Official May 26 2005 Thread

MystiqueX2004

two questions...if Gaving had changed his story from the time of the original investigation to now, then why would the prosecution want to present this to the court? Wouldn't that hurt their case more than help it?

MystiqueX2004

Originally posted by _meowme_
Well everyone is kind of lost, is it the edited verison or the whole video that's going to be shown.

it wouldn't be fair for the edited video to be shown, but if it is, then can the defense decide to show the entire video to show the inconsistencies?

whisperAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Guthrie (court tv): Judge will allow an edited version of the tape in. The defense says b/c of that ruling, the defense will call Gavin Arvizo, Janet Arvizo, Stan Katz and Larry Feldman back to the stand

Prosecution wanted to introduce photographs of Jackson's genitals. The judge said NO, it's not coming in.

HeavenSent

Originally posted by MystiqueX2004
two questions...if Gaving had changed his story from the time of the original investigation to now, then why would the prosecution want to present this to the court? Wouldn't that hurt their case more than help it?
Baffles my mind.

But I guess he wants to show Gavin's vulnerable, "fragile" side, boo-hoo'ing and crap to tug @ the jurors heartstrings. I guess he thinks they can somehow look past the inconsistent timeline.

Oh well. This is a gift to the defense. Now they get to grill the punk. The mother too.

HeavenSent

Originally posted by whisper
Prosecution wanted to introduce photographs of Jackson's genitals. The judge said NO, it's not coming in.
After they done rested their case, NOW all of a sudden they want to show Michael's privates. Hell no. I'm glad the judge exercised decency. If those pictures were a huge part of the case, Sneddon & Co. waited too late to decide they were somehow relevant.

Nasty bastards.

got2makeitright

Janet back on the stand as one of the last things the jury sees. Now THAT is an idea I like!

As for the tape, when the pros showed LWMJ it was the whole thing. If somehow they manage to persuade Melville to let them edit it, there is NO WAY the judge can stop the defense from showing it in its entirety when it's their turn to rebut. If Sneddon wants that tape in, he'd better be happy with the jury hearing every word, every inconsistent date, every reference to pills, and seeing the 'victim's demeanour during the whole testimony...

classicaldj

Melville is allowing the prosecution to use the tape. But they need to reduce it down to 30 minutes. And both sides have to get together and decide on which parts.

But the defense will get to call back Gavin, the mother, Katz and Feldman.

Eboni

Hmmmmm....i am glad that the ARVIZO GANG is going back on the stand in a way.

-It will remind the jurors..(in case they forgot)..how utterly ridiculous these people are...

:yuk

HeavenSent

Originally posted by got2makeitright
Do you think its good that they will be back?? Mez did he job
Hello, of course it's good. Don't you remember the disaster they were for the pros. when they were called the first time?

sistahlamb

The prosecution only kept Katz on the stand for 30 minutes.

Hopefully the defence will get to pump more info out of him this time.

Eboni

Originally posted by HeavenSent
Hello, of course it's good. Don't you remember the disaster they were for the pros. when they were called the first time?

:lol: ..I remember...Janut didn't get her sedatives prescription filled on time so she had to go to court and ended up freaking out and sometimes falling asleep :lol:

got2makeitright

Originally posted by sistahlamb
The prosecution only kept Katz on the stand for 30 minutes.

Hopefully the defence will get to pump more info out of him this time.

He on the stand now!!! WTF!! NOW omg the da has them ready!! bitach!