser has said that Jackson gave him wine in a Diet Coke can, and called it Jesus Juice. Jackson denies he has ever given children wine."

I want to hear more about the outtakes!

There you have it!! He does not drank :D

"a little bit of Jesus Juice, a little bit of wine?" That qutoe was took out of line. :lol:

Frenchy

Originally posted by got2makeitright
There you have it!! He does not drank :D

"a little bit of Jesus Juice, a little bit of wine?" That qutoe was took out of line. :lol:

Nah uh. The flight attendant confirmed that she gave Mike some wine to help him relax. It was her idea, she said, but still: he does drink.

HeavenSent

Originally posted by Frenchy
Court TV website:
[The accuser has said that Jackson gave him wine in a Diet Coke can, and called it Jesus Juice. Jackson denies he has ever given children wine.
Thank you Frenchy. :thumbsup

I wish I had transcripts. I don't have any more info on the Dimond's reporting/spin...

To comment on that quote, if michael had referring to wine as Jesus Juice, how the hell was it supposed to be been his "little secret" to lure kids? He said it right there on the video to an an adult. Basically--and once again-- the accuser's have taken a benign thing and twisted to fit into their twisted, peverted lies.

got2makeitright

"a little bit of Jesus Juice, a little bit of wine?" That qutoe was took out of line.

There was ones a report on having Michael saying that on tape! Now we know.

Frenchy

Originally posted by HeavenSent
To comment on that quote, if michael had referring to wine as Jesus Juice, how the hell was it supposed to be been his "little secret" to lure kids? He said it right there on the video to an an adult. Basically--and once again-- the accuser's have taken a benign thing and twisted to fit into their twisted, peverted lies.
Well, I suppose the defense will talk more about the video tomorrow... How can they comment on the video without addressing the jury directly? Calling Bashir to the stand (doesn't sound likely) or the videographer (possible but he's testified already)? Do you think that the defense just played the video but they won't do more about it?

Frenchy

Originally posted by got2makeitright
"a little bit of Jesus Juice, a little bit of wine?" That qutoe was took out of line.

There was ones a report on having Michael saying that on tape! Now we know.

Are you saying that the accuser used this expression after hearing Michael use it during the filming of the video, and that the defense is using the video to prove that Gavin used it in his claim that Michael gave him alcohol? Well OK, but it doesn't prove that he did not indeed give Gavin alcohol... No I think there's more to come.

Frenchy

Originally posted by whisper
Don't post Court TV articles here.
Sorry Whisper. Since it sounded like an objective report, I thought it would be appropriate. Sorry! :uh_uh: Could we please just hear a little more about the outtakes and the reactions of the various observers? Because it looks like the defense has been fighting to show them... Time to set the record straight, Bashir!

Aaliyah

Macaulay Culkin denies molestation by Jackson
By Linda Deutsch
ASSOCIATED PRESS
12:44 p.m. May 11, 2005

Associated Press

SANTA MARIA — Actor Macaulay Culkin calmly and confidently testified Wednesday that he was never molested by Michael Jackson and told jurors that he and the pop star have a bond based on the shared experience of being children thrust into stardom.

The 24-year-old star of the "Home Alone" movies was the third young man to testify at Jackson's child molestation trial that as boys they slept with the adult Jackson at his Neverland ranch and were neither molested nor inappropriately touched, as prosecution witnesses have alleged.

"Do you have reason to believe Mr. Jackson molested you at any time?" defense attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. asked.

"Not at all," said Culkin, who entered court through a back way but later left through the front door, his hands clasped behind his back except when he tried to tame his wind-blown hair.

Culkin testified that he and Jackson were drawn together by their common experience as child performers, although he laughingly noted that "it was not like a child actors' self-help group."

"Anyone who was a child performer," he said, "we keep an eye out for each other."

Jackson, 46, is accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy in 2003, giving him wine and conspiring to hold the boy's family captive to get them to rebut a documentary in which the boy appeared with Jackson, who told an interviewer he let children sleep in his bed but it was innocent.

