Official May 25 2005 thread

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Chris Tucker is providing some absolutely devastating testimony in the courtroom about the family according to Savannah Guthrie (court tv).

It's taking too too long to process the vid, so I'll be posting one of the clips in a few minutes.

got2makeitright

Savannah just said that Leno took the judge's gavel (sp?) yesterday, and on Leno's show last night he showed it off. Today the judge said (when the jurors were in the room), "has anyone seen my gavel?" and the jury all laughed which implies that they watch Leno's show.

Danielle Oliver

Tucker Takes Stand As Final Defense Witness
Closing Arguments Expected Next Week

POSTED: 8:31 am PDT May 25, 2005
UPDATED: 9:45 am PDT May 25, 2005

SANTA MARIA, Calif. -- Actor and comedian Chris Tucker testified Wednesday in Michael Jackson's child molestation trial that during the time he befriended Jackson's young accuser he found the boy to be unusually sophisticated and cunning for a 12-year-old.
"He was really smart and he was cunning at times, and his brother ... was definitely cunning," said Tucker, who was called by Jackson's attorneys as their last witness.

Tucker was put on the stand to help make the defense case that the boy and his family have a history of targeting celebrities and trying to get money from them. The defense was expected to rest when Tucker was done, without calling Jackson.

After the defense rests, prosecutors will begin a rebuttal and Jackson's attorneys will then be given an opportunity to respond. Closing arguments probably will not begin before next week.

Tucker also testified that he once took Jackson aside and warned him to "watch out" for the boy's mother because he had grown suspicious of her.

Tucker said the boy repeatedly asked for gifts but that he forgave the boy's behavior because he knew he had battled cancer and had family problems.

"He would always say, 'Chris, let me have this ... I'm not feeling too good,"' Tucker said.

Other comedians who have testified, including George Lopez and Jay Leno, cracked a few jokes on the stand. But Tucker's demeanor was calm and serious in stark contrast to his outrageous demeanor in the "Rush Hour" films and such movies as "Friday" and "The Fifth Element."

Jackson, 46, is charged with molesting the boy in 2003 when the youth was 13, giving him wine and conspiring to hold his family captive to get them to rebut a documentary in which the boy appeared with Jackson as the entertainer said he let children into his bed for innocent sleepovers.

Tucker, who co-starred with Jackie Chan in the "Rush Hour" movies, met Jackson's accuser at a benefit while the boy was battling cancer in 2000.

Tucker provided details about a gift of at least $1,500 that he gave to the family after the fundraiser for the boy at a Hollywood comedy club. He said the boy came to his house after the fundraiser and told him it hadn't raised any money.

"He was just real sad looking, saying they didn't raise any money and they needed some money," Tucker said.

Jackson defense attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. asked Tucker if he became suspicious since he had seen many people at the benefit.

"Yes, but I was always thinking I was helping him so I just did it," Tucker said.

Tucker also said that at one point he considered giving a truck to the family but then became concerned that he was doing too much for them.

He said that he initially gave the mother the keys to the vehicle but she lost them, and when the boy repeatedly asked him for copies of the keys he reconsidered.

"They were constantly calling for the truck and I felt the mother was making them call because it was getting on my nerves," Tucker said.

Tucker said the issue of a vehicle arose again after the boy appeared with Jackson in the documentary "Living With Michael Jackson." He said the boy told him he was being harassed by the media and that the family needed a vehicle.

"He said it was hard for him to get around because the media was hounding them and they had no transportation," Tucker said.

Tucker accompanied the boy and his family on a trip to Miami to see Jackson on the day the documentary aired.

Prosecutors contend Jackson used the trip to keep the family from seeing the documentary.

But Tucker testified that the boy said he wanted to go to Miami to be with Jackson and to get away from media bothering him and his family. Tucker said he agreed to charter a flight.

Tucker said that when he arrived at Jackson's suite in Miami he pulled Jackson aside to report his concerns about the mother.

"I told him to watch out for her because I felt suspicious about her," Tucker said. "I was trying to talk to Michael. She kept interrupting. ... I pulled Michael in a room. I told him, 'You need to watch out."'

Tucker said Jackson listened but they didn't talk long because the singer was busy.

Tucker also said the boy initially introduced him to Jackson by letting him talk to the singer while Tucker was on the set of a movie in Las Vegas. He said after the conversation he and Jackson agreed to meet in New York, and have remained friends since.

On Tuesday, Leno said he grew suspicious when he began receiving overly effusive voice mail messages from the boy in 2000. He said he thought it strange that a 12-year-old would tell a comedian in his 50s that he was his hero.

"I'm not Batman," Leno said, to laughter throughout the courtroom.

Leno said the boy left so many messages that he finally approached comedian Louise Palanker, a friend who was among several comedians helping the boy's family.

