Official May 27 2005 thread

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by HeavenSent
The way I see it, the defense knew all along that they weren't going to call gavin back to the stand, and rather went on ahead, proclaimed that they would, and had the prosecution proceed to play a video which proved nothing new...Which made them look stupid...And had the defense sticking to their game plan of resting their case.

I actually looked forward to possibly having gavin back on the stand, same w/katz, though. The mother?? well whatever.

But this has to end sometime. Abruptly putting an end to the madness, I'm sure minimized the pros. abilities and showed the confidence that they still have in securing a victory.

I keep saying, things happen for a reason, so I'm not going to quit thinking this. This was all pre-ordained....

I dunno...

The one thing I wish I could have is a fast- forward to the closing arguements. The waiting game I do not enjoy.

The waiting game is going to put all of us to stress. Mez saw the tape and thought don't need to rebuttal this, I know exactly what to do. Gavin said the same stuff as he did on the stand. I'm happy that this nightmare is finally coming to an end and hope to God we will see a big, huge smile on Michael's face soon. Stay Strong everyone!

HeavenSent

Remember y'all: This is a holiday weekend for us here in the U.S. Monday is Memorial Day, so that inevitably means 4 days of media spin from today (Friday) to Monday. 4 days of more Michael talk than usual. Try not to overload on T.V. There's no court so there's nothing for folks to do but to overanalyze and rehash.

Eboni

Yeah, these are going to be some long days for us MJ fans but as long as there is MJEOL and also all the other sites dedicated to Michael Jackson then I know that no MJ fan is alone and we'll continue to support each other with positive comments.

-I am glad to be a member on MJEOL...you guys really help with the stress of this case.

-I know some of us here get a bit annoyed with each other but hey we are all MJ supporters at the end of the day!!

-Keep the faith and keep praying!!!

HeavenSent

Another thing. It might help to go read Mesereau's bio on his website.

I may have mentioned this on a few occasions and I think it's very important to remember that our insecurities/hangups are own own. You HAVE to know that 'worst case scenario' is like his daily reality check to keep him grounded, but to also remain confident that Michael's case will go down as the biggest "non case" in history. He's better equipped to handle all the pitfalls and monkey wrenches and straight up sheisty crap that he's had to put up with. Im sitting here ready to get on with my weekend, but I know I'll be sending prayers to the defense team. All of them: Sanger, Yu and Mez. I can't help but be reminded that Mez is the consummate pro. He has fought civil right cases, some pro bono (for free) and has WON. He fights for those whose natural born rights have been stripped away. Mez doesn't take anything for granted, nor does he take matters lightly. His decision to rest today is nothing more than him taking yet another serious step in restoring Michael's dignity. He wouldn't dare risk making a decision that might jeopordize his client's freedom.

My prayers are w/that man to deliver a knock out closing arguement. And of course, our man, Michael gets all my love.

minnie michael

i believe Mez know what to do next week..and we have been did a great job in these months and those 12 people canot change their right mind depend on this tape..on the other hand..that dirty ass said the same thing on the stand..everybody in those 12 people did great notes at the time..and i believe those 12 people will think about this at this weekend and think about what happened in these months..think about how crazy that ass family is..they will forget this tape i am sure..

that Seeeeeeeoonn ****er ass..he wanna use this tape as his final card and give jury a bad impression..its IMpossible..cos our defence team have always did a great job..and..i believe..those 12 people can make their right choice..

next..week..we will have our victory day..i am nervous very very much..that feeling just like lying on the hospital bed and prepare for giving birth to a new babe... :D very very nervous at the same time we know we will have a beautiful, health sweet babe soon..xixiix awww...just praying for Mike and his babes..we will win i am sure..i am glad our defense team end this case so soon that's prove how confident they are..and Mike..he better eat more and have a good rest..Mike..we love you..

HeavenSent

:thumbsup Thanks, whisper for the clip. Suan Fillan is a live one, dang.

Her assessment makes sense. I just hate to hear so many conflicting observations about today. I know it's nothing new, but ugh. That's irritating.