Culkin became part of the case when prosecutors were allowed to present testimony about Jackson's past to suggest he has a pattern of abusing boys. The testimony included an ex-chef who said he saw Jackson with a hand up Culkin's shorts as Jackson held the boy up to a video game.

Culkin, wearing a suit with an open-neck shirt, appeared relaxed and answered questions directly during less than 90 minutes of testimony. Godfather to two of Jackson's children, Culkin has appeared in such Jackson productions as his "Black or White" music video.

Several times during cross-examination, Senior Deputy District Attorney Ron Zonen cut off his answers, drawing an admonishment from Superior Court Judge Rodney S. Melville.

Culkin testified that he was 9 or 10 years old when he met Jackson and that he slept in Jackson's bed several times between the ages of 10 and 14, sometimes with other boys as well. He said the sleepovers weren't planned and that he and others would just fall asleep when they were tired.

Zonen suggested he could have been molested while he was asleep.

"I find that unlikely," Culkin said. "I think I'd realize that something like that was happening to me."

He was also asked by Zonen if there came a time when he stopped sleeping in Jackson's room.

"At the age of 20 you would not sleep in Mr. Jackson's room, would you?" asked Zonen.

"Probably not," said Culkin. "As you get older you begin to enjoy your privacy."

He also said he stopped coming to California because he was working mainly in New York.

Asked if he had ever had a conversation with his parents about whether he should sleep in a bed with Jackson, Culkin said, "No, they never saw it as an issue."

Zonen asked whether Culkin's father ever came in while he was in bed with Jackson.

"Sometimes my father would come in and wake us up," he said, nothing that his father like to go horseback riding in the early morning and wanted him to come along.

"Did your father ever say anything to Michael Jackson about him sleeping in bed with his 10-year-old son?" asked Zonen.

"No, it was a very casual thing so he never said anything," Culkin said.

"So the answer is no?" Zonen snapped.

"He never said anything," the actor replied.
Under questioning by Mesereau, Culkin also denied that Jackson would try to manipulate him with gifts so that the pop star could later touch Culkin.

Asked if Jackson ever pressured him, Culkin said, "He never pressured me to do anything at all. He was just my friend. He never pressured me to go to sleep at a particular time or to eat my vegetables."

He testified that his life changed after he starred in "Home Alone" and spoke of "photographers in the bushes and profiteers — people out to get you. It was something that just happened."

Culkin said he and Jackson often talked about missing out on their childhoods.

"It wasn't like therapy," he said, "but we talked about how these kind of things happen."

Culkin also spoke of Jackson leading an insular life and how he would have to go shopping in stores after hours.

The young actor called the charges against Jackson "absolutely ridiculous" and said he only learned of the allegations made about him when someone told him he should watch CNN.

"It was amazing to me that nobody even approached me and asked if these allegations were true," he said.

On cross-examination, Zonen asked Culkin if prosecutors had tried repeatedly to contact him but had been rebuffed.

"Not that I know of, no," Culkin said.

Culkin was also asked if he had talked to Jackson after molestation allegations arose in 1993. The boy in that claim received a multimillion-dollar settlement from Jackson and did not cooperate with the investigation, which ended with no charges filed against the pop star.

"Michael called to tell me people would be saying things in the press and they were not true," Culkin testified.

At one point Culkin described Jackson as "very childlike."

"He liked doing the things we did. He liked playing the arcade games although he wasn't as good as we were," he said, drawing laughs.
Prosecutors seized on the "childlike" comment and another about how guests in Jackson's room were free to look at memorabilia.

The prosecution has shown the jury dozens of sexually explicit magazines found in his room during a November 2003 search, and have alleged that Jackson showed the material to his accuser and the boy's brother.

Asked if he thought it was childlike to have such material, Culkin said, "When I was 12 or 13 years old I had a couple of Playboys under my bed."

When Zonen described the content of the magazines and asked if they were childlike, Culkin said, "I don't think there's anything wrong with having those things."

