Official May 5 2005 Thread

sistahlamb

I don't think the dfence is going to start right away.

They filed a motion for aquittal after the prosecution rested, but there's a good chance that won't happen. The prosecution hasn't proven Michael guilty of any of these charges, but unfortunantly, he still hasn't been proven innocent either, in my opinion.

MJISHOT

its so great watching the news today and all they are talking about is how weak the prosecutions case is against mike, how the witness yesterday did NOTHING to link Mike to the conspiracy charge... how the prosecution are slumping in their seats cos they know they havent proved Michael is guilty. I couldnt stop smiling watching it and listening to some positive words for Michael from the press for a change! :D

frozen rose

me either! I actually like this Case, because nothing has been proven that he is guilty! lol. :bleh: <<< Thats to you Sneddon!

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by sistahlamb
I don't think the dfence is going to start right away.

They filed a motion for aquittal after the prosecution rested, but there's a good chance that won't happen. The prosecution hasn't proven Michael guilty of any of these charges, but unfortunantly, he still hasn't been proven innocent either, in my opinion.

It really doesn't matter. True, the prosecution has not proven Michael guilty, however, there is a chance that Michael may indeed be innocent. Regards of what Melville will do for the defense, this fight yet from over. If Melville denied the defense motion, then defense can go to plan B. Remember, this isn't over yet. Despite the media, the fight has just begun for the defense and Michael will finally have his day in court.

MJ'sWife#3

Michael arrived about 15 min ago. He's got on a very colorful vest today. I noticed Jermaine was there with him as well.
I can't wait for the day ahead.

*Kelly*

sistahlamb

It would be nice if some of those charges were dropped at least, if the defence does not win this motion for an aquittal.

But who knows, there is a chance that the prosecution will chicken out--knowing that thier asses will be kicked if they pursue to fight the defence's case--and they will give it up instead of risking the high chance of losing and embarrassment.

But still, I want Michael to be proven innocent in the media and the public's eyes. Giving up now will not do much good for Michael because there is still some doubt in the public, which will not help his career. But that's just my opinion.

MJ'sWife#3

ABC is saying that one of the jurors might have a connection with one of the prosecutions witnesses sisters. MSNBC is saying that it is no big deal and probably won't make a difference.

sistahlamb

ABC is saying that one of the jurors might have a connection with one of the prosecutions witnesses sisters. MSNBC is saying that it is no big deal and probably won't make a difference.

Yeah I just read an article about this.
Here it is:

May 5, 2005 – Serious questions about one of the jurors in the Michael Jackson child molestation trial could lead to the juror's removal from the panel, ABC News has learned exclusively.

ABC News has learned that a key witness, who testified that Jackson molested him when he was a child, and a sister of Juror No. 11 work together in the same small auto parts store in Santa Maria, Calif., just blocks from the courthouse where "The King of Pop" is being tried. Sources told ABC News that the court does not know about this and it is being revealed for the first time this morning. This revelation could lead to the removal of Juror No. 11, a 20-year-old Hispanic male cashier.

"The fix would be to simply excuse the juror and substitute one of the alternates," said Robert Ray, an independent counsel.

This potential development comes as prosecutors rested their case Wednesday against Jackson, who is on trial for allegedly molesting a now-15-year-old boy who spent time at his Neverland Ranch and appeared with him in the 2003 British documentary "Living With Michael Jackson." Jackson, 46, has pleaded not guilty to 10 charges that include felony conspiracy with 28 overt acts involving child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion.

A Question About Fairness – for Both Sides

Jurors are instructed that everything they use to decide a case should be based on the testimony they hear in court. With Juror No. 11's sister apparently working side by side with a key witness, there is at least the opportunity for outside information to reach the juror.

"It does raise the question about whether under those circumstances, both sides can get a fair trial, and particularly important for Michael Jackson," Ray said.

Aaliyah

2005-05-05T153301Z_01_SMT01_RTRIDSP_2_CRIME-JACKSON.jpg

2005-05-05T154222Z_01_SMT02_RTRIDSP_2_CRIME-JACKSON.jpg

Tiger Lilly

Wow! It's Michael and the technicolour waitcoat! :laugh So cool! That man knows how to go to court lol! :laugh

I love you Michael! :inlove

sistahlamb

I read something yesterday about Elizabeth Taylor testifying about Micahel being pressured to settle by his insurance company in 1993. If this is true and she does testify about this, it could corraborate the fact that that insurance company did indeed pay that family themselves, not Micahel Jackson.
There's more about this on MJEOL bullets.

SpecialJanet25

Originally posted by sistahlamb
It would be nice if some of those charges were dropped at least, if the defence does not win this motion for an aquittal.

But who knows, there is a chance that the prosecution will chicken out--knowing that thier asses will be kicked if they pursue to fight the defence's case--and they will give it up instead of risking the high chance of losing and embarrassment.

But still, I want Michael to be proven innocent in the media and the public's eyes. Giving up now will not do much good for Michael because there is still some doubt in the public, which will not help his career. But that's just my opinion.

Well, at least Michael will have his life back. Don't forget he's fighting for his life, not his career. The public will think whatever they wanted about Michael and we can't changed that. He was never the same after '93 but most importantly he's get his life back on track once the defense presents their case and when(if) he's aquittal.