HeavenSent

Originally posted by minnie michael

next..week..we will have our victory day..i am nervous very very much..that feeling just like lying on the hospital bed and prepare for giving birth to a new babe... :D very very nervous at the same time we know we will have a beautiful, health sweet babe soon..xixiix awww...just praying for Mike and his babes..we will win i am sure..i am glad our defense team end this case so soon that's prove how confident they are..and Mike..he better eat more and have a good rest..Mike..we love you..
Good words, Minnie!

minnie michael

yes Carla..Mez is very very professional and smart..he knows what to do he knows this better than those ass media..my heart is full of Mike in these days and i know this is NOT only Mike's second life this is my ( our) second life..this is our rebirth..we will have a new babe next week..maybe what i am saying doesnt make sense at all..but i really have this strong feeling that WE WILL BE THE HEROS.. next week..we will change this history we will prove it..i can do everything to make MIke feel great..and he deserve a peaceful life and a clear name..he will get what he deserve next week..donot worry everybody..dont worry Michael..we will have a happy ending..i am sure..there is no star is too far to reach..truth is truth..innocent people will have a happy ending..all of greatest heros has the same fate: they all had a suffering bitter experience..but without those bitter days without heros..we can do it..because Michael is that ture hero..

Mez you are the hero..i believe in you.. :thumbsup :thumbsup

MystiqueX2004

Originally posted by Cristine87
God, me too! That's why I'm dreading deliberation because I think they're gonna take a while to come to a decision & the idea of waiting to hear Mike's fate kills me. One thing I do know in my heart, there are people in that jury who know Michael is innocent of these charges.

Cristine87, I feel the same exact way. Although I believe in Michael's innocence, not only because we all know that Michael would never do such a thing, but also because when one looks strictly at the evidence, there is simply no way he could have even if he wanted to. But the mere idea of having to wait and know that Michael's fate rests in these people's hands is nerve-racking and enough to make me sick for a week. I mean, if I feel this way, then we can only imagine what he and his family is going through right now....We can only wait and pray that God will deliver Michael from this turmoil....

Eboni

Originally posted by MystiqueX2004
Cristine87, I feel the same exact way. Although I believe in Michael's innocence, not only because we all know that Michael would never do such a thing, but also because when one looks strictly at the evidence, there is simply no way he could have even if he wanted to. But the mere idea of having to wait and know that Michael's fate rests in these people's hands is nerve-racking and enough to make me sick for a week. I mean, if I feel this way, then we can only imagine what he and his family is going through right now....We can only wait and pray that God will deliver Michael from this turmoil....

AMEN GIRL....AMEN!!!

sistahlamb

I'm so glad that this week is over. This week has been way too long.

I'm not really worried about the defence's closing statements because Meserau will bring up the timeline and the rest if the inconsistincies in this so-called "case".

I've never felt so confident!!!!!

I don't think I'll be on this forum after closing statements because of the jury's deliberations and all of the talk in the media about wiether he'll be found innocent or not--I hate listening to all of it, that's why I just avoid it as much as I can.

After closing statements are finished the next time I'll probably be on this forum will be the day of the virdict--if there is one I mean.

Just a question, is the virdict read just whenever the jury reaches one or do they tell the judge first and it's read on a later date???

Saphster

Wait...I'm a little lost so someone please answer me...when will they give the final verdict, next week? Couple of days? Now? When?

lol I'm slow sorry...

sistahlamb

Nobody knows that Sappire.

Closing statements will begin the next court day I believe. The closing statements could last 1-3 maybe and after that the jury deliberates on a virdict.

How long they deliberate nobody knows.

classicaldj

Originally posted by sistahlamb
Closing statements will begin the next court day I believe. The closing statements could last 1-3 maybe and after that the jury deliberates

The next court day, Tuesday, will be the attorneys and the judge deciding about the charges to the jury.

After that, probably on Wednesday, will be closing arguments.

The judge has hinted they will each have 3 hours for closing argument.

Then the jury gets the case. Maybe by Friday.