Culkin himself faces a court hearing next month on two misdemeanor drug counts in Oklahoma City. He was arrested Sept. 17, 2004, after police alleged found more than a half-ounce of marijuana and several tablets of the prescription medication Xanax in a car in which he was a passenger.

Culkin has pleaded innocent to the charges and is free on $4,000 bail.

Following Culkin, the jury heard Jackson's former head of personal security, James Van Norman, testify about the difficulty of protecting him on the road, especially after the 1993 allegations.
The defense then began playing a videotape recorded by Jackson's videographer while journalist Martin Bashir made the controversial "Living With Michael Jackson" documentary. The defense claims it shows things in the documentary were out of context.

On the tape Bashir notes he is also a parent and says he has learned from Jackson while watching his interaction with children.

Jackson talks about his charity work, noting that Mother Teresa, Princess Diana, Audrey Hepburn and Danny Kaye have died, leaving no one to speak for the "voiceless."

"There's not a voice for the voiceless and I've been doing it quietly for many, many years," Jackson says.

Jackson also says he would often hug or play with his deer and chimpanzee, Bubbles, to relax after a hard day's work. He also says he once considered having a celebrity animal party for Bubbles, Cheetah from the "Tarzan" movies, and the film and TV dogs Benji and Lassie.

Asked why he loves children, Jackson says that in the Bible the apostles ask Jesus which of them he favors and Jesus points to a child and says the child is the most humble and innocent.

"Why is it weird to want to be humble and innocent," Jackson says. "Not childish, but childlike? I see God in that."

Associated Press Writer Tim Molloy contributed to this report.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/2...aeljackson.html

Cristine87

Originally posted by aaliyah

Jackson talks about his charity work, noting that Mother Teresa, Princess Diana, Audrey Hepburn and Danny Kaye have died, leaving no one to speak for the "voiceless."

"There's not a voice for the voiceless and I've been doing it quietly for many, many years," Jackson says.

Jackson also says he would often hug or play with his deer and chimpanzee, Bubbles, to relax after a hard day's work. He also says he once considered having a celebrity animal party for Bubbles, Cheetah from the "Tarzan" movies, and the film and TV dogs Benji and Lassie.

Asked why he loves children, Jackson says that in the Bible the apostles ask Jesus which of them he favors and Jesus points to a child and says the child is the most humble and innocent.

"Why is it weird to want to be humble and innocent," Jackson says. "Not childish, but childlike? I see God in that."
What the hell is wrong with what he's saying? I read his words above & I wonder to myself "What the hell are people bitching about?" Michael may have different ideals than other people but that doesn't mean he's a danger to anyone. I think it's so stupid how people are so outraged. What the hell is there to be so outraged about? What is so bad about what he's saying? Michael has these beautiful sweet ideas & words & everybody's making him out to like he's crazy. Again I ask, why?

HeavenSent

It's quite simple why. When it comes to Michael Jackson, it's the season to see who can be the most ignorant and get away w/it. People's brain cells seem to retract and shrink, I'm being serious. And for them to lose all capacity for open mindedness?? And most times, it's not even about being open minded, because a lot of the things that Michael does are NOT THAT RADICAL.

It's about not even using the basic common sense that we all need to function.

It's amazing.

But whatever. karma's a bitch. These people are going to need life support pretty soon anyway. What goes around, comes right back around like they say.

got2makeitright

It's quite simple why. When it comes to Michael Jackson, it's the season to see who can be the most ignorant and get away w/it. People's brain cells seem to retract and shrink, I'm being serious. And for them to lose all capacity for open mindedness?? And most times, it's not even about being open minded, because a lot of the things that Michael does are NOT THAT RADICAL.

It's about not even using the basic common sense that we all need to function.

It's amazing.

But whatever. karma's a bitch. These people are going to need life support pretty soon anyway. What goes around, comes right back around like they say.
:lol:

A

Anonymous

where the hell did you get that from??? we haven't heard a peep out of Jordan.

I remember Geraldine Hughes saying that. :nonono: