Official May 27 2005 thread

sistahlamb

Jim Thomas :

- everybody is surprised

- the jury watched the video very carefully

- they had very serious looks on their face

- the acuser was very reluctant to say what happened and they had to draw it out of him

- he was slow to respond . and he was tired

- it didn't seem rehersed to him (Sneddon's friend)

- on the tape he said he was touched 4 or 5 times by MJ

- he was looking down at the floor and mumbling

- he thinks it's very effective but it won't make it a slam dunk for the prosecution

- the prosecution were very happy about ending the case this way

That's not what the rest of the media is saying.

F**king dumbass.

sunny2005

UPDATED

Defense Suddenly Rests in Jackson Case By LINDA DEUTSCH, AP Special Correspondent
6 minutes ago

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - Michael Jackson's accuser returned to the courtroom on videotape Friday as the prosecution showed a 2003 interview in which the boy – downcast and speaking quietly – told investigators for the first time that the pop star molested him.

In a surprising move after the video, defense lawyers decided not to call the boy back to the stand, as they had planned to do. The defense did not put on a rebuttal case, meaning closing arguments could begin as early as Wednesday.

In the tape, the boy haltingly described the alleged molestation in much of the same language he used in his testimony during the trial. The tape showed the boy, in denim shorts and a blue shirt, slumped in a chair. He occasionally smiled, scratched his arm and fumbled with a button on his shirt.

"He put his hands in my pants. He started masturbating me," the boy told detectives who urged him to tell his story. "I told him I didn't want to do that and he kept on doing it. I told him no."

The interview was conducted with sheriff's investigators in Santa Barbara on July 6, 2003. Investigators made small-talk as they tried to build rapport before pressing him to be forthcoming.

With his head down and frequently pausing, the boy described the alleged molestation in a low voice.

On the tape he said Jackson masturbated him "five or so" times and later clarified under questioning by Sgt. Steve Robel that it was five times or less.

In his witness stand testimony the boy said he could remember Jackson masturbating him twice but there may have been more times. His brother testified to twice seeing Jackson molesting the boy.

In the taped interview he described things that Jackson allegedly said to him, including that boys need to masturbate or they would go crazy.

After that, Robel told the boy, "I guarantee you will feel much better after you get it ... off your chest."

The boy then took a deep breath and after a long pause went on.

"He said that he wanted to show me how to masturbate," the boy said. "I said no. Then he said he could do it for me."

The boy looked down, then resumed haltingly.

"He grabbed me," he said.

Robel asked him where he was grabbed.

"My private area," the boy said, going on to describe the masturbation and saying that Jackson touched him for "a long time."

Asked what Jackson said in response to being told to stop, the boy told Robel, "He said that's OK. It's natural."

The boy said the first molestation occurred after he and Jackson had been drinking at the singer's Neverland ranch.

"Toward the last days at Neverland ... he would always have me drink," the boy said.

The accuser, now 15, testified at the start of the trial. The prosecution asked to introduce the tape during its rebuttal case, which began after the defense rested earlier this week.

After lengthy arguments, the judge admitted the tape for limited purposes – to "examine his demeanor and the manner in which he made the disclosures."

Jackson, 46, is charged with molesting the then-13-year-old boy in February or March 2003, giving him wine and conspiring to hold his family captive to get them to rebut a documentary in which the boy appeared with Jackson as the entertainer said he let children into his bed but it was non-sexual.

sistahlamb

Many people have said that when G testifed back in march or whenever it was, he sounded like he was reading from a long narrative. He was also argumentitive during his cross-examination.

got2makeitright

Originally posted by sistahlamb
Many people have said that when G testifed back in march or whenever it was, he sounded like he was reading from a long narrative. He was also argumentitive during his cross-examination.

Who said that?

Cristine87

Originally posted by got2makeitright
You mean he said that same thing he said on the stand? lol
Not just what he said, but in the way that he said. If he said it using the same words & language then somebody rehearsed him. Like the paralegal said, this lady took her kids to acting class so he did the usual things a victime would do, he was slow in saying it, he was soft spoken. The kid was scripted. I don't get how he can be so soft spoken on the tape but give a fu.cking attitude on the stand.

"Toward the last days at Neverland ... he would always have me drink," the boy said.

Oh, really? Michael would have you drink? Bullshit! You & your brother would on your own!

sistahlamb

Whoa wait a minute.....Did give an exact date when he claims he was molested???? That's what the media should be reporting on because it was originaly stated that the abuse started on Febuary 7, 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was Michael even at Neverland on that date????? As far as I know he wasn't.

Cristine87

Originally posted by sistahlamb
Whoa wait a minute.....Did give an exact date when he claims he was molested???? That's what the media should be reporting on because it was originaly stated that the abuse started on Febuary 7, 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was Michael even at Neverland on that date????? As far as I know he wasn't.
Wasn't he in Miami?

SexyMJLover

here's some more pics guys... sorry i took so long only i was trying to keep up with the news aswell lol! :lol:

day60pic6.bmp

day60pic7.bmp

day60pic8.bmp

day60pic9.bmp

day60pic10.bmp

day60pic11.bmp

HeavenSent

The way I see it, the defense knew all along that they weren't going to call gavin back to the stand, and rather went on ahead, proclaimed that they would, and had the prosecution proceed to play a video which proved nothing new...Which made them look stupid...And had the defense sticking to their game plan of resting their case.

I actually looked forward to possibly having gavin back on the stand, same w/katz, though. The mother?? well whatever.

But this has to end sometime. Abruptly putting an end to the madness, I'm sure minimized the pros. abilities and showed the confidence that they still have in securing a victory.

I keep saying, things happen for a reason, so I'm not going to quit thinking this. This was all pre-ordained....

I dunno...

The one thing I wish I could have is a fast- forward to the closing arguements. The waiting game I do not enjoy.

Cristine87

Originally posted by HeavenSent

The one thing I wish I could have is a fast- forward to the closing arguements. The waiting game I do not enjoy.
God, me too! That's why I'm dreading deliberation because I think they're gonna take a while to come to a decision & the idea of waiting to hear Mike's fate kills me. One thing I do know in my heart, there are people in that jury who know Michael is innocent of these charges.