Official May 19 2005 Thread

Aaliyah

Larry King Can't Testify for Jackson
By TIM MOLLOY

SANTA MARIA, Calif. (AP) - The judge in Michael Jackson's child molestation trial ruled Thursday against allowing CNN host Larry King to testify for the defense, saying his testimony would be irrelevant.

Judge Rodney S. Melville ruled after listening to King's account of a conversation with an attorney, Larry Feldman, who represented the accuser's family.

Without the jury present, King said that Feldman told him the accuser's mother was out for money and referred to her as "wacko."

Feldman testified earlier for the prosecution and denied saying such things about his clients.

After listening to King's account, the judge ruled that King's testimony would not impeach Feldman's own testimony and King left the court.

Feldman was contacted by the accuser's family members after they left Jackson's Neverland estate for the last time in 2003. He referred them to Stan Katz, a psychologist who reported suspicions of child molestation to authorities after interviewing the family members.

On the stand and without jurors present, King said he spoke to Feldman at a Beverly Hills restaurant before the trial began. He said he and a producer were trying to get Feldman to appear on "Larry King Live."

He said Feldman told him he didn't take the mother's case because he didn't find her credible and thought she was only after money.

"The mother was a 'wacko' was the term he used," King said.

"He said he thinks she wants money. ... He said 'wacko' a couple of times and he said 'she's in this for the money,'" King told the judge.

Jackson defense attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. asked King if he asked Feldman to clarify what he meant by wacko.

"No, I think that's self-explanatory," King said.

Jackson, 46, is accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy in February or March 2003 and plying him with wine. He is also charged with conspiring to hold the boy's family captive to get them to rebut a damaging documentary in which Jackson said he let children sleep in his bed but that it was non-sexual.

Feldman testified in early April. The prosecution had called him as part of its explanation to the jury of how the alleged molestation came to the attention of authorities. But the defense used his appearance to pursue its contention that the accuser and his family were out to get money from Jackson.

Feldman acknowledged under cross-examination that the boy, now 15, could file a civil lawsuit against Jackson until he turns 20 years old.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050519/D.../D8A6BQF00.html

Eboni

Originally posted by got2makeitright
You scare me anyways any updates?

:lol: ...u started it...

-I haven't heard anything as yet...I depend on Whisper or any one else 4 any updates....I am at work!!! :D

Aaliyah

52951277.jpg

A

Anonymous

The judge in Michael Jackson's child molestation trial ruled Thursday against allowing CNN host Larry King to testify for the defense, saying his testimony would be irrelevant.

THAT is the STUPIDEST RULING!!!!!!!! WTF!? Irrelevant?!?!

A

Anonymous

Without the jury present, King said that Feldman told him the accuser's mother was out for money and referred to her as "wacko."

That is so important. SO important. And Larry King would never say something just to benefit Michael...he has no agendas.

I can't believe this bullshit.

It sure would impeach his testimony, he denied saying that! Uh! I'd run in the court room and yell it to the jury, just so they can hear it.

Bastard.

A

Anonymous

I just wish there was a huge bombshell today.

If Larry King had testified there would have been.

I don't like a lot of the ways of this system. Judges should be required to give reasons for their rulings. For all we know that bastard could have rejected King's testimony because he doesn't like Larry King.

got2makeitright

Originally posted by NevaehDreamz

I don't like a lot of the ways of this system. Judges should be required to give reasons for their rulings. For all we know that bastard could have rejected King's testimony because he doesn't like Larry King.

Ya your right but can Mez sneak a bombshell today if he wanted to?

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by hannibal@ MJJF
Imagine this scenario if you will: imagine Mark Geragos had met with King at the restaurant, and said y' know Jackson is a wacko, and from what I've seen, I think he did it, and I don't feel comfortable representing him.

Imagine how devastating that would be to the Jackson case--and I bet the judge would allow it.

The only thing I can take from this is that the truth is out there; it wasn't told to the jury, but it is out there. And remeber there are two juries we are fighting for--the one in the court and the one outside the court.

There is no reason ot to belive Larry King--Larry Feldman and the Arvizos are fuqed.

I just thought this was a good post.

Eboni

Yep.. u gotta watch that Melville because he's a bit shifty..

-...he reminds me of Lex Luthors dad from Smallville...Lionel Luthor :yuk

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
About Azja Pryor's testimony:

She does corroborate the M.O. of the mother. She doesn't outright ask or the cash. She just badgers the celebrities -- calling them at all hours of the day and night -- with all of her "problems" until they give her money.

She also sheds light on them lying in the JCPenney lawsuit. She was told the accuser broke his arm playing baseball. But the mother apparently used that broken arm to claim JCPenney security beat them all.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by whisper
About Azja Pryor's testimony:

She does corroborate the M.O. of the mother. She doesn't outright ask or the cash. She just badgers the celebrities -- calling them at all hours of the day and night -- with all of her "problems" until they give her money.

She also sheds light on them lying in the JCPenney lawsuit. She was told the accuser broke his arm playing baseball. But the mother apparently used that broken arm to claim JCPenney security beat them all.
Yeah.

They just said that Azja testified that after the DCFS interview, the mother asked Azja to take the children BACK TO NEVERLAND so she could try and get passports for their trip to Brazil. Azja said she seemed excited.

Azja Pryor is Chris Tucker's Ex-Girlfriend.

A

Anonymous

Mez questioned Aja if Janet ever said she needed to escape from nevvy. Aja with
a big smile said, no. Mez asked why was she smiling and Aja said that "It's Neverland, who would want to escape!!"

MJJF

I don't know why, but when I read that I thought of Michael. :laugh

SpecialJanet25

Damm i dont like that :cryptic

Relax, I was talking about defense might called their own '93 witnesses whenever they get to it.

Vicky, I know you are upbeat about Melville's rulling about Larry King, but girl, this shit is far from over. This could go back to hanuted Melville because stupid is ass is only trying to safe Sneddon's ass from embrassment.

My point exactly Aja, Who would want to escape from Neverland? J. Arizso's testmony was so bizarre she need to be a mental hosptial. :crackingu

SpecialJanet25

Mez questioned Aja if Janet ever said she needed to escape from nevvy. Aja with
a big smile said, no. Mez asked why was she smiling and Aja said that "It's Neverland, who would want to escape!!"

MJJF

I don't know why, but when I read that I thought of Michael. :laugh

You are so sweet! :wink