OMG! They Don\'t Care About Us 2009!

LittleSusie50

Oh my God!
Oh my God!
They are going to have the world premiere of They Don't Care About Us 2009
from the movie This Is It on VH1 next Tuesday 1-19-2010.
My hands are shaking so bad I can barely type this!
We gotta wait a whole week!
MICHAEL! MICHAEL! MICHAEL!
There will be no sleep for Susie tonight!
HEE!HEE!:cloud9:cloud9:cloud9:cloud9:8-26-03baby:

LittleSusie50

:wub::wub::8-26-03respect::cloud9:michaeljacksonicon::rollin:mf_w00t2::8-25-03stretcher::disco:welovemj:star::woohoo::dreamy::giddy:59::yayyay
I needed another post to express my happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!

Palmyra;232404 said:
Can someone explain this? TDCAU has already premiered in 1996. Is this with the This is It footage?

From what I gather by reading the first post as written by the thread owner, what will be premiering is TDCAU from the This Is It footage (which is why, I suppose, they're calling it TDCAU 2009.)

I hadn't heard of this before nor have I seen this anywhere else so thanks for sharing, susie.

LittleSusie50

Yes Palmyra, its from the movie This Is It...
I was watching 'Let's Talk About Pep' on VH1 last night, and I saw the commercial.
I don't remember the exact time, cuz I damn near broke my big toe running to the television screaming!:lol
My poor toes! I don't know how many times I have stubbed them running to see Michael on television...
Hey...I just had an epiphany!
You think that I could sue his estate for my injuries??!!
Kidding, of course...:)

Palmyra

LittleSusie50;232441 said:
Yes Palmyra, its from the movie This Is It...
I was watching 'Let's Talk About Pep' on VH1 last night, and I saw the commercial.
I don't remember the exact time, cuz I damn near broke my big toe running to the television screaming!:lol
My poor toes! I don't know how many times I have stubbed them running to see Michael on television...
Hey...I just had an epiphany!
You think that I could sue his estate for my injuries??!!
Kidding, of course...:)

Funny, because we saw that commercial at the exact same time and during the same show. It was probably around 1 or 2 AM EST.

But wait...weren't you already watching television when the commercial came on. Why were you running to the TV? I guess you could have walked away from the TV when the commercials came on.

The video will premiere at, I believe, 10 PM EST on Tuesday.

LittleSusie50

Your are totally right Palmyra!
Needed a refreshment from laughing at that show, so I was in the
kitchen. I heard his name and that music and I just took off running...full tilt boogie!:lol:cloud9:wub::oops:

MJfan01'

VH1 ANNOUNCES EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERES OF MICHAEL JACKSON'S "THEY DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT US" MUSIC VIDEO AND 30-MINUTE ORIGINAL SPECIAL, "ALL ACCESS: MAKING 'MICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS IT'"

"They Don't Really Care About Us" Music Video Premieres on VH1 and VH1.com Tuesday, January 19th at 10pm*

"All Access: Making 'Michael Jackson's This is It'" Premieres Saturday, January 23rd at 10pm*

NEW YORK, Jan. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- VH1 and VH1.com will air the exclusive world premiere of Michael Jackson's "They Don't Really Care About Us" music video on Tuesday, January 19th at 10pm.* On Saturday, January 23rd at 10pm,* VH1 will also exclusively premiere a new 30-minute original special, "All Access: Making 'Michael Jackson's This Is It,'" including never-before-seen footage from the concert rehearsal.

The 30-minute special will take viewers behind the scenes of the making of "Michael Jackson's This Is It" tour prior to his untimely passing. The special, taken from footage from the critically acclaimed film "Michael Jackson's This Is It," will also include additional new content not previously seen in the blockbuster film. The special and music video premieres mark the first time that significant footage from the film will be broadcast on television. Both premieres will be simulcast on VH1, VH1 Classic, and Palladia.

"'Michael Jackson's This Is It' captured the imagination of a huge worldwide audience and reminded us all of his musical genius," said Ben Zurier, Executive Vice President, Program Strategy, VH1, VH1 Classic & Palladia. "Viewers come to VH1 for their favorite music, and we are proud to present this inside look at the amazing 'This Is It' stage show that was being planned, as well as a brand new video that will be eagerly received by fans of the 'King of Pop.'"

MTV Networks (a division of Viacom (VIA, VIA.B), acquired the exclusive United States television rights to air "Michael Jackson's This Is It" beginning in 2011. In raw and candid detail, "Michael Jackson's This Is It" is the last documentation of Michael Jackson at work, capturing the singer, dancer, filmmaker, architect, creative genius and great artist at work. One of the best reviewed films of the year, "Michael Jackson's This Is It" has reached over $250 million in box office receipts worldwide. Randy Phillips, Kenny Ortega and Paul Gongaware are producers. Executive producers are John Branca and John McClain.

The film is being distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures Releasing. "Michael Jackson's This Is It" will be released by Sony Pictures Entertainment on DVD on Tuesday, January 26, 2010.

VH1 connects viewers to the music, artists and pop culture that matter to them most with TV series, specials, live events, exclusive online content and public affairs initiatives. VH1 is available in 95 million households in the U.S. VH1 also has an array of digital channels and services including VH1Classic, VH1 Soul, VH1 Mobile, VH1Games and extensive broadband video on VH1.com. Connect with VH1 at VH1.com.

*all times ET/PT
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-king-of-pop-reigns-on-vh1- 81673722.html

Saphster

This is what I'm talking about. I am dying to see more unseen TII footage...even if it's just of him walking around the stage. I just need to see more.

Cannot wait for this. One of my fave songs of all time and videos. Still how many years after it came out and so relevant and just has such a hard sound to it.

Palmyra

Saphster;232607 said:
This is what I'm talking about. I am dying to see more unseen TII footage...even if it's just of him walking around the stage. I just need to see more.

What's really weird about TII is that Michael hardly ever speaks. You never see him talk uninterrupted for at least two minutes. Michael was never much of a talker, but for the love of God, let's hear the man speak. This is really frustrating. Yeah, the music is nice, but I wanted to see Michael thinking and speaking.

LittleSusie50

I agree Palmyra. Those were the best parts of This Is It.
Just hearing him speak was great!
I'm starting to have mixed feelings about tomorrow though.
I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time.
Its not the same.
I'll get caught up in the moment and forget that he has passed on.
Then once the credits start rolling, I'll be left with a really bad
emotional hangover. Its gonna be a long week...:8-26-03baby:

LittleSusie50

I don't see nuffin' either!
I'm getting butterflies in my stomach!

We're gonna watch the King of Pop tonight!
Mi-chael Jay is gonna rock tonight!

sung to the tune of 'Tonight' from West Side Story...

I know I'm dating myself and its a little corny, but I couldn't resist!

Palmyra

My reaction:

I marvel at the impact Michael has on me. I was all excited, getting ready to see TDCAU. It makes me think that, in an ideal world, you would experience all of this excitement all the time. I didn't hope that I would get to see TDCAU or any other song performed life; I always hoped to see Michael and I dancing to the song together and that he would show me all the moves. Strangely, whenever I think of Michael, I think of situations in which I would be a friend of his rather than a fan. A fan goes to concerts, watches music videos, etc. That never satisfied me when it comes to Michael. I wanted to be at Neverland, go to his dance studio, dance all day and night, and not stop 'til I got enough.

I love you, Applehead.