Official May 20 2005 thread

alfredo

These pundits just don't get it! The conspiracy charge is now tied around Sneddumb and Janut's necks. The jury can't accept the molestation without the conspiracy because you linked them and you bet your case on them. In an effort to explain how your glowing praise turn to scorn, you made up this fantasy of "killers and hot-air ballons" and now you're trapped in your own "Never Neverland". In short, eat sh*t!!!

:sneddoncrybaby

_meowme_

Anyway hi i am kinda new to this..HI! wow this board is so cool it's like some underscovered tropical paradise Island....And what your saying is true. If they brought the case in with the kidnap charges they would have had a better chance know it just looks like they concocted the whole thing :lol:

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by alfredo
These pundits just don't get it! The conspiracy charge is now tied around Sneddumb and Janut's necks. The jury can't accept the molestation without the conspiracy because you linked them and you bet your case on them. In an effort to explain how your glowing praise turn to scorn, you made up this fantasy of "killers and hot-air ballons" and now you're trapped in your own "Never Neverland". In short, eat sh*t!!!

:sneddoncrybaby

If the jury don't believe in the conspriacy charge then they won't believe in the molestration charges. It called common sense. If I was on the jury, if this family was being held against their will, why didn't they called the police or ask somone to help them. She made a fool herself on the stand and she got no to blame but herself. Hot-air Balloons, killers, getting a body wax, going shopping and don't say anyone about being held captive? YEAH RIGHT!

danaluvsmj

blah, Melville can be such an ass! :screaming but even if Mark's testimony is stricken it doesn't matter because the jury already heard what he has to say. I'm sure they won't forget when it comes time for diliberation. I just hope this BS will be over soon. I'm guessing it will probably be another few weeks before a verdict comes in.

sistahlamb

I'm still a little worried about Geregos' testimony where he said he--supposedly--forgot how the passports ended up in his evidence box.

When did this happen????

Aaliyah

52958195.jpg

2005-05-20T201618Z_01_SMT08_RTRIDSP_2_CRIME-JACKSON.jpg

2005-05-20T202844Z_01_SMT10_RTRIDSP_2_CRIME-JACKSON.jpg

Cristine87

It amazes me that the prosecution thought they could intimidate Mark Geragos. Mark Geragos is a lawyer, he knows the game & how to play it!

sistahlamb

Article f/MercuryNews
The judge in Michael Jackson's child molestation trial said Friday he may sanction lead defense attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. for misrepresenting the terms under which Jackson waived his privilege of confidentiality with former lawyer Mark Geragos.

"I feel deceived by Mr. Mesereau and I am considering ... sanctions of some sort against Mr. Mesereau," Superior Court Judge Rodney S. Melville said in a hearing before Geragos resumed testifying.

Jackson only waived attorney-client privilege for the period up until his arrest in November 2003 but that limit was not disclosed until Geragos mentioned it while testifying last week.

The prosecution and the judge were surprised by the limitation, and at the time Mesereau apologized, saying he had not thought the period after arrest was relevant.

Defense attorney Robert Sanger argued Friday that he had given a copy of the waiver to the district attorney and the judge's clerk, but it apparently hadn't been read.

The judge said that was not relevant because he considered Mesereau to have misrepresented the waiver in his statements in open court.

Prosecutors argued that Geragos should be required to testify about the period after the arrest because of the misrepresentation, but the judge ruled that Geragos would only have to testify about the period allowed by the waiver.

The judge said he could have stricken Geragos' testimony from the record but didn't think that was viable because jurors had already heard it and were likely to remember it during deliberations.

Jackson, 46, is accused of molesting a 13-year-old boy in February or March 2003, plying him with wine and conspiring to hold the boy's family captive. Prosecutors said he wanted them to rebut a TV documentary in which Jackson said he let children sleep in his bed, but it was non-sexual.

Geragos began testifying on May 13 but was granted a one-week delay before returning because of his obligations to other cases.

When testimony resumed, Senior Deputy District Attorney Ron Zonen asked Geragos about the specifics of surveillance conducted on the accuser's family by a private investigator, Bradley Miller, who worked for Geragos.

Zonen asked whether Geragos ordered Miller to monitor the home of the mother's parents.

Geragos said he gave Miller general orders to keep tabs on the family but didn't tell him specifically what to do.

"I told him, 'Find out who they're meeting with and what they're doing,'" Geragos said.

He said he was concerned the family might go to tabloids to sell a story or to an attorney to try to sue Jackson.

"My concern was that there was going to be some kind of accusation made, there was going to be some false story concocted," Geragos said.

Prosecutors have shown surveillance videotapes to suggest that Jackson and his associates were plotting to hold the family captive, and the mother has testified she feared her parents and her boyfriend would be in danger if she didn't cooperate with Jackson.

Zonen tried to link Miller to the alleged captivity conspiracy by asking Geragos if he knew that an employee of Miller threw rocks at the home of the accuser's grandparents, an incident that the accuser's grandmother and sister alleged in their testimony.

"I don't send people out to throw stones at people's houses," Geragos said.

Zonen also asked about a note left at the house in which the boy and his brother were asked to contact Vince Amen or Frank Tyson, who are in a group of Jackson associates and employees who prosecutors have named as unindicted co-conspirators.

Geragos said he had never seen the note before.

The testimony was marked by snippy exchanges between Zonen and Geragos, and the judge at one point chided the prosecutor for approaching the witness stand too often without permission.

Zonen also asked if employees of Geragos stood guard outside the family's room at a resort called the Country Suites in Calabasas - one of the places where the family claims to have been held.

"I don't believe that any employees of mine were standing guard outside the Country Suites," Geragos said. "I don't buy that for a second."

On Thursday, Jackson's legal team scored a victory as jurors were allowed to see a video tour of his Neverland ranch that District Attorney Tom Sneddon called "propaganda." Amid idyllic scenes of the estate was a chalkboard with a note by one of Jackson's children that said "I love you daddy."

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/merc...ws/11696969.htm

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Ja' at MJJF

*Court TV update*

- Geragos on re-direct
- Zonen asked for Geragos's files again and Melvilled denied him.
- Geragos has been literrally running that courtroom today.
- Zonen seems very flustered.