"I said, 'What's the story here? This doesn't sound like a 12-year-old. This seems a little scripted,"' Leno testified.

Source: http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4530274/detail.htm...0305252005&ts=H

got2makeitright

MSNBC update, Jennifer London reported :

- Chris Tucker used the words "smart" "cunning" to describe the acuser

- He talked about his relationship with the acuser and his family

- He said that the acuser asked him for money and he bought the acuser and his brother shoes and cloths

- Chris said that as he spent more time with this family he bacame nervous and wanted to pull back from them

- They used to say "we love you" and "you're like a brother" to him all the time which made him very nervous

- Chris talked about the trip to Miami, and he thought that something wasn't right

- He said that in Miami he pulled MJ and said "something aint right" referring to the family.

- The jury is paying very close attention

- A legal analyst infront of the court house said that Chris is a very good witness to end with

- He put the showed that BOTH the acuser and his mother are scamming together and this is very important because they're the ones making all these allegations

- Chris Tucker is facing cross right now

- The defense has idicated that he's their final witness

Better than that leno dude lol..Take that leno!!

sistahlamb

What about the Miami trip????

So let me get this srtaight: The prosecution claims that it was Michael and his camp that forced the family into going to Miami to do a "press conference" that never happened, but it's coming out in court now that the family wanted to go to Miami to meet with Michael.

Am I correct on all of this???

got2makeitright

someone said this in a other site: What does it mean?

Even if Chris is off the stand, the case is over!! If MJ is not found "not guilty", then u know that it was a bought Jury along with a bought Judge we already know of.

nowayout11

Originally posted by sistahlamb
What about the Miami trip????

So let me get this srtaight: The prosecution claims that it was Michael and his camp that forced the family into going to Miami to do a "press conference" that never happened, but it's coming out in court now that the family wanted to go to Miami to meet with Michael.

Am I correct on all of this???

Correct. Tucker is saying the family called him and asked to go to Miami.

got2makeitright

Back to leno-If leno wasnt asked for money by the slime family why did he tell the ventura police he thought they were trying to defraud him of money?

nowayout11

Originally posted by got2makeitright

They're saying that if the jury comes back with a verdict other than "not guilty" then they were biased or bought.

People are over-dramatic sometimes. :thumbsdow

No worries though, this case is an obvious scam at this point.

Eboni

OH PLEASE!!!!!!.........A bought jury AND judge!!!!

-Man pass me the panadols because I am truely gonna get me a slitting headache reading such ludicris garbage.

-(I am reffering to the quote u got from elsewhere)

-When Michael seemed to be in the RED most people were cool and in high spirits....oh justice will be served, he should've know better, he can't get away with this one again, the law will prevail...blah..blah...blah (f**kers)

-Now that things have changed and the SCAM has been unearthed, the song on their pathetic lips have changed it's melody also...oh the jury is bias, the judge was paid out, Michael is using his charm again, celebrities of his caliber don't go to jail....blah..blah ...blah (bitches)

-I have one thing to say to all those above mentioned folks...

F**K OFF!!!!

Cristine87

This is all very important because it's showing a pattern that these people keep going after celebrity & trying to get things from them.

Cristine87

Originally posted by Eboni
OH PLEASE!!!!!!.........A bought jury AND judge!!!!

-Man pass me the panadols because I am truely gonna get me a slitting headache reading such ludicris garbage.

-(I am reffering to the quote u got from elsewhere)

-When Michael seemed to be in the RED most people were cool and in high spirits....oh justice will be served, he should've know better, he can't get away with this one again, the law will prevail...blah..blah...blah (f**kers)

-Now that things have changed and the SCAM has been unearthed, the song on their pathetic lips have changed it's melody also...oh the jury is bias, the judge was paid out, Michael is using his charm again, celebrities of his caliber don't go to jail....blah..blah ...blah (bitches)

-I have one thing to say to all those above mentioned folks...

F**K OFF!!!!
Amen! What the hell is wrong with people? They talk so much shit & are so hard headed!

It means that if that happens to be the outcome then both the Jury was bought with the aid of money to swing their verdict.

I'm intrested in where you got this quote from, because if it was a Michael Jackson forum then I think it should read "if Michael is found guilty, then.."

nowayout11

Originally posted by classicaldj1
Fox says Chris wasn't very much of a bombshell.

Please tell me they are wrong!!

Well, "bombshell" is pretty subjective. He certainly didn't help the prosecution by any means.

Personally, anything at this point that shows the family to be schysters is no bombshell to me. It's pretty obvious now. :lol:

Eboni

Originally posted by Cristine87
Amen! What the hell is wrong with people? They talk so much shit & are so hard headed!

i'M TELLING YOU GIRL...I AM SO FED UP RIGHT ABOUT NOW!